Unpopular Opinions:

Comments

• Options
    GraathusGraathus Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NatalieP wrote: »
    Ok here goes.....

Paedophiles are dangerous, evil people that cannot be rehabilitated. They should ideally be hung if they have abused a child, or put in prison till they do die - and without all the luxuries they seem to be given, that I cannot afford even though I am a hard working decent person that would never hurt a child.

All the bleeding heart liberals (especially the ones who have any sway or power) that think a paedophile should have all these rights should be offered the chance to send their child/grandchild etc off to live with a paedophile, rehabilitated or not for a week. If they refuse this then they should shut up and stop inflicting their dangerous opinions on people.

This may not seem like an unpopular opinion but you would be surprised!!

I now expect many comments about my 'mob mentality', 'knee jerk reaction' etc etc

That's standard doctrine around here, not an unpopular opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graathus wrote: »
    That's standard doctrine around here, not an unpopular opinion.

Really? I've had some shocking responses to this opinion, completely and utterly defending child abusers, and then my view gets belittled as I've said above!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok here goes.....

Paedophiles are dangerous, evil people that cannot be rehabilitated. They should ideally be hung if they have abused a child, or put in prison till they do die - and without all the luxuries they seem to be given, that I cannot afford even though I am a hard working decent person that would never hurt a child.

All the bleeding heart liberals (especially the ones who have any sway or power) that think a paedophile should have all these rights should be offered the chance to send their child/grandchild etc off to live with a paedophile, rehabilitated or not for a week. If they refuse this then they should shut up and stop inflicting their dangerous opinions on people.

This may not seem like an unpopular opinion but you would be surprised!!

I now expect many comments about my 'mob mentality', 'knee jerk reaction' etc etc

A 9 mm in the back of the head would cure their perverted inclinations.
  • Options
    GraathusGraathus Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I've had some shocking responses to this opinion, completely and utterly defending child abusers, and then my view gets belittled as I've said above!

Without sidetracking the thread I would love to see these reponses "completely and utterly" defending child abusers. It normally means a poster not wishing to see then tortured/murdered.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 9 mm in the back of the head would cure their perverted inclinations.

Alternatively, having their nadgers chopped off without anaesthetic would be almost as effective.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graathus wrote: »
    Without sidetracking the thread I would love to see these reponses "completely and utterly" defending child abusers. It normally means a poster not wishing to see then tortured/murdered.

No, I don't mean that - I know my views are pretty extreme.

But literally defending them - saying things like 'they can't help it' WTF?! They may not be able to help being sexually attracted to children but they can certainly help acting on it! And then followed by, they need help, they can be cured, they deserve the chance to change.....i've read many reports and this and the actual genuine rehabilitation success rate is very low.

And many more similar views, it just makes me really angry.
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright...a chance to get some of these off my chest...

4 child families......There's a growing overpopulation problem, nobody needs 4 children these days. 2 is a perfectly fine amount. I have utter contempt for these women that argue back by saying 'it's my right to have children'...no you cretins it's natures gift to you. Not a right.....

Students should pay for university.......If you're gonna enjoy the larger wages then you can pay your way. Either before or after you've finished your course.....

Football is tedious.......3 mins listening in to the obsessed football fans in my office is enough to drive the most patient person crazy. There's no reasoning between...if X person's team win it's because they're lucky, where as when person's Z team wins it's because they're awesome....

You are not unpatriotic if you don't follow the England football team..........I couldn't give a flying F**K how well England do. Quicker they get inevitably knocked out of any competition, the quicker the press give over the total overkill of speculation and column inches......

ADD is a made up condition to make useless parents feel better about themselves

Smacking works.................Giving me a clip round the ear stopped me misbehaving as a kid. If my parents told me to sit on a naughty step i'd think all my christmas's had come at once, i'd of played up even more knowing that a little rest would be my punishment

We're an ugly nation.....walk onto any high street and look at hoardes of Asda (ie cheap) designed clothes and ill fitting outfits. I often feel embarrassed for people when wondering down my high street. How the F*** can people look so goddam ugly and badly dressed?Where's the pride? It doesn't take much to look smart. I often feel the way people dress is a reflection of themselves

Wearing a hoodie does not make you hard.............it makes me look at you and think t***er

