Gypsies On Benefits & Proud: Channel 5. 9pm

167891012»

Comments

• TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    conceptas wrote: »
    I'm surprised there isn't a follow up debate show on this with Katie Hopkins, Edwina Currie etc., doesn't appear to be anything in the pipeline

Thank goodness for that, the less air time those two trolls get the better
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On a serious note I don't deny anyone healthcare, I'd hate to live in a country that denied anyone care based on how much they'd payed in :(

Try Spain !! Here, quite rightly, they put their own people first.

Many ' foreigners' live here - but - only UK pensioners, in receipt of a state pension, receive free health-care.

The same applies to benefits....if you haven't paid in, via the Spanish social security, you don't get out !!

Despite, the so called EU freedom of movement, a potential spanish resident is required to show proof of sufficient income to support themselves......

The man who said that he would be burgling houses in his 'host' country, prior to receiving 'his' benefits......words fail me :(
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the feeling that much of the program was scripted or edited to elicit the maximum amount of outrage. Nothing new really. Does benefit fraud exist? Of course it does, but it's a pittance when compared to other fraud and tax avoidance. But it's hard to target those "thieves", much easier to have a go at the bottom end of the social food chain.
  • shepster34shepster34 Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Rotherham and the place in question (Eastwood) has been totally over-run by Romanians and other Eastern Europeans. The whole centre of Rotherham is now a no go zone. There is no integration, the English residents have systematically moved away from anywhere near the town centre. Eastwood was predominantly Asian with row upon row of 3 bedroom terrace houses mostly in disrepute. They rent these houses for £440 p/m paid by the council (by me in other words) to these Eastern Europeans. The local comprehensive is now the worst in Rotherham where English is the 2nd language and there are well over 25 different nationalites that go to the school. My daughter went to that school and half way through most lessons, the English children where told to do their homework while the teacher tried to go through the lesson again with the non speaking foreigners. My daughter never had one piece of homework in her final year as it was completed in class. The police are at the school everyday due to gang related violence between English/Asian/eastern europeans.

We dare not say anything otherwise we are classed as racist!!! The PC brigade do not have to live amongst these scroungers who want nothing to do with anyone else but their community. Crime has also gone up and we dare not leave anything metal in our gardens as its taken without any consent.

It angers me what has happened to my town. Nobody asked the residents if we wanted thousands of foreign people moving here and creating no go areas in our own town. I will be moving my family away once we can afford to go. Multi culturism does not work and people just need to see Rotherham to see that it doesnt work.

Next post will be one of the pc brigade telling me im racist!!! >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shepster34 wrote: »
    I live in Rotherham and the place in question (Eastwood) has been totally over-run by Romanians and other Eastern Europeans. The whole centre of Rotherham is now a no go zone. There is no integration, the English residents have systematically moved away from anywhere near the town centre. Eastwood was predominantly Asian with row upon row of 3 bedroom terrace houses mostly in disrepute. They rent these houses for £440 p/m paid by the council (by me in other words) to these Eastern Europeans. The local comprehensive is now the worst in Rotherham where English is the 2nd language and there are well over 25 different nationalites that go to the school. My daughter went to that school and half way through most lessons, the English children where told to do their homework while the teacher tried to go through the lesson again with the non speaking foreigners. My daughter never had one piece of homework in her final year as it was completed in class. The police are at the school everyday due to gang related violence between English/Asian/eastern europeans.

We dare not say anything otherwise we are classed as racist!!! The PC brigade do not have to live amongst these scroungers who want nothing to do with anyone else but their community. Crime has also gone up and we dare not leave anything metal in our gardens as its taken without any consent.

It angers me what has happened to my town. Nobody asked the residents if we wanted thousands of foreign people moving here and creating no go areas in our own town. I will be moving my family away once we can afford to go. Multi culturism does not work and people just need to see Rotherham to see that it doesnt work.

