Alexandra Burke - Where Do Hearts Go

JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
Forum Member
A song from her third album. Available to download now!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/where-do-hearts-go-single/id859440041

Comments

• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Omg this slays -- excited for more stuff

Queen :alexz:
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a "buzz" single to get the fans ready for the new album. What I love is she is getting back to the sound which made people fall in love with her on X Factor. Those who bought Hallelujah, her soul/gospel performances on X Factor etc, will all appreciate this. It is also different what is currently out there, and should therefore make Alex stand out. I like it alot!! Again it cements Alex as one of the best british vocalists the country has to offer. It has that Toni Braxton feel to it.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Gonna download this soon. I just listened to the preview. It's really good! Shows off her voice nicely.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds so dated.

I hope her new album isn't anything like this. Her voice does sound good, though.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's awful.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    It is badly produced
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uhh...her voice is amazing as usual but the production sounds cheap and dated. It reminds me of an Eternal b-side from 1997.
    Alexandra has a world class voice but the material isn't doing her justice.
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the definition of boring dirge.

And what's the deal with the production. Sound like it was recorded from an internal microphone laptop or something that cost £5 from Argos.
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    Boring - doesn't really go anywhere, has no sparkle, nothing catchy to remember it by.

I guess it's also part of the idea of having something that people can buy when she takes over in the Bodyguard in a few weeks.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    America should like this kind of sound; although she's not established there, it does sound like a Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston kind of song. She should try and get it on a TV show.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    uhh...her voice is amazing as usual but the production sounds cheap and dated. It reminds me of an Eternal b-side from 1997.
    The first thing I thought when listening was that it sounds like an Eternal song! Easther and Alex have a lot of vocal similarities, which is an amazing thing! ;-)

But I agree with most, her best recorded vocal to date but the production is horrible.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great voice, terribly dated track. Would've made the top 5 in the early 90s, but will unlikely trouble the top 100 these days.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really dated and really bland, in my opinion. It shows off her voice very well but it's just not up to much as a song itself. It's a bit odd her using this as a buzz single, she's been away for a long time and any songs she puts out there (buzz singles or otherwise) needs to be catchy and appeal to the masses if she wants to regain any success!
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    America should like this kind of sound; although she's not established there, it does sound like a Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston kind of song. She should try and get it on a TV show.

That's kind of what it's for. She's performing it live at the Great North Passion on Friday, for the Good Friday celebrations. I think it's televised too.
  • Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I think it's awful.

You are not alone.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexandra needs to do upbeat pop like "Start Without You" not dull ballads or overly clubby songs for me to have any interest in her
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I think i need a coffee or something stronger. I read that as My Heart Will Go On!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    She really annoys me the way she laughs all the time in interviews. Can't say I like any of her songs. Bad boy and broken heels are cheap knock offs of American R&B. Her version of the Leonard Cohen song was ok though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My all wrote: »
    She really annoys me the way she laughs all the time in interviews. Can't say I like any of her songs. Bad boy and broken heels are cheap knock offs of American R&B. Her version of the Leonard Cohen song was ok though.
    Why does someone having fun and laughing annoy you? I honestly think people have to act dull and lacking of a personality in this country for anyone to like them, otherwise they're labelled cocky or too full of themselves.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    Why does someone having fun and laughing annoy you? I honestly think people have to act dull and lacking of a personality in this country for anyone to like them, otherwise they're labelled cocky or too full of themselves.

I don't think it's that she's over confident or anything like that.

I can watch Leona Lewis, Lana Del Rey, Rita Ora, Katy Perry, Rihanna and Lady Gaga all fine interviews, but when Alexandra is on, she irritates me. She didn't on X Factor. She does now. I don't know why - maybe the poster you quoted does have a problem with her being cocky, but that's not what I think.

Her music is good though, and that's all I care about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's that she's over confident or anything like that.

I can watch Leona Lewis, Lana Del Rey, Rita Ora, Katy Perry, Rihanna and Lady Gaga all fine interviews, but when Alexandra is on, she irritates me. She didn't on X Factor. She does now. I don't know why - maybe the poster you quoted does have a problem with her being cocky, but that's not what I think.

Her music is good though, and that's all I care about.
    I just don't get it tbh, I always find her to be sweet, funny and a tad hyper during interviews. I really just don't understand the mass hatred she gets for her personality.
  • Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds so dated.

I hope her new album isn't anything like this. Her voice does sound good, though.

Have to agree with you. I don't like it. I also feel the title is a rip-off of Whitney Houston's hit Where Do Broken Hearts Go. Even if it wasn't done intentionally it's a negative distraction to me.

But I do really like Alex and her music is usually much better than this, so I hope the album will be stronger than this song overall.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »

I assume they are referring to the fact that it's a false laugh.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so pisspoor.