✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Maybe he could take the SCD job? :D

F**** off :D
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totem_Bern wrote: »
    ?? The story is not about Lucy but the people left behind its about her family and the community... Her death is the inciting incident that will ignite the drama and that's what people will be watching...

Remember twin peaks? Laura palmer barely even featured in it! It was all about what happened after her death

With them focusing on the aftermath and not the actual murder it would have been good to see them hold back the spoilers (like Hollyoaks have done) and have it be a real shock to viewers. I still can't see a long lasting boost though, and whatever it does get will be gone once BGT week, the World Cup and the summer take their effect.
  • scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    Claudia is marmite and too much of a risk. Her mumbling act will get tedious after a few shows. I wouldn't mind Knowles.

I think that any of the potential presenters could equally be considered as "marmite", e.g. Norton, Barrowman, Knowles.

Claudia has done the show in the past, (albeit in the "Tess role"), and viewing figures were not adversely affected.

In fact, if I recall correctly, the two weeks she did when Bruce was absent last series showed an increase on the previous weeks' ratings.

Plus the Sunday night results' show, which she co-hosted with Tess, also drew terrific ratings for the BBC throughout its run.

There is also her long successful stint on It Takes Two to consider.

As I see it, Claudia represents the lowest risk option for the BBC with what is currently their flagship show.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The One Show: 3.57m (19.2%)
    EastEnders: 6.47m (33.1%)
    Masterchef: 4.62m (21.9%)
    Parking Mad: 4.29m (20.6%)
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »

3.16m for the Sextuplets doc on ITV via Uktvratings.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »

That's better for EE there after last Thurs unusually low rating.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC1 viewers love documentaries about parking. The BBC need to recomission that for a longer 10 part series. What's the point of making dramas when you can just film people complaining about the cost of car parking. :p
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    BBC1 viewers love documentaries about parking. The BBC need to recomission that for a longer 10 part series. What's the point of making dramas when you can just film people complaining about the cost of car parking. :p

Don't you mean 26-part series Andy? :D
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »

You could expand its subject matter from complaining about the cost of car parking, to complaining about the cost of train fares, the cost holidays during the school holidays, the cost of energy, and then whatever else needs to be complained about.

The BBC appear to be pandering to the Daily Mail reader with these type of programmes. But I guess it does provide value for money which allows the BBC to spend some of the money saved on new drama.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayLee1 wrote: »
    Are you referring to Dermot O'Leary?! I always got the impression he was considered "cool" by the kids.

I'm sure Nick Knowles would be a perfectly competent presenter but, for me personally, he lacks the spark / charisma that I think Strictly needs. I realise I may be in the minority in this view.
    scotch wrote: »
    I hope they stick with Claudia for Strictly.

Do not want Nick Knowles.

Jay Lee, nope you are not in the minority!
    Scotch, I do not want Nick Knowles either. He is as charismatic as cardboard and maybe a good host on Quiz shows (debateable), he is not right for Strictly.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    EastEnders was Thursday evening's top-rated soap (April 17) with Lucy Beale's penultimate episode, overnight figures show.

In the build-up to Lucy's tragic exit storyline, the Walford drama pulled in 6.47m (33.1%) at 7.30pm on BBC One as Ian was stunned to find cocaine in his daughter's jewellery box. BBC Three's repeat screening later had its highest figure since March 4 with 523k (3.5%) watching at 10.30pm.

Emmerdale attracted 6.1m (32.8%) at 7pm on ITV and 186k (0.9%) on +1 as Declan clumsily proposed to Charity. 5.55m (26.1%) returned at 8pm and 187k (0.9%) on +1 as the couple's engagement and baby news was revealed at The Woolpack.

Hollyoaks rose to 1.06m (6.1%) at 6.30pm on Channel 4 as Sandy was left in danger, while E4's first look continued to perform strongly with 883k (4.7%) at 7pm and 144k (0.7%) on +1.

Over on Channel 5, Neighbours had its highest teatime figure of the month so far with 889k (6.4%) at 5.30pm, while the lunchtime screening had 544k (8.4%) at 1.45pm. Home and Away grabbed 210k (3.0%) at 1.15pm, 561k (3.6%) at 6pm and 365k (2.1%) with 5*'s first look at 6.30pm.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    EastEnders was Thursday evening's top-rated soap (April 17) with Lucy Beale's penultimate episode, overnight figures show.

