[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,522
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody know when this is starting?

Comments

• Options
    WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    I know I'm bumping an old thread but I wondered if anyone knew what was happening about this. Last week there was a lot in the press about it starting on BBC2 on 23 March but looking at the Radio Times for next week it isn't mentioned.

SOOO looking forward to this (even if Sugar looks nothing like I imagined her!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to this. Love the book!
    I'm a bit confused about the scheduling as well, it was in for week 12, but now it's completely gone from the press office site. Guess it's been pushed back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Must have been last minute as last week the broadcast date was all over the press :(
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the book so will probably hate the TV adaptation; I usually do! Looking at the scanty details on IMdB, there's some odd casting and unfamiliar characters. I suppose, as usual, we'll be getting the scriptwriter's version instead of the author's. I know, I can always switch off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently it's been pushed back to mid April now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WillowFae wrote: »
    I know I'm bumping an old thread but I wondered if anyone knew what was happening about this. Last week there was a lot in the press about it starting on BBC2 on 23 March but looking at the Radio Times for next week it isn't mentioned.

SOOO looking forward to this (even if Sugar looks nothing like I imagined her!).

Ooo I hadn't seen someone had bumped this.

Looking forward to it. I read the book after I saw the casting so Sugar is as I had imagined her - wonder what she would have looked like if I hadn't read it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll bereally annoyed if it's pushed back to mid April!! Its one of my top 5 books, I think Romola Garai has been cast right-but not Chris O'Dowd as William Rackham. I hope he plays it right!!
    Will try and find out when it is on now. Can't wait x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    angelfizz wrote: »
    I'll bereally annoyed if it's pushed back to mid April!! Its one of my top 5 books, I think Romola Garai has been cast right-but not Chris O'Dowd as William Rackham. I hope he plays it right!!
    Will try and find out when it is on now. Can't wait x

Chris O'Dowd is Rackham! Oh gosh, I can't see that being a great choice of casting. He's really not who I imagined to play William.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know,i thought it was Richard E Grant, but its definitely Chris O'Dowd, there was a pic of him and Sugar in the guardian last week :cry:
    Hope he does him justice! x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine has said that she has now seen it down for 6th April
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WillowFae wrote: »
    A friend of mine has said that she has now seen it down for 6th April

Oh I do hope so!

On a different note, must say, Mark Gatiss really isn't who I imagined playing Henry. Big fan of his though, so I'm sure he'll be fabulous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WillowFae, your friend was right! 6th April. yay
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had the book for ages but never read it yet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    There has been talk of a movie adaptation for ages but it's never come about. I loved the book so it will be interesting to see how it transferes to the small screen.

Chris O'Dowd as Rackham? I read an interview with Richard E Grant in a magazine (forget which one) and at the end it said, 'See Richard E Grant in BBC 2's The Crimson Petal and the White in March' so assumed he would be Rackham. It's a travesty he's not!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard is playing Dr Curlew-I always imagined Dr Curlew as like a John Nettles looking man! I've had a listen to the radio 4 review and sounds good so far. Can't wait till the 6th april :))
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really like Romola Garai so looking forward to this now the trailer has appeared.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah I hope the trailer appears online soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunny82 wrote: »
    Chris O'Dowd as Rackham? I read an interview with Richard E Grant in a magazine (forget which one) and at the end it said, 'See Richard E Grant in BBC 2's The Crimson Petal and the White in March' so assumed he would be Rackham. It's a travesty he's not!
    Henry Rackham possibly but not William, who's blonde and, as the story goes on, rather porky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see Chris O'Dowd in a VERY different role.

I'll be watching.
  • Options
    Cameron KMcEwanCameron KMcEwan Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd bump this up so we don't get too many threads about it.

Looking forward to the first episode tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what's up with the title - the white what? I'm being a bit thick, who's the book by? Suppose I should Google!
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does any one know if is repeated later this week.? It clashes with loads of stuff tonight including the Euro match , Sopranos, Masterchef, I can only record so much...
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hallc wrote: »
    Does any one know if is repeated later this week.? It clashes with loads of stuff tonight including the Euro match , Sopranos, Masterchef, I can only record so much...

i was thinking the same