How horrible for you. Yes, some will, no doubt call you racist. Well let them call me racist too then because I believe every word you say and it sounds like a nightmare. Multiculturism does NOT work and it's a total disgrace that parts of Britain are now unrecognisable due to the influx of foreigners who refuse to intregrate, or even learn to speak English. Their interpreters must be kept busy at the benefits offices getting them money for life. How can they work when they won't learn to communicate???
  • shepster34shepster34 Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant even tell you half the things that happen in Rotherham. You may recall recently that a group of local Asians were sentenced for grooming young white girls as young as 12 for s*x with them and other asians. I have a younger daughter and we dont let her go anywhere unacompanied. I take her and pick her up because its not safe. She and her friends have been spat on and called white b*tches before. Her friend was once punched in the face for looking at a Slovakian "funny" and was bullied at school for weeks afterwards until finally the police were called. Its really upsetting that our once lovely Yorkshire town is now a run down place full of non working foreigners using the place to doss to get benefits. Its not just Eastern Europeans either, the whole world are abusing our welfare system meant for UK citizens. There is no pride on these streets anymore as they are not paying any of their own money for the rent. TV's and Settee's are dumped on the road, cars parked anywhere, its a total disgrace. I really wish one of these do-gooders who frequent these forums would spend six months in Rotherham and send their kids to these schools. They would soon be singing a different tune when their kids are spat at and they are they dare not walk the street at night.
  • MeercamMeercam Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant even tell you half the things that happen in Rotherham. You may recall recently that a group of local Asians were sentenced for grooming young white girls as young as 12 for s*x with them and other asians. I have a younger daughter and we dont let her go anywhere unacompanied. I take her and pick her up because its not safe. She and her friends have been spat on and called white b*tches before. Her friend was once punched in the face for looking at a Slovakian "funny" and was bullied at school for weeks afterwards until finally the police were called. Its really upsetting that our once lovely Yorkshire town is now a run down place full of non working foreigners using the place to doss to get benefits. Its not just Eastern Europeans either, the whole world are abusing our welfare system meant for UK citizens. There is no pride on these streets anymore as they are not paying any of their own money for the rent. TV's and Settee's are dumped on the road, cars parked anywhere, its a total disgrace. I really wish one of these do-gooders who frequent these forums would spend six months in Rotherham and send their kids to these schools. They would soon be singing a different tune when their kids are spat at and they are they dare not walk the street at night.

They won't though because many of them live in their own hermetic little welfare bubble, spouting statistics they've "researched" (in other words, googled) on the internet. Rarely do they detach themselves from the their keyboards and experience what the ordinary man or woman in the street encounters every day.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Just wait. We haven't had the stats on the amount of eastern europeans coming here since January yet. The government have done their best to make it look like nothing much has happened so far but you can be sure it has. The stats will probably remain hidden as long as possible to keep things calm.
  • MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Just wait. We haven't had the stats on the amount of eastern europeans coming here since January yet. The government have done their best to make it look like nothing much has happened so far but you can be sure it has. The stats will probably remain hidden as long as possible to keep things calm.

Or rather, until after the European elections have taken place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was in Rotherham today for about 90 minutes and I saw about 100 gypsies so I know what you're saying is true.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could not live in a place like that . The town in Essex where I lived was becoming the same . Rubbish and old furniture being dumped every where, children out of control , noisy neighbours with no respect for the area or any people that live there. I was fortunate enough to be able to move away , and last year I did . I am now in a small town on Kent coast . Its like being in England , how it was before millions of immigrants arrived . I have nothing against immigrants coming here to work and make a nice life here , but I am against immigrants coming here to live off the benefits and not respecting laws and neighbours . I am amazed that people like you have tolerated this destruction of where you live . Tolerance is not always a good thing , it actually leads to hate .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest even the usual proponents of immigration couldn't really come up with a convincing argument as to how 200,000 Roma gypsies have benefitted the country.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meercam wrote: »
    They won't though because many of them live in their own hermetic little welfare bubble, spouting statistics they've "researched" (in other words, googled) on the internet. Rarely do they detach themselves from the their keyboards and experience what the ordinary man or woman in the street encounters every day.

Excellent post - says it all, really !!

I note that none of the usual, ' Welfare apologists' have challenged this viewpoint......
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent post - says it all, really !!

I note that none of the usual, ' Welfare apologists' have challenged this viewpoint......

Yes, I noticed that . There are two or three people on this forum that jump on anyone that dare say there are too many immigrants or , many of them are ruining this country . They will defend any one , asylum seekers , illegal immigrants , all of them , for some strange reason they believe we should accommodate every penniless person in the world and spend all our tax money on them , whilst getting nothing in return .
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Have just watched this programme with utter disgust. Not exactly a revelation though - this international abuse of our welfare system has been going on for years now. Our politicians have been hoodwinking people on this issue for years, but those days are well and truly over.

Unfortunately for them, people are now suffering the negative effects of this open door policy on immigration for themselves in their own neighbourhoods and can't be fooled anymore.

No wonder UKIP are continuing to do so well. People in this country have just about had enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    I'm sure you're right. I wish I hadn't watched this programme at all (I turned off part way through) as I felt that I was being manipulated - even the title gives it away. Nevertheless I have to admit that I hate - and I don't use that work often - hate the fact that any European can come into the UK and claim child benefit when their children aren't with them. We have children here who could do with more support if there's money going spare. I generally have a 'the world is for everybody' attitude but surely there's got to be a line somewhere when it comes to handouts no? That's not about fraud; it's about inadequacies in the existing system.

Did they not try and balance it out with the legless skateboarder guy though?

And they also went to a gypsy village in Romania to show the terrible conditions there and why the gypsies wanted to leave for the UK.

It was not as one-sided as you make out.