Options

One Direction fans under 12 may not get into stadium shows

Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a565057/one-direction-fans-under-12-may-not-get-into-stadium-shows.html#~oBDWQXURvJeF6x

Isn't the bulk of One Direction's fanbase made up of the under 12's? I can understand the stadium's reasons for this rule but even if the under 12's are allowed seated tickets, won't banning them from a large portion of the stadium really hurt the group's ticket sales?

Comments

• Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a565057/one-direction-fans-under-12-may-not-get-into-stadium-shows.html#~oBDWQXURvJeF6x

Isn't the bulk of One Direction's fanbase made up of the under 12's? I can understand the stadium's reasons for this rule but even if the under 12's are allowed seated tickets, won't banning them from a large portion of the stadium really hurt the group's ticket sales?

However thir rules are consistent with most venues.

The O2 Academy in Birmingham, for ecxample, only allows under 12s on the balcony, not the standing area, although under-14s need to be accompanied by an adult rather than under-16s wich The stadium of Light requires.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Everyone thinks this but it isn't true. Look at the graphs for their you tube views and largest proportion are 20-30. I am a member of various music forums and they have loads of fans in the 20-30 age bracket
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really understand why this has become a story in the last few days. These tickets have been on sale since last Summer with these age guidelines being in place since then. If any fans are to be caught out by these age restrictions then it is their own fault for not reading the T&Cs when buying their tickets.
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Everyone thinks this but it isn't true. Look at the graphs for their you tube views and largest proportion are 20-30. I am a member of various music forums and they have loads of fans in the 20-30 age bracket

I know there are older fans too but I just assumed they are a tiny minority. To learn otherwise is very, very surprising.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    I don't really understand why this has become a story in the last few days. These tickets have been on sale since last Summer with these age guidelines being in place since then. If any fans are to be caught out by these age restrictions then it is their own fault for not reading the T&Cs when buying their tickets.

Me neither. Unless the age restrictions had changed since the tickets first went on sale - in which case fans should be entitled to a refund. But yeah, it's tough luck if you don't read the T&Cs - age restrictions are always clearly labelled.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member

Exactly. People would have known this when they bought the tickets.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt any of this kids have access to credit cards so the parents must be dumb
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »

I agree with you. The average age of a One Direction fan is probably older than most people would assume.

However, it is worth noting that Youtube's age statistics can be mis-leading, since a lot of children and teenagers put their age at over 18 so they can watch explicit videos.
  • Options
    KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know there are older fans too but I just assumed they are a tiny minority. To learn otherwise is very, very surprising.

They play all the time at university club nights.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Kingsy wrote: »
    They play all the time at university club nights.

Who do?
  • Options
    KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do?

One Direction songs obviously...
  • Options
    uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Possibly because tickets were posted out this week and had an FAQs leaflet with them.