In the build-up to Lucy's tragic exit storyline, the Walford drama pulled in 6.47m (33.1%) at 7.30pm on BBC One as Ian was stunned to find cocaine in his daughter's jewellery box. BBC Three's repeat screening later had its highest figure since March 4 with 523k (3.5%) watching at 10.30pm.

Emmerdale attracted 6.1m (32.8%) at 7pm on ITV and 186k (0.9%) on +1 as Declan clumsily proposed to Charity. 5.55m (26.1%) returned at 8pm and 187k (0.9%) on +1 as the couple's engagement and baby news was revealed at The Woolpack.

Hollyoaks rose to 1.06m (6.1%) at 6.30pm on Channel 4 as Sandy was left in danger, while E4's first look continued to perform strongly with 883k (4.7%) at 7pm and 144k (0.7%) on +1.

Over on Channel 5, Neighbours had its highest teatime figure of the month so far with 889k (6.4%) at 5.30pm, while the lunchtime screening had 544k (8.4%) at 1.45pm. Home and Away grabbed 210k (3.0%) at 1.15pm, 561k (3.6%) at 6pm and 365k (2.1%) with 5*'s first look at 6.30pm.
    There isn't much between Emmerdale and Eastenders even though Eastenders has a well publicised storyline
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There isn't much between Emmerdale and Eastenders even though Eastenders has a well publicised storyline

Really? That second figure for ED is terrible even the share is bad.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Totem_Bern wrote: »
    ?? The story is not about Lucy but the people left behind its about her family and the community... Her death is the inciting incident that will ignite the drama and that's what people will be watching...

Remember twin peaks? Laura palmer barely even featured in it! It was all about what happened after her death
    Or Eastenders and Reg Cox. Oh wait. :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member

Tonights will probably be the figure to watch out for. I haven't watched in years but I will tonight, there might be plenty of others doing the same. Then again, there might not be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am watching tonight too but haven't watched all week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? That second figure for ED is terrible even the share is bad.
    Talking about the first one.
  • burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »

Massive repeat figure EE on BBC 3. It's shame it doesn't somehow get included like +1 does, because it wouldn't look anywhere near as weak. Cumulative figures of 7m which isn't bad. Hopefully tonight's episode will be around 7m and a similar figure on BBC 3. BBC 1 share still holding strong at 33% though.

Emmerdale's first showing not bad, but second episode is terrible. That share is ridiculously low!
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    JFoster1 wrote: »
    Tonights will probably be the figure to watch out for. I haven't watched in years but I will tonight, there might be plenty of others doing the same. Then again, there might not be.
    I suspect you'll be in the minority. No idea why the death of Lucy Beale would get viewers who haven't watched for years tuning in. Could be wrong though.

One thing never changes on EE, depressing storylines for the holidays. :p
    Forum Member
    burbe wrote: »
    Massive repeat figure EE on BBC 3.
    Well, it is the holidays. BBC3 audience will be up later with no work/school/college today.

BBC One value is mediocre at best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Well, it is the holidays. BBC3 audience will be up later with no work/school/college today.

BBC One value is mediocre at best.

That dosent take away from the figure if people didn't want to watch it they wouldn't even if they do get to stay up longer. Plus you hit the nail on the head for why the BBC one audience is lower.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    I think that my 6.8 prediction may seem rather high now considering the figures for "EastEnders" in the past week. I agree that Mondays episode is likely to see the benefits of the aftermath.

I would have thought old viewers tuning in would be on board by this point in the week if they are coming in to the story.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I don't think tonight's EastEnders will be up, the BBC Three showing might be high though, Monday's rating is the important one especially if they're doing a big promotional push over the weekend.

Decent for yesterday's episode, the share staying above 33% is a positive sign, hopefully it can do the same tonight. There are signs there's interest in the storyline, no drops week on week despite the other soaps having them and the BBC Three repeat is up.
    Forum Member
    That dosent take away from the figure if people didn't want to watch it they wouldn't even if they do get to stay up longer. Plus you hit the nail on the head for why the BBC one audience is lower.
    Not convinced. It's still only 7M all together. Am I supposed to be impressed by that number? Because I can assure you I'm not.

Only a couple of years ago it was getting 8M at this time of year.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    I suspect you'll be in the minority. No idea why the death of Lucy Beale would get viewers who haven't watched for years tuning in. Could be wrong though.

One thing never changes on EE, depressing storylines for the holidays. :p
    Actually tonight they are also away from Walford with a trip to Oxford. Next week there is light hearted and Happy storylines running alongside the murder plot (Minus Thurs which is half hour set in the beales house)
This discussion has been closed.