Something missing

adamlee19adamlee19 Posts: 632
Forum Member
✭✭
I aint going to be to critical or even compare x factor to STRICTLY COME DANCING. 2 completly different shows where some people make a huge deal out off. But after watching the X factor tonight i just think there is something missing. Its not that fun anymore its quite dull. The soppy stories really dont help. Next week someone is actually begging that is quite disturbing. Off course its still early days but so far its not been a good start. I might be the only one that thinks that lol but just wanted to give my view.

Comments

• lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    It's a worn out format. It should take a break for a few years then come back fresh and new.
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with above. A lot of the contestants remind me of previous contestants so its all becoming very samey.
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting too stale, Contestants being pushed down our throats when they are not that great.

Crap acts being kept in over good ones in the lives when bottom two voting in the past.

Just gonna be the same old thing this year, that's why it is losing its appeal I think.
  • gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    adamlee19 wrote: »
    I aint going to be to critical or even compare x factor to STRICTLY COME DANCING. 2 completly different shows where some people make a huge deal out off. But after watching the X factor tonight i just think there is something missing. Its not that fun anymore its quite dull. The soppy stories really dont help. Next week someone is actually begging that is quite disturbing. Off course its still early days but so far its not been a good start. I might be the only one that thinks that lol but just wanted to give my view.
    simon cheryl and danni;)
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah same old moans from the DS whingers while the rest of us just sit back and enjoy it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Would be nice this year is they genuinely chose the best 12 acts for the lives. The whole novelty act thing has worn very thin now. Better to surprise us with a full 12 acts who are brilliant singers.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will they find 12 brilliant singers ?
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will they find 12 brilliant singers ?

Louis is incapable, He is in charge of the boys . look who got through tonight the Yodelling Boy. Please don't let him get through he cant sing
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Convict wrote: »
    Would be nice this year is they genuinely chose the best 12 acts for the lives. The whole novelty act thing has worn very thin now. Better to surprise us with a full 12 acts who are brilliant singers.

Will never happen, unfortunately.
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sob stories should be just banned. Sing or not - this is what we want.
  • adamlee19adamlee19 Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Yeah same old moans from the DS whingers while the rest of us just sit back and enjoy it.
    I aint complaining or anything. Just saying it just feels quite stale. Something is missing. Dont know what that is though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats missing? Easy - raw unmanicured talent.
  • TellyGrannyTellyGranny Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    The talent is missing at the moment I think that's the problem for me. They seem to be wowed by very mediocre singers, the amount of people who've had standing ovations who sound like they're on karaoke at the local pub is very worrying.

I've always liked the programme because I like music and I Iike to watch new talent and hear new voices, as well as the humour of some deluded individuals but there hasn't actually been anyone with a very impressive voice on yet, and the few that have been half decent have messed up/got an annoying sob story.

It all just seems to feel very.... chavvy? :o:D
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    The talent is missing at the moment I think that's the problem for me. They seem to be wowed by very mediocre singers, the amount of people who've had standing ovations who sound like they're on karaoke at the local pub is very worrying.

I've always liked the programme because I like music and I Iike to watch new talent and hear new voices, as well as the humour of some deluded individuals but there hasn't actually been anyone with a very impressive voice on yet, and the few that have been half decent have messed up/got an annoying sob story.

It all just seems to feel very.... chavvy? :o:D

My opinion - ok I don't like Hannah or Sam all that much but I still thought - wow they can both sing and hold a note - two big powerful voices. Tamera has a very Whitney thing about her too. Abi and Relley gave really quirky performances today of good songs - really nice to hear something new. Melanie gave a performance with huge range with a much stronger tone proving that technically she's really good (much better than before!).

So my opinion of the current contestants is 'great'. Sam, Abi and Tamera singing were complete wow moments though to me.

Nevertheless somehow I agree, there isn't a singer yet who I feel gaga/attached over, maybe it has to form over the process, like I didn't like James A/Misha B/Katie W/Lucie J/Ruth L at first but come the live shows and that all changes and I suddenly like these people! I think that'll change here too...everything starts to get much more interesting once each contestant has a musical direction and the lives come where everyone preformed 5 or 6 songs that we've seen already.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remove Sob Stories, Go back to original auditions instead of arena auditions, bring back Simon Cowell, stick to 3 judges each having 4 finalists and categories should be Males, Females and Groups (age is limitless in all categories) - It's pointless to have over 25s category.
    Oh yes remove Xtra Factor during auditions/bootcamp and use it for after live shows. Lot of the times, it's just utter waste and trash talk