Options

Is Tom Daley Gay

Comments

• Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    What accusations am I throwing around ? I'm saying the guy may not be gay but a load of people who find him hot and would like him to be gay are starting threads about it . You only have to read this thread to know that's true .

You started calling people perverts, which isn't very fair is it?
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member

Really what is the obsession u and other posters seem to have with this guys sexuality. Tom can decide for himself his sexual orientation for Gods sake leave the guy alone and let him get on with his career and anything else is no ones business. End of!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    Really what is the obsession u and other posters seem to have with this guys sexuality. Tom can decide for himself his sexual orientation for Gods sake leave the guy alone and let him get on with his career and anything else is no ones business. End of!!!!

Where have I speculated or mentioned his sexuality?

Find it in this thread. You won't because I haven't.

What is your obsession with reading things that aren't even there?
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again what's evident. Speculating someone's straight - fine. Speculating someone is gay - perverted. Just goes to show what real prejudices in perceptions still exist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Again what's evident. Speculating someone's straight - fine. Speculating someone is gay - perverted. Just goes to show what real prejudices in perceptions still exist.

Exactly, I notice the poster saying he/she thought Tom had a girlfriend wasn't called perverted..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly, I notice the poster saying he/she thought Tom had a girlfriend wasn't called perverted..

It's the 'gay' thing. Yes gays are equal but never think about it, never refer to it, never insinuate it and never talk about it.

People speculate on relationships of celebrities all the time. ONLY when it comes to the gay issue to people wheel out words like 'perverted'.

It's transparent. People find the idea that a gay man could have a crush on an 18 year old sports figure is 'perverted'. And it's SO obvious why, isn't it?
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I reckon he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the 'gay' thing. Yes gays are equal but never think about it, never refer to it, never insinuate it and never talk about it.

People speculate on relationships of celebrities all the time. ONLY when it comes to the gay issue to people wheel out words like 'perverted'.

It's transparent. People find the idea that a gay man could have a crush on an 18 year old sports figure is 'perverted'. And it's SO obvious why, isn't it?

I'm getting tired of it, especially when there's been a plethora of well I'm gay but... Posts.

You only have to look at the show biz forum itself to see that there is truth in your post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I reckon he is.

What evidence do u have to back up that allegation?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What evidence do u have to back up that allegation?

So have you found evidence for this obsession you accused me of?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am no longer taking part in this discussion as it is getting completely ridiculous. Some people on here seem obsessed with a young mans sexuality and I probably know why.

Moderators can u please close this thread because it has gone way off topic and is far too ridiculous for words. Thank u.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am no longer taking part in this discussion as it is getting completely ridiculous. Some people on here seem obsessed with a young mans sexuality and I probably know why.

Moderators can u please close this thread because it has gone way off topic and is far too ridiculous for words. Thank u.

A thread titled 'Is Tom Daley gay?' has gone off topic as people are discussing if Tom Daley is gay?

The problem is people don't want to admit or face up to their prejudices. Speculate a male or female celeb is in a relationship with opposite sex, no problem. Speculate same sex, you get the word 'pervert' thrown around. The personal lives of celebrities are discussed all the time here. ONLY when it comes to the gay issue do people use such language. And there's a very transparent reason for this.

No amount of deflecting or refusing to answer questions that are posed, changes this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's getting rediculous, because you're making accusations you can't back up.

You accused me of being obsessed, despite me not mentioning his sexuality once on this thread, I only joined this thread to agree with the general points that BomoLad was making.

It started getting dragged off topic, by the likes of you trying to obfuscate the discussion by talking about obsession..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A thread titled 'Is Tom Daley gay?' has gone off topic as people are discussing if Tom Daley is gay?

The problem is people don't want to admit or face up to their prejudices. Speculate a male or female celeb is in a relationship with opposite sex, no problem. Speculate same sex, you get the word 'pervert' thrown around.

No amount of deflecting or refusing to answer questions that are posed, changes this.

He can't back up the points he was making, so he's seeking to derail the thread in another way. It's so transparent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1679875

You wonder how many cries of pervert you'll read here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1679875

You wonder how many cries of pervert you'll read here

None, although, the OP of that thread happens to be gay..but most won't notice because it's not mentioned..
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon he is.

You've got a camera in his bedroom? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Shannon_BurnettShannon_Burnett Posts: 263
    Forum Member

The problem is people don't want to admit or face up to their prejudices. Speculate a male or female celeb is in a relationship with opposite sex, no problem. Speculate same sex, you get the word 'pervert' thrown around. The personal lives of celebrities are discussed all the time here. ONLY when it comes to the gay issue do people use such language. And there's a very transparent reason for this.

:D:D:D

You couldn't make it up, could you now?
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's close the thread :) Mods, would you do the honours? It's gettimg silly, now.
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Let's close the thread :) Mods, would you do the honours? It's gettimg silly, now.

I'm surprised the thread is still here, considering it was started by a WUM and PBU:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1682375&highlight=
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are the gay people in this thread who think its wrong to speculate prejudice against themselves?
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's also not very fair to speculate that a boy who to all intents and purposes is heterosexual is being made out to be gay for the gratification of people who find him hot !
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fancying someone is fine , speculating about their sexuality is a different matter . If someone of Toms age states that they are straight , and people who fancy him ignore that to speculate that he's lying about his sexuality, and are openly discussing the sexuality of someone they don't know.Then yeah it's pretty perverted in my opinion , same if it was a gay man/woman who was accused of lying about their sexuality .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also not very fair to speculate that a boy who to all intents and purposes is heterosexual is being made out to be gay for the gratification of people who find him hot !

Do show me where I've done that.

So far I've been called a pervert, and obsessed.

I've done no speculating at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fancying someone is fine , speculating about their sexuality is a different matter . If someone of Toms age states that they are straight , and people who fancy him ignore that to speculate that he's lying about his sexuality, and are openly discussing the sexuality of someone they don't know.Then yeah it's pretty perverted in my opinion , same if it was a gay man/woman who was accused of lying about their sexuality .

Tom is 18, stop trying to make out he's a child.

I have no reason to believe that Tom is not being truthful when he says he identifies as heterosexual, I've always found him to be a sweet, caring, compassionate young man, and I doubt he'd be likely to not be honest.

But at the same time, no it's not perverted at all to speculate if he's gay, anymore than it's perverted to wonder if Katie Price is shagging say, Alex Reid, or whoever she's with this month..
This discussion has been closed.