The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    Great episode!!

I'm still not happy that Rick was even considering handing Michonne over. I will let it slide since he did change his mind.
    I'm pleased that he told the group and that from now on they all decide together.

I'm surprised how sad I was about Merle. I couldn't stand him and yet in the end he did the right thing. He put his love for his brother first and that was nice to see.

Heartbreaking watching Daryl find zombie Merle and then be the one who has to put him down. Ripped my heart out :(
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The major kicking was the big point, I suppose we're used in fiction to people being kicked to hell and coming back stronger, but Merle was, and lacks a hand.

TBH at this point the governor is a psychopath, so not sure logic is anything to do with it, The Governor had the gun at all times anyway, so a pretty important advantage.

Again though the show isn't about the people being logical, it's about them bending under the ridiculous pressures.

Rick has just gone twisted because of the death of Lori, Andrea just want's peace and happiness, and she deludes herself in that hope.

Logical progression has never been a tenet of great fiction.

Don't get me wrong - I have no problem with 'stupid' or illogical in this context - People can be stupid at the best of times and The Governor hasn't shown himself a shining light of sanity let alone intelligence or logic:D
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Logical progression has never been a tenet of great fiction.

Oh come on, sure it is a tenet of great fiction.

However this was never meant to be great fiction. It's popcorn fiction. And good stuff at its best. But come now it's not "great fiction".

Logical progression is to be desired even in this kind of populist/popcorn/popgun fiction though; and it's a shame that it seems to have "Lost" its way. It's still better than most the stuff you can tune into (download), but that's no reason not to criticize its recent failings.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I thought Merles lack of fight was more down to the fact he was heavily intoxicated, but the governor wouldn’t have know that at the time,although im sure he would have expected one of his goons to step in if Merle got the upper hand.

This was a great episode in all, and i throughly enjoyed it. I have no idea whats going to happen in the finale, but im hoping Daryl is the one to kill the governer if he is going to be killed off. It would be nice to see him avenge his brother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    I thought Merles lack of fight was more down to the fact he was heavily intoxicated, but the governor wouldn’t have know that at the time,although im sure he would have expected one of his goons to step in if Merle got the upper hand.

This was a great episode in all, and i throughly enjoyed it. I have no idea whats going to happen in the finale, but im hoping Daryl is the one to kill the governer if he is going to be killed off. It would be nice to see him avenge his brother.

BIB - I'd forgotten that - good call.

I also think that perhaps he had given up? He'd realised thanks to Michonne that he had made some really bad choices and wasn't intending on coming out of the 'meeting' alive - just to do as much damage as he could.

Still snivelling a bit every now & then - Merle might not have been my favourite person but he was a favourite character - he added tension, an alternate view point and some pretty dark humour. Poor Daryl too. That final scene was very well played by all involved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That final scene was very well played by all involved.

Yeah. They have both been very good in this, those bros.

I have forgotten to mention that, from the stand point I've taken regarding moral choices, I kind of wish Michonne had asked (and pressed maybe) Merle about having her come to help him. She did appeal to his true humanity to get him to release her, it would have been really cool to see her "reward" him with some regard as such. She definitely isn't unsure about the need to take down "The Governor". She certainly would have been an asset... and she may have been able to convince Merle to not just commit kamikaze suicide.

Of course if all that followed through it would have been quite a different outcome what we saw. But maybe just her asking Merle at least -- and then him insisting that he need to do this "on his own" -- would have been cool.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on, sure it is a tenet of great fiction.

However this was never meant to be great fiction. It's popcorn fiction. And good stuff at its best. But come now it's not "great fiction".

Logical progression is to be desired even in this kind of populist/popcorn/popgun fiction though; and it's a shame that it seems to have "Lost" its way. It's still better than most the stuff you can tune into (download), but that's no reason not to criticize its recent failings.

Well, I think it is great fiction, so I don't see the failings. It all works for me. Not sure someone like Darabont wanted to make Popcorn, myself.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An interesting bit of subtext is that the Governor obviously allowed Merle to "turn", when his policy throughout the series has always been to stab any dead bodies in the head to make sure it wouldn't happen... in his world, becoming a walker/biter is the ultimate punishment, and one he specifically wanted for Merle...

Yes, great episode, more kudos to Norman Reedus, and with so many people now having personal reasons for wanting the Governor dead, I can't see him surviving next week somehow, it's just a matter of who finally gets to pull the trigger...
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know when this episode was in relation to last week's? Was it straight after or on a parallel?
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Really enjoying this season, and as for the latest episode, certainly not disappointed. Glad Rick came to the right decision and someone paid the ultimate price for passed sins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anywhere taking bets on who kills the Governer?

I'm going for the girl Tyreese is with. Whats everyone elses predictions?
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Maggie do it....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Andrea or Daryl would be my bet.
  • Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    I bet it's Rick or Maggie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Vintage06 wrote: »

Actually thinking about it, it would make more sense if his killer came from within the Woodbury group as they get to witness how deranged he is on a daily basis. They are the closest at hand to stop him from going further in his mad quest for blood.

Tyrese or Sasha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure we can completely rule out Milton - he wouldn't do it 'directly' with a gun or knife but he could 'accidentally' use a walker or even poison. A bit 'et tu Milton' :D

Though I suspect it'll either be Rick (leader showdown) or Andrea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member

Andrea. It's her way back into the group (if she's going to be in next season, that is). I don't think Milton will survive next week's episode.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If The Governor does die, I think it will be Andrea who kills him.

I also agree that Milton will likely die, which is a shame as I really like him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In the comicbook Hershell stump stomps him to death.

Again? Again, I kid. Not even clicked upon the .cbrs, as yet.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member

Milton.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would love it to be Daryl, retribution for what happened to Merle.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Milton.

I'm guessing that too, I hope he joins Ricks group eventually.
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Sorry not had the chance to read back, so I am sorry if I say things that have been discussed already!

It is just me that hopes Andrea does not come back in to main group for next season? Both me and my partner have not enjoyed her character at all this season. She has acted just plain stupid all season.

As for the season as a whole, I have enjoyed it. It started off like a 100mph, so much action and loads going on. I have enjoyed the slower pace of the last 3/4 episodes as it builds up to what should be a great season finale.

In a way, it will be a shame to lose The Governor as he is such a great bad guy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moboloco wrote: »
    I'm guessing that too, I hope he joins Ricks group eventually.

I do think there is a fair chance he will be the instrument of the Governor's demise, but I don't think he'll make it out of Woodbury alive.:(
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    I'm half expecting the Guv to kill himself.

Is it certain he'll die though? Perhaps he could crawl away, lick his wounds and return in another season.