2»

Comments

• Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    He didn't. He totally damp squibbed. :yawn:

(Actually, that's unfair to squibs. They at least try to go bang!)

Yeah I did feel Jon going back in was a bit of a letdown. It probably would have been better if it had of been Federico or even Lisa, it might have made the last couple of weeks a bit more exciting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about putting a housemate back is that it very badly breaks the no-contact rule, even more than putting in newcomers who have watched the show. It was especially clear with Nikki that she had been coached and prepared for her second stint; and even without that, she was clearly returning as a media star, and everyone knew it.

Imagine the impact on a house full of tired people, who have worn the same few clothes 100 times, who are homesick and a bit stir-crazy from the confined conditions, of putting in someone who had gone weeks ago, with a suitcase full of brand new clothes, with a load of media interviews under their belt, with a precise knowledge of exactly who is popular, who is not popular, and what the public want to happen.

Jon was not quite as intrusive as Nikki, but even so, he came back arrogant, irritating, rightly seen as a threat by the other housemates. I am not sure that anyone really enjoyed him the second time round.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about putting a housemate back is that it very badly breaks the no-contact rule, even more than putting in newcomers who have watched the show. It was especially clear with Nikki that she had been coached and prepared for her second stint; and even without that, she was clearly returning as a media star, and everyone knew it.

Imagine the impact on a house full of tired people, who have worn the same few clothes 100 times, who are homesick and a bit stir-crazy from the confined conditions, of putting in someone who had gone weeks ago, with a suitcase full of brand new clothes, with a load of media interviews under their belt, with a precise knowledge of exactly who is popular, who is not popular, and what the public want to happen.

Jon was not quite as intrusive as Nikki, but even so, he came back arrogant, irritating, rightly seen as a threat by the other housemates. I am not sure that anyone really enjoyed him the second time round.

I don't think it was clear, let alone especially clear, that Nikki had been "coached and prepared". What do you think made it clear.

I don't think what you say about Jon is quite right. "He was really annoying when he went back." "He came back arrogant, irritating." I don't think he was any more like that than before.

I agree that few (if any) enjoyed him the second time, but I think that's because he was less than before, and because he went back saying he was going to stir things up, expose Cameron, etc (I forget the exact words) and then didn't do it.

Anyway, back to Tania, were you in the C4 forum then? Because one of the strange things that year was people referring to Tania as Dave. I don't know whether the phenomenon appeared here, but it was quite noticeable on the C4 forum. (I think it may have originated on usenet.) But if it was meant to be some kind of joke or reference, I never saw anything that explained what it was.

Then there was the probably related phenomenon of calling Tania "Mania" and "Tan the man" and saying she looked like a man. :confused::(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sissy, Tania and Jon Tickle in BB4 <3 ooo and that black man from Africa. BB4 wasn't all that bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sissy, Tania and Jon Tickle in BB4 <3 ooo and that black man from Africa. BB4 wasn't all that bad.

Yeah I liked all them 3 and Gaetano, piggerish:D. Also liked Gos, Justine and Fed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I don't think it was clear, let alone especially clear, that Nikki had been "coached and prepared". What do you think made it clear.

I don't think what you say about Jon is quite right. "He was really annoying when he went back." "He came back arrogant, irritating." I don't think he was any more like that than before.

I agree that few (if any) enjoyed him the second time, but I think that's because he was less than before, and because he went back saying he was going to stir things up, expose Cameron, etc (I forget the exact words) and then didn't do it.

Anyway, back to Tania, were you in the C4 forum then? Because one of the strange things that year was people referring to Tania as Dave. I don't know whether the phenomenon appeared here, but it was quite noticeable on the C4 forum. (I think it may have originated on usenet.) But if it was meant to be some kind of joke or reference, I never saw anything that explained what it was.

Then there was the probably related phenomenon of calling Tania "Mania" and "Tan the man" and saying she looked like a man. :confused::(

I seem to remember there being something in the papers before launch night that a transsexual was going into the house, and for some reason a lot of people decided it was Tania:confused:. I remember quite a few of the texts that used to come up on the bottom of the screen on E4 made some nasty references about Tania looking like a bloke, something I could not see at all.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    jon said"me and cameron will talk like wev never talked before i want to find out who the real cameron is"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    jon said"me and cameron will talk like wev never talked before i want to find out who the real cameron is"

Yes I seem to remember him saying he was going to expose the real Cameron. But I don't remember anything particularly happening between them when he returned. The only thing of note I can recall was jon telling the public to vote Cameron out when he was up against Nush the week before the final.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    It's never a good idea to tell the public how to vote. Usually it causes them to do the opposite out of spite.

I remember in BB5 during the bootcamp week, when Stuart was up for eviction Michelle pleaded with the public not to take him away from her. But Stuart ended up getting the 3rd most eviction votes behind Ahmed and Victor, but ahead of Nadia, Dan and Shell. lol
    I'm sure he wouldn't have got that many if she hadn't have said anything. I thought he'd get the least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's never a good idea to tell the public how to vote. Usually it causes them to do the opposite out of spite.

I remember in BB5 during the bootcamp week, when Stuart was up for eviction Michelle pleaded with the public not to take him away from her. But Stuart ended up getting the 3rd most eviction votes behind Ahmed and Victor, but ahead of Nadia, Dan and Shell. lol
    I'm sure he wouldn't have got that many if she hadn't have said anything. I thought he'd get the least.

Yeah I would have thought Stuart would probably have been the safest out of everyone.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    jon liked cameron in his first spell in the house saying cameron was one of his favourite people in it,he came out of the house and discoverd cameron was an international biz man that changed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    jon liked cameron in his first spell in the house saying cameron was one of his favourite people in it,he came out of the house and discoverd cameron was an international biz man that changed

I know Jon wasn't very happy when he came out and saw Cameron had nominated him every week.