Options

Rocky Horror Show

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 729
Forum Member
✭✭
I was musing away to myself about Rocky Horror and thinking just how all encompassing it was of its time. I know Richard O'Brien comes in for criticism that it was the only thing he's ever really done but I'd happily trade with him. My favourite line, which I think captures corporate thinking in the shape of Brad and Janet, is:

"I really love the skillful way
you beat the other girls to the bride's bouquet."

And then there's the blurring of gender, ages and everything else. Anyone else share my love of this work?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iza1098 wrote: »
    I was musing away to myself about Rocky Horror and thinking just how all encompassing it was of its time. I know Richard O'Brien comes in for criticism that it was the only thing he's ever really done but I'd happily trade with him. My favourite line, which I think captures corporate thinking in the shape of Brad and Janet, is:

And then there's the blurring of gender, ages and everything else. Anyone else share my love of this work?

I absolutely love it, seen it several times on stage and desperate to see it again but the last tour they did, they didn't come anywhere near Kent :mad:

It's just brilliant and so 'out there'!! I love Sweet Transvestite, best entrance in a movie/show EVER!!
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    NatalieP wrote: »
    I absolutely love it, seen it several times on stage and desperate to see it again but the last tour they did, they didn't come anywhere near Kent :mad:

It's just brilliant and so 'out there'!! I love Sweet Transvestite, best entrance in a movie/show EVER!!

Ramsgate had it early this year. A friend of mine hosted it dressed as Magenta.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramsgate had it. A friend of mine hosted it dressed as Magenta.

How did I not know this? I've been checking online regularly!
    Dammit! (Janet)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NatalieP wrote: »
    How did I not know this? I've been checking online regularly!
    Dammit! (Janet)

I would have been in the dark about it too if I had not gone to lunch and my friend discussed it and how great it was.

I told her I was rather annoyed!
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too I love love love it we have the dvd and every now and then put it on and sing and dance away.

Normally I hate the musical formula but this is so innovative, even today it stands up as fresh and different

Unfortunately I have never seen it on stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iza1098 wrote: »

He did "Shock Treatment" but is not very well known or even seen.

I like the "Bitchin' in the Kitchen" song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ZVa_fvs9Y
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "In 7 days, I can make you a touring production that will circulate though the UK provincial theatres endlessly, going round and round and round and never stopping, forever, Rocky Horror Hell, aaaaarrrrrrrrgh ........"

"let's do the wednesday afternoon matinee again"

"sell sell sell me, a tick tick tick-it-it -it it ...........".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bandita wrote: »
    Me too I love love love it we have the dvd and every now and then put it on and sing and dance away.

Normally I hate the musical formula but this is so innovative, even today it stands up as fresh and different.

My reaction exactly, I loathe musicals as a medium but this just captured something else. Work of art, I suppose.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I f*cking love it, obviously. :D:D:D

plus meatloaf got eaten

Gonna go to the next production horribly goth transed up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    "In 7 days, I can make you a touring production that will circulate though the UK provincial theatres endlessly, going round and round and round and never stopping, forever, Rocky Horror Hell, aaaaarrrrrrrrgh ........"

Please post your script/screenplay in the next seven days. Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spiney2 wrote: »

I want to see more filth.
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    'You're wet'.
  • Options
    tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    I f*cking love it, obviously. :D:D:D

plus meatloaf got eaten

Gonna go to the next production horribly goth transed up

Go as Fay Wray, and you can wear pastels.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Its just a jump to the left...
    And a step to right...
    Put your hand on your hips..
    and bend your knees in tight.
    Its the pelvic thrust that rtealy drives you insane
    (C'mon everybody...)
    LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN... LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN...

Can't believe somebody wanted to make a mess of thing by wanting to remake The Rocky Horror Show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    Its just a jump to the left...
    And a step to right...
    Put your hand on your hips..
    and bend your knees in tight.
    Its the pelvic thrust that rtealy drives you insane
    (C'mon everybody...)
    LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN... LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN...

Can't believe somebody wanted to make a mess of thing by wanting to remake The Rocky Horror Show.

Does make you want to dance, doesn't it? I think a couple of posts have gone over my head but there it is - I'm talking about the original too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    yes, I quite like the film but have to agree with Simon Pegg's quote from Spaced -

'I hate it! It's boil-in-the-bag perversion for sexually repressed accountants and first-year drama students with too many posters of Betty Blue, The Blues Brothers, Big Blue and Blue Velvet on their blue bloody walls!'

:D
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Planet, Schmanet, Janet :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    yes, I quite like the film but have to agree with Simon Pegg's quote from Spaced -

'I hate it! It's boil-in-the-bag perversion for sexually repressed accountants and first-year drama students with too many posters of Betty Blue, The Blues Brothers, Big Blue and Blue Velvet on their blue bloody walls!'

:D

Perhaps you had to be there, in some way.