Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was outside with my nexus, that is usually what I use to post on here, although I did have to come indoors for a time as it was just far too hot for me to stay outside all of the time!

It would have been better if there was a bit of gusty breeze to go along with the heat.

You should invest in a PC, I hear it's all the rage these days.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    Well it looks like we've got Hernandez with us till January, he's broke his collarbone, so I can't see us selling him just yet. Mind he could be good cover upon his return I guess.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping we could use him as a bargaining tool, thought he'd suit Everton or Soton. Oh well.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Hernandez as a backup option if he was happy to stay and play that role.

He's limited, but he knows where the net is.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of last summer, when we were trying to sell Fellaini, only for him to pick up an injury, and thus rule him out of any potential moves.

That worked out to be a sort of blessing in disguise, as he went on to have a rather good season for us, perhaps something similar will happen for Hernandez?
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't remember us trying to get rid of Fellaini.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    Well it looks like we've got Hernandez with us till January, he's broke his collarbone, so I can't see us selling him just yet. Mind he could be good cover upon his return I guess.

How did he manage that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »

I think there was the general assumption that with Moyes gone, he wouldn't be a Van Gaal-type player and would be one of the first out of the door. I don't think we ever actively tried to get rid though.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I think there was the general assumption that with Moyes gone, he wouldn't be a Van Gaal-type player and would be one of the first out of the door. I don't think we ever actively tried to get rid though.

I thought we were believing paper gossip for a minute!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we were believing paper gossip for a minute!

Surley some mistake!
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    How did he manage that?

Playing for Mexico in a warm up game for the Gold Cup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was very close to a move to Napoli apparently, then he picked up an injury, which scuppered the move, and he stayed with us.

Well that is what I remember anyway.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was very close to a move to Napoli apparently, then he picked up an injury, which scuppered the move, and he stayed with us.

Well that is what I remember anyway.

Yeah I remember him being linked with a move away during last summer too before he got injured.
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Fenerbahce have said that Nani has his medical in Turkey on Sunday. I am very thankful that he is gone, disappointing given how he looked in his first few years.
  • Options
    Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    Fenerbahce have said that Nani has his medical in Turkey on Sunday. I am very thankful that he is gone, disappointing given how he looked in his first few years.

Always hated him as a player. Never got the appeal, even when he was supposedly 'on fire' a few years back. Wasteful, unintelligent, show-pony. He's probably my least favourite player ever since I've been alive. There have been worse, don't get me wrong, but when you have the raw skills he had but absolutely no cerebral capacity to put even 1% of that at use, then for me he's my least favourite player I've ever seen in a red shirt.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moyes is just as much at fault for actually offering the cretin a new 5 year deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll love it when he blubbers like a child during a Galatasary game when he goes down with a tweaked eyelash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, who is up for letting the staff have an extra long weekend on the premise of not answering any phone calls, or checking any e-mails?

I am! ;-)

http://offsideliam.com/de-gea-will-sign-a-contract-with-united-by-sunday/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently we ate only gonna get 4 and half million for Nani. Why do we always get mugged off when selling our players?
  • Options
    Conor McHaleConor McHale Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently we ate only gonna get 4 and half million for Nani. Why do we always get mugged off when selling our players?
    Because we always have them on stupid wages. I'm not even surprised about the fee we got, it's actually better than I thought it'd be.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would say we are happy to sell deadwood at a reduced price thanks to the many sponsorship deals that we have in place making the difference pretty irrelevant.

I'd be more concerned about getting mugged for key players.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our first game v Spurs, will be on BT.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/616926109041606656
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Always hated him as a player. Never got the appeal, even when he was supposedly 'on fire' a few years back. Wasteful, unintelligent, show-pony. He's probably my least favourite player ever since I've been alive. There have been worse, don't get me wrong, but when you have the raw skills he had but absolutely no cerebral capacity to put even 1% of that at use, then for me he's my least favourite player I've ever seen in a red shirt.

I quite liked him when he was 'on fire'. Really pissed me off the last couple of years and I'm close to throwing a ****ing parade now he is gone

He is one of those players who still baffles me as to how he failed so badly. He'd always seemed a bit dumb but I still don't fully understand how he managed to suddenly click for 18/24 months and then all of a sudden revert back to only firing crosses over everyone's head or a shot into row Z. At least Valencia has had the good sense to realise he is suddenly shit and so he just passes the ball back to someone else or aims at a defender to try and win a corner...

Because no team who could pay decent money is interested in a winger who turns 29 this year and has regressed badly - he looked shite in his last two years for United, was clearly unwanted to the extent that he was used as a makeweight to sign Rojo. He did alright back in Portugal but scored less goals than Bebe did on loan at Pacos yet earns ridiculous money. We are lucky that he is going to be off our wage bill to be honest.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Have we had our champions league draw yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, the last five premier league Champions all started their seasons on MNF, so with us starting on a Saturday, that is us screwed! ;-)
This discussion has been closed.