How Many Tattoos Do You Have?

Comments

• FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Some people will always judge others i'm afraid. And hate on things

Its the level of ridiculousness i find laughable. The nasty hateful comments do make me realise there are plenty of twa.ts around still though, so its all good :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    As I said before, it's down to you what you do.

In your opinion it was a thoughtless comment. And considering the person that I originally made the comment to, took it less personally than you appeared to have done, speaks volumes.

Not really, to be honest with you i felt you were tactless as well.
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    Basically this. Yet the ones with tattoos are supposed to be classless? give me a break. I just think there are so many more important things to worry and bitch about in this world then my sleeve. I appreciate not everyone likes tats but ill be darned if ill take crap like someone saying im mentally ill for having them, they can get fO0ked.

I love my upper sleeve its a vine of flowers and i get complimented on it a lot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foox wrote: »
    I love my upper sleeve its a vine of flowers and i get complimented on it a lot.

There she is ! Foox :D:D:D:D:D Its lovely x
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Do you notice that no tattooed people have anything derogatory to say about non tattooed people, but those insulting and rude people are supposedly the better ones. :confused:

I don't find that true at all. I have found that some people get increadibly defensive about having tattoos to the point where someone only mentions in passing that they don't like them for that to be jumped on as judgemental and snobby, despite it just being a statement of personal preference.
    I happen to know a couple of heavily tattooed friends who take it extremely personally if someone dares to state they're not a fan, even if that comment is polite and completely non offensive
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There she is ! Foox :D:D:D:D:D Its lovely x

Not stopping eyes are spinning in y head frm lunchtie drinking lolz bk later xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I don't find that true at all. I have found that some people get increadibly defensive about having tattoos to the point where someone only mentions in passing that they don't like them for that to be jumped on as judgemental and snobby, despite it just being a statement of personal preference.
    I happen to know a couple of heavily tattooed friends who take it extremely personally if someone dares to state they're not a fan, even if that comment is polite and completely non offensive

But then when you see some of the comments in here from the t w at waffles you can understand people being like "oh foo0k you son" :D
    Foox wrote: »
    Not stopping eyes are spinning in y head frm lunchtie drinking lolz bk later xx

Ill get you in chatter later :)
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If tattoos came with the quality of lasting two years perfectly and then disappearing without trace, unless there was a decision from the owner to make them permanent, I would be happier about them.

I've seen a lot of ghastly mistakes.

I haven't got any. But have friends who have. I like my friends, it's up to them, although I don't like any of the tattoos they've got.

But I don't wear them and I don't mention them.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could that be because they have spent years listening to comments the likes of those that have been put in this thread?

When something/someone is slated again and again for years people tend to get extremely defensive over the slightest negative comment.

I'm not defending it, people shouldn't be vilified for an opinion. Just giving possible reasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If tattoos came with the quality of lasting two years perfectly and then disappearing without trace, unless there was a decision from the owner to make them permanent, I would be happier about them.

I've seen a lot of ghastly mistakes.

You can infact have them removed though ya know :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Could that be because they have spent years listening to comments the likes of those that have been put in this thread?

When something/someone is slated again and again for years people tend to get extremely defensive over the slightest negative comment.

I'm not defending it, people shouldn't be vilified for an opinion. Just giving possible reasons.

I don't know tbh. I know that a girl at work once asked why I didn't have tattoos and I just said 'I don't like them'. She replied 'why?' and when I said that I just don't she got really arsey and went 'well that isnt a f***ing very good reason is it?'. Also, another bloke at work (who is actually fairly senior) has said that the ONLY reason people don't like tattoos is snobbery. In his mind, there can be absolutely no other reason.
    So, I suppose, no I don't really get that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know tbh. I know that a girl at work once asked why I didn't have tattoos and I just said 'I don't like them'. She replied 'why?' and when I said that I just don't she got really arsey and went 'well that isnt a f***ing very good reason is it?'. Also, another bloke at work (who is actually fairly senior) has said that the ONLY reason people don't like tattoos is snobbery. In his mind, there can be absolutely no other reason.

