Options

30th Birthday suprise month

TIVO_YORK99TIVO_YORK99 Posts: 317
Forum Member
Hi,

Its my wife's 30th birthday in August and I've come across the idea that instead of buying a big present etc. or arranging a suprise party (she's made me promise I won't do this) is to
get her a present for every day of the month.

I've got a budget of about £30 per day, and it can be anything, presents or days out, or pampering etc.

Would you be happy with this?, and has anyone got any suggestions for any of the days?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky sports package
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a puppy from an abandoned animals sanctuary
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a brand new iron :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a luck lady!!! You are a really generous guy. You must love her so much. Speaking as a 35 year old who got NOTHING from hubby on her birthday, I have thought of a few things I'd like that may translate across to help you.

Manicure
    Pedicure
    Facial
    Hair Style
    Movie tickets
    Clothing
    Underwear
    Shoes
    Girl's night out
    Favourite mags
    Books
    Day trip to favourite place
    Picnic
    Champagne
    You do housework for a day.
    Perfume???
    Massage
    You could be her butler...
    Bath Oils/Salts
    That's about all I can think of at the moment. I really hope that the birthday month goes as planned and you both enjoy it immensely!!!
  • Options
    TIVO_YORK99TIVO_YORK99 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    krytas wrote:
    What a luck lady!!! You are a really generous guy. You must love her so much. Speaking as a 35 year old who got NOTHING from hubby on her birthday, I have thought of a few things I'd like that may translate across to help you.

Manicure
    Pedicure
    Facial
    Hair Style
    Movie tickets
    Clothing
    Underwear
    Shoes
    Girl's night out
    Favourite mags
    Books
    Day trip to favourite place
    Picnic
    Champagne
    You do housework for a day.
    Perfume???
    Massage
    You could be her butler...
    Bath Oils/Salts
    That's about all I can think of at the moment. I really hope that the birthday month goes as planned and you both enjoy it immensely!!!

Thanks a lot for the reply, I hope she enjoys it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for the reply, I hope she enjoys it!
    No problem!! Happy days to you both
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Its my wife's 30th birthday in August and I've come across the idea that instead of buying a big present etc. or arranging a suprise party (she's made me promise I won't do this) is to

I've got a budget of about £30 per day, and it can be anything, presents or days out, or pampering etc.

Would you be happy with this?, and has anyone got any suggestions for any of the days?
    it does sound like a lovely idea. very thoughtful and sweet (if you pull it off!)... but then i thought about it a bit more and tbh i would prefer one big present/treat. But thats just me....

You've been given some good suggestions (and a few dodgy ones). If you did do it, seeing as you're getting little things, I think it'd be quite important to mostly buy her personal items rather clichéd gifts... cant really say what, but things that you know she likes, or are a treat, or has been wanting etc... Or maybe you could do in between a big gift and everyday gifts.... i know people who send their partner their favourite flowers every single monday.. not saying you should do that! but maybe arrange 4 special weekends or smg...
  • Options
    diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    colwyn bay wrote:
    Whilst this might be a sensible and praticable gift, there is a small chance that it might not be appreciated.

In the sensible gift area it is best to choose something lightweight which will not require a visit to A&E if thrown.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I think this is the most fantastic idea and I wish I was your wife. You will most definitely score brownie points. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A £900 total pressie just for turning 30??? :eek: :D

Why not take a month off work the pair of you and spend it with each other doing stuff together - time has more value than any material gift IMO :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I will be 30 in January....can i have loads of gifts too please? :D

Seriously, it's a GREAT idea. Us women are suckers for that kind of thing. Cute. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diablo wrote:
    Whilst this might be a sensible and praticable gift, there is a small chance that it might not be appreciated.

In the sensible gift area it is best to choose something lightweight which will not require a visit to A&E if thrown.

Yes - good thinking ;)

Whilst my ideas might not be perfect the OP might get another idea from them

e.g. Iron - golf iron - golf lessons or driving lessons etc etc. :)

It's a brilliant idea from the OP to get a gift every day - it just shows romance is not dead :):):):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,

That's a lovely idea! :)

But trying to think of 31 presents??? :eek: Now thats hard! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    colwyn bay wrote:

If my hubby bought me an iron for anything let alone my birthday, i would beat him to death with it!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you really thought this through. 30 presents is so much effort. Plus she will then expect a similar thing at 40 etc. Also, do you really want to disappoint her when it is her 31st and she only gets a normal present.

Honestly, it is a crazy idea. You will be making a rod for your own back.

She will be just as happy with one present that you have thought about. If she doesn't know about this 30 present idea she will be perfectly content.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a lovely idea :)

How about a few bunches of flowers, say one or two a week.
    A few dinner dates.
    A couple of strawberry & champagne breakfasts (best stick to a weekend for those).
    A night in a country hotel, with the following day spent wandering the local town (doesn't have to be an expensive place, a B&B can be just as nice).
    Perfume
    Some lovely smelly bath and massage oils
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how all the women are getting into what they would like.

Honestly, trust me, don't even try it. You will get to day 10 and run out of ideas or have something else on and then you will then annoy her more than if you had bought one present. She will forget at this stage that you have already done 10 presents.

It is World Cup month, think about your commitments and plan the present accordingly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe go with a theme and just build on that for the 30 days.

I'm sure you missus will love whatever you give her & just tell her you love her as often as you can :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about a lovely romantic holiday somewhere really exotic and each day of the month give her a present which relates to the holiday (less than £30)

eg some flip flops, beach bag, moistureiser, phrase book, meal in a restraunt themed with the holiday, wine from the destination, etc. etc. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A £900 total pressie just for turning 30??? :eek: :D
    Thats why i would prefer one gift... I think its a reasonable amount but would far rather have one piece of nice jewelery or something, but that might just be me.