Owning a 2nd home is greedy...........There's a housing shortage, you're not helping

Baby Boomers have screwed over my generation.......house prices, pensions...you've really got it good in c omparison. I've worked for 9 years full time and in that time more then twice paid off the cost of my education and use of services as a child, I pay into a private pension and contribute massively more into the state then I take out...before you counter and say it is fair on me. Yet i'm trapped into a catch 22 situation where I can afford a mortgage but not the minimum £40k deposit to live in a tiny crumy house due to you boomers pushing the top end of the market up...even more galling when my unemployed slapper mate gets herself pregnant and is given a nice new 3 bed house on the social. No wonder it's so tempting to jack in the 9-5 and get preggars when it's handed on a plate.

Morecombe and Wise are boring............If they came out today with that sort of slapstick comedy everybody would slate them for being uninventive, predictable and old fashioned (exactly the same criticisms handed out to 'Miranda')

IVF should not be free.....As sated earlier it is not yr 'right' to have a child. It's a gift. There's plenty of orphaned, fostered children desperate for a good home. If you were really bothered about caring for another life there's the first place to start

Drinking isn't the end all and be all........So flaming what If I don't want to get drunk when out. I like being able to actually walk home without help. There's nothing 'cool' about throwing up on yr mate and being a paraletic state.

Phew....I better stop now before I really start to get things out!
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwahaha you do make me laff :D:D epic rant skillz
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

4 child families......There's a growing overpopulation problem, nobody needs 4 children these days. 2 is a perfectly fine amount. I have utter contempt for these women that argue back by saying 'it's my right to have children'...no you cretins it's natures gift to you. Not a right.....

Students should pay for university.......If you're gonna enjoy the larger wages then you can pay your way. Either before or after you've finished your course.....

Football is tedious.......3 mins listening in to the obsessed football fans in my office is enough to drive the most patient person crazy. There's no reasoning between...if X person's team win it's because they're lucky, where as when person's Z team wins it's because they're awesome....

You are not unpatriotic if you don't follow the England football team..........I couldn't give a flying F**K how well England do. Quicker they get inevitably knocked out of any competition, the quicker the press give over the total overkill of speculation and column inches......

Smacking works.................Giving me a clip round the ear stopped me misbehaving as a kid. If my parents told me to sit on a naughty step i'd think all my christmas's had come at once, i'd of played up even more knowing that a little rest would be my punishment

We're an ugly nation.....walk onto any high street and look at hoardes of Asda (ie cheap) designed clothes and ill fitting outfits. I often feel embarrassed for people when wondering down my high street. How the F*** can people look so goddam ugly and badly dressed?Where's the pride? It doesn't take much to look smart. I often feel the way people dress is a reflection of themselves

Wearing a hoodie does not make you hard.............it makes me look at you and think t***er

Owning a 2nd home is greedy...........There's a housing shortage, you're not helping

Baby Boomers have screwed over my generation.......house prices, pensions...you've really got it good in c omparison. I've worked for 9 years full time and in that time more then twice paid off the cost of my education and use of services as a child. Yet i'm trapped into a catch 22 situation where I can afford a mortgage but not the minimum £40k deposit to live in a tiny crumy house due to you boomers pushing the top end of the market up...even more galling when my unemployed slapper mate gets herself pregnant and is given a nice new 3 bed house on the social

Morecombe and Wise are boring............If they came out today with that sort of slapstick comedy everybody would slate them for being uninventive, predictable and old fashioned (exactly the same criticisms handed out to 'Miranda')

IVF should not be free.....As sated earlier it is not yr 'right' to have a child. It's a gift. There's plenty of orphaned, fostered children desperate for a good home. If you were really bothered about caring for another life there's the first place to start

Drinking isn't the end all and be all........So flaming what If I don't want to get drunk when out. I like being able to actually walk home without help. There's nothing 'cool' about throwing up on yr mate and being a paraletic state.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand.......... breathe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I tend to agree with these points.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »

oh don't get me started....that's a pre rant...rant!
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your rant skill has increased to 78 points, you should rest and meditate upon what you have learned :D

I hate fish and chips.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh don't get me started....that's a pre rant...rant!

One of those days eh? :)

*quietly hides hoodies* :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of those days eh? :)

*quietly hides hoodies* :p

Oh i'm not even remotely tickled by anger...they're just a few 'sigh' thoughts......