Reading the whole thread i think its pretty obvious. Look at the negativity and comments. So no, im not buying that people with tattoos dont have the right to get arsey with people who make smart mouth comments or abuse them. It does happen probably to everyone with a tattoo in this thread and as ive said, this tread speaks for itself really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the whole thread i think its pretty obvious. Look at the negativity and comments. So no, im not buying that people with tattoos dont have the right to get arsey with people who make smart mouth comments or abuse them. It does happen probably to everyone with a tattoo in this thread and as ive said, this tread speaks for itself really.

I'm not talking about 'smart mouth comments or abuse', I'm talking about answering a straight question with a straight answer and I don't accept that's ok.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    I don't know, about five I guess, all quite small.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't get it either. I have tattoos. People are perfectly entitled to not like them. Is never dream of being an arse to someone for simply saying they didn't like tattoos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about 'smart mouth comments or abuse', I'm talking about answering a straight question with a straight answer and I don't accept that's ok.

You're missing the point (possibly on purpose) people are defensive when asked a simple question because of the type of twa.ts you get in life, like some of the ones who have posted in this thread.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    You can infact have them removed though ya know :p

I know - laser removal places springing up everywhere. But it's expensive and often doesn't work, and then the tattoos are covered up with bigger ones. Some of them are bloody awful too.;-)
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member

The problem is the fact that people think they should be able to say something to people with tattoos about whether they like them or not. I don't go up to people and say I don't like your clear not tattooed skin, but people feel they can say to me I don't like tattoos, why? Maybe if I'd asked your opinion but I didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is the fact that people think they should be able to say something to people with tattoos about whether they like them or not. I don't go up to people and say I don't like your clear not tattooed skin, but people feel they can say to me I don't like tattoos, why? Maybe if I'd asked your opinion but I didn't.

This as well^ Blondie im going to assume youre a blonde from your user name. Its the same as people coming up to you and going "hmm blonde hair dont like it makes me think youre stupid". Not nice really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i prefer the bubble gum transfers you got as a kid..lick and stick on , last only a few days but still :D
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    As I said before, it's down to you what you do.

In your opinion it was a thoughtless comment. And considering the person that I originally made the comment to, took it less personally than you appeared to have done, speaks volumes.

Really? What does it say?

I personally think the comment you made about that persons tattoo was thoughtless and tackless even with your :p at the end.

Now you tell me what it says about me.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member

Strange logic there!

I was asked by an ex why i wouldn't get a tattoo, she had several including her name for some weird reason like she would forget it, and i simply said i didn't like them. She went off on one claiming my reasoning wasn't good enough for disliking them. I know several other people who are the same when it comes to their tattoos.

One in particular went ballistic when i said i would rather look at a picture of a deceased loved one rather than plaster their name on myself.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Around 25 at the last count, but some have been absorbed into larger designs.

One or two are personal. A few show my love of gaming from the era I was brought up in. One design encapsulates Cthulhu, a Raven and a Nazgûl as Lovecraft, Poe and Tolkein are my favourite authors. The Norse designs on my back and left arm are down to my heritage. The majority of the rest are ones I've had done whilst travelling. Things like an Oni which I had in done in Japan, a Chaos symbol I got in Greece etc. etc.

Will be getting a couple more done in a few months too. Another Cthulhu design that I've been working on and a small helicopter.
    Wow, sounds impressive.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I've got a star on my ankle, a treble clef on my forearm, and a lizard on my calf.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I think some people generalise far too much.

Much like many other things some tats can look great, some can look awful and others are somewhere in-between. Same for clothes, haircuts, fashion statements and pretty much anything really!

For me some people's tats totally suit them, others really really don't. What I don't think it is wise (and I am being kind here) to label people who have them as mentally ill. That's actually quote an outrageous and insulting statement on several levels.

I do think it's fair however for others to criticise those who have awful ones (and yes of course it's subjective) much like people may criticise someone who chooses to sport a mullet might be up for some gentle ribbing too.

Personally to each their own I say.