Options

Hotel wifi

MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry I'm a pain today.

My BT speed is so low, (0.48) that I can't use links or print off the laptop, I just get a white screen. I have loads I must print such as boarding passes etc.

Blimmin Library closed today as well. I'm staying at a main Heathrow hotel who surely must have wifi. The question is, should I take my bulky printer or would such a place have facilities to print do you think?

I'm sure someone here must have experience of doing something similar.

Comments

• Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any business-type hotel will have printing facilities (at a cost). Might be some service in the airport itself too?
  • Options
    lotsobearlotsobear Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    If you are going to be taking a printer with you to your hotel, you may as well bring a desktop computer instead of a laptop computer with you! :D
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    The Hotel will have printing facilities at an extra cost, just ask at the desk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davidmcn wrote: »
    Any business-type hotel will have printing facilities (at a cost). Might be some service in the airport itself too?
    Thanks david, the cost will outweigh my stress.
    lotsobear wrote: »
    If you are going to be taking a printer with you to your hotel, you may as well bring a desktop computer instead of a laptop computer with you! :D
    Yearh bear, I'm of the silver surfer catching up!
    Thanks. I don't care what it costs, just a holiday, the first in 13 years.

Can I call on you all from Sweden?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    davidmcn wrote: »

Haven't tried them but I've seen printing services at Edinburgh, Stansted and Luton. Think it was about £2 a sheet, might be worth googling your airport OP and see what facilities they list?

ETA: See it's Heathrow, looks like they have them: http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/services-and-facilities/internet-access
  • Options
    lotsobearlotsobear Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    With color printing at an additional cost! :D
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »
    I'm sure someone here must have experience of doing something similar.

You can probably use someone else's wifi (hotel, McDonalds, neighbour's wifi, parked outside someone's house, etc, bearing in mind some of these will be illegal to do) to access the boarding passes, then save them as PDF, and print them off on your printer at home.

If the hotel you mentioned is part of your trip, then I suppose you can bring a printer with you and leave it in the car if it's not needed. Just remember to bring all the leads needed. If you're going by bus or train however, then it will be a bit awkward...

At the airport, depending on the airline, there might be some time limit beyond which you can't print the boarding passes (eg. not within 4 hours of departure for Ryanair).

Some airlines may also accept a boarding pass displayed on a smart phone or tablet, from a saved PDF for example (not Ryanair though!).

If cost is no object, then the airline will probably sort out your boarding card at the airport, but subject to some penalty. Allow extra time for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Specktater wrote: »
    Haven't tried them but I've seen printing services at Edinburgh, Stansted and Luton. Think it was about £2 a sheet, might be worth googling your airport OP and see what facilities they list?

ETA: See it's Heathrow, looks like they have them: http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/services-and-facilities/internet-access
    Thanks, have noted it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Just had a thought OP, BT offer free Openzone access when you're having speed issues (and some packages have some free minutes included too), is there anyone with Openzone in your area? (Turn off your router and check your wifi networks).
  • Options
    GageGage Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried tethering from your phone(assuming you have a 3/4g smartphone)