You can wear a hoodie so long as you don't walk around in a pubescent group of teenage lads, or as a twentysomething ride around town on childs bmx with yr tracksuit bottoms tucked into socks.

Avoid those two scenarios and you're only semi scum...

Shame yr not coming this Friday night btw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would if I wasn't totally skinted and useless. :( I'l be along sometime soon though :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alternatively, having their nadgers chopped off without anaesthetic would be almost as effective.

Almost & I agree very effective, but I'd rather get rid of the problem completely.
  • Options
    Barneygumble84Barneygumble84 Posts: 407
    Forum Member

Baby Boomers have screwed over my generation.......house prices, pensions...you've really got it good in c omparison. I've worked for 9 years full time and in that time more then twice paid off the cost of my education and use of services as a child, I pay into a private pension and contribute massively more into the state then I take out...before you counter and say it is fair on me. Yet i'm trapped into a catch 22 situation where I can afford a mortgage but not the minimum £40k deposit to live in a tiny crumy house due to you boomers pushing the top end of the market up...even more galling when my unemployed slapper mate gets herself pregnant and is given a nice new 3 bed house on the social. No wonder it's so tempting to jack in the 9-5 and get preggars when it's handed on a plate.

4 Child families: We do not have a one child policy and live, in relative terms, in one of the most "free" parts of the world. People can have as many children as they want. As long as they pay for their upkeep and do everything in their power to stop them being miscreants.

Students: agreed. Although one will not be likely to earn that much more these days, with degrees having been so devalued.

Football/England team: Subjective, but millions of people like it, it sells papers, Sky sports etc. England's team are usesless though, as repeatedly proven.

2nd home: If someone has money in their savings, again, it's up to them what they do with it. Them being "greedy" is your opinion. It would earn naff all sat in the bank. Why shouldn't one buy another property? See first point about "free".

Agree about unpatriotic, hoodies, drinking (although I love getting drunk!), smacking, ADD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 Child families: We do not have a one child policy and live, in relative terms, in one of the most "free" parts of the world. People can have as many children as they want. As long as they pay for their upkeep and do everything in their power to stop them being miscreants.

Students: agreed. Although one will not be likely to earn that much more these days, with degrees having been so devalued.

Football/England team: Subjective, but millions of people like it, it sells papers, Sky sports etc. England's team are usesless though, as repeatedly proven.

2nd home: If someone has money in their savings, again, it's up to them what they do with it. Them being "greedy" is your opinion. It would earn naff all sat in the bank. Why shouldn't one buy another property? See first point about "free".

Agree about unpatriotic, hoodies, drinking (although I love getting drunk!), smacking, ADD.

Children....Of course we live in a free society...the point isn't about the ability to have children..it's about limited resources and space....current population growth cannot be maintained without serious consequences

Students....Do a good degree (not media studies etc) and chances are it will pay better...

Football....Millions do love...millions don't...it doesn't make us unpatriotic if we don't support England.

2nd Home.....when hardworking people are unable to get a house due to a shortage then i don't feel it's unfair to suggest those with 2 houses is being greedy. Again this comes round to resources and population. Nothing wrong with saving up lots of money, success should be rewarded and aspired too....again this all relates to population growth and resources.

This isn't the thread really to debate each point. Anymore I suggest another thread is created
  • Options
    Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather eat at McDonald's than have a salad.
  • Options
    BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have to take your helmet off/hood down in public places, burkas should also be took off.

ADHD is basically a naughty child given a fancy name to get the mother more benifits.

I don't really give a damn about foreign charitys when theres still children in care/homelessness etc in this country.

Peadophiles should die, they cannot be rehabilitated, saying they can is like saying gay people can.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We're an ugly nation

Have you never been to Germany?
  • Options
    catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have little sympathy for alcoholics and drug addicts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomGrant wrote: »
    Have you never been to Germany?

Never had the pleasure......do they need my scorn as well?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who can't spell and cannot differentiate between you're and your are stupid.

Prison should be a miserable terrible place where hard labour is enforced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who can't spell and cannot differentiate between you're and your are stupid.

Aggghhhhh! Totally agree with this. Your absolutely right!
This discussion has been closed.