That effing chart show is everywhere!

2»

Comments

• Peace100Peace100 Posts: 3,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its even on air in Tenerife these days on Horizon fm, mind you it is better than the Xpat Chart.
  • pepstarpepstar Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    I'm sorry your ears couldn't tell.

Bit condescending, i was merely stating facts.
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,355
    Forum Member
    pepstar wrote: »
    Bit condescending, i was merely stating facts.
    Just a natural response to what sounded quite dismissive. (Had you said "should" rather than "would" then I'm sure the response would have been quite different).
    But either way, no offence taken, I hope.
  • Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure some 'engineers' know what good sound is these days.

For example, Radio 1 has sounded dreadful for years.

They should copy the radio 2 processor settings
  • Phil DoddPhil Dodd Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrewn wrote: »
    You should have been around in the 80's - the choice was charts - or Charlie Chester!:D

Or 1960s pre-1964, when it was Pick of the Pops, with Alan Freeman... but we were happy listening to that ! Amazing his perfect timing in the days before computerised playout systems and displays that count down the remaining seconds on a track !

My favourite chart show was the one presented by Robin Banks on Kiss 100. It was two versions of the same show, playing simultaneously. There was Kiss100's own version, and the networked version. Sometimes one was ahead of the other and vice versa, but they both started and finished at the same time, and had different tracks from each other part-way through. I got the impression that by the time that both the shows came to an end, Robin and co had already been down the pub for half an hour thanks to electronic wizzardry - or they needed to be after that !

Robin is/was pne of the very few genuinely funny breakfast show hosts where he's part of a gossiping team, a concept that so often falls flat on its face ( as we know ) but Robin was successful at it !
  • Pablo79Pablo79 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Phil Dodd wrote: »
    My favourite chart show was the one presented by Robin Banks on Kiss 100. It was two versions of the same show, playing simultaneously. There was Kiss100's own version, and the networked version. Sometimes one was ahead of the other and vice versa, but they both started and finished at the same time, and had different tracks from each other part-way through. I got the impression that by the time that both the shows came to an end, Robin and co had already been down the pub for half an hour thanks to electronic wizzardry - or they needed to be after that !

Robin is/was pne of the very few genuinely funny breakfast show hosts where he's part of a gossiping team, a concept that so often falls flat on its face ( as we know ) but Robin was successful at it !
    Fresh 40. Mostly came on Kiss and the Bauer (ex EMAP) stations in the north of England. Heart did the adult orientated A List and the GCap stations plus a smattering of others took Hit 40. At least there was a bit of variety in those days between 4 and 7pm on a Sunday.
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pablo79 wrote: »
    Fresh 40. Mostly came on Kiss and the Bauer (ex EMAP) stations in the north of England. Heart did the adult orientated A List and the GCap stations plus a smattering of others took Hit 40. At least there was a bit of variety in those days between 4 and 7pm on a Sunday.

I also remember Real Radio doing the Real Album Chart Show. Did that go down well with listeners?
  • Pablo79Pablo79 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I also remember Real Radio doing the Real Album Chart Show. Did that go down well with listeners?

Don't really remember that one. However as a kid I do remember local radio stations doing their own charts, usually on a Saturday morning. They would often be better to listen to as they seemed to reflect local tastes. I think Scottish stations did the same until recently and may still do so?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Pablo79 wrote: »
    Don't really remember that one. However as a kid I do remember local radio stations doing their own charts, usually on a Saturday morning. They would often be better to listen to as they seemed to reflect local tastes. I think Scottish stations did the same until recently and may still do so?

Yep Bauer Scotland still has their chart show it's now called The hot 20.
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,842
    Forum Member

Gary Davies (Sundays 1-4). It was a good show, Gary was able to be more himself than what he was at R1
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kierankay wrote: »
    Yep Bauer Scotland still has their chart show it's now called The hot 20.

Doesn't seem fitting anymore now that Bauer Scotland do an In Demand Scotland Top 30 on Friday nights.