The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 51)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,793
Administrator
Stube wrote: »
I really don't see why Leona's label aren't even attempting to push her in the US.

I mean, seriously, if the likes of Cher Lloyd can find success over there, so can Leona (again). It's been nearly four years since one of her singles has been sent to radio so they really should do something soon. I really don't see the harm in Leona going into the studio and creating a new song with a current artist (look at the success of '#Beautiful') and releasing something (if it's good enough obviously).

I really can't comprehend the label's method of thinking.

Continuation of: The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 50)

Comments

• gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooh first post yay :)

4th album thread ;)

I think with the US release, RCA weren't that happy with it and chose not to release it. I mean she basically had the back end of last year to promote over here, then she went on Tour in March - so unless they REALLY wanted to risk releasing in Jan/Feb they'd have to leave it.
    I mean Clive was pretty impressed with what he'd heard back in 2011, but then she got in the studio with Fraser - and we heard nothing from him - which makes me think he didn't like the outcome.

I have this awful feeling that we're getting a Xmas album this year. She keeps saying "At Christmas" and she's recording a Christmas song (or more, who knows) next month... I'm really hoping that's not the case. I don't mind a bonus Xmas track or three, but not a full album just yet.
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »

4th album thread ;)

Yeh second post! 4th album and summer concerts thread :)
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    yay 4th album delay thread :) jk
  • LauriLauri Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    There is lots of appreciation to Leona! :D 51st part already! Awesome

I'm really looking forward next album. I wasn't this big fan last summer when we waited GH. Well, Leona was all I listened then, but it was just the studio music. Now I'm Leona freak like you guys. :p watching every single livevideo of Leona on Youtube.. Reading news, this thread etc.
    My life would be empty without Lee <3 the queen indeed ;)
  • butlernybutlerny Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see why they don't let her do a duet with 1D ..a soppy ballad..would be a hit WW :eek::D
    Forum Member
    Lauri wrote: »
    There is lots of appreciation to Leona! :D 51st part already! Awesome

I'm really looking forward next album. I wasn't this big fan last summer when we waited GH. Well, Leona was all I listened then, but it was just the studio music. Now I'm Leona freak like you guys. :p watching every single livevideo of Leona on Youtube.. Reading news, this thread etc.
    My life would be empty without Lee <3 the queen indeed ;)

hahaha so happy to hear that! :D
    Forum Member
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now this would have been exciting if this was about Leona :cool:
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Now this would have been exciting if this was about Leona :cool:

Truly...I'd probably shit my pants.
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This has nothing to do with leona?
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    "Run" instrumental currently being used on BGT! :D
    Forum Member
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with leona?

So kill me :cool: haha I shared it because it would be great if Leona had this kind of collab and we were talking about collaborations.
  • AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    "Run" instrumental currently being used on BGT! :D

excellent! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone have a link to Leona singing Kissing You? I just had an urge to hear it but I don't think it is on YouTube anymore :(
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone have a link to Leona singing Kissing You? I just had an urge to hear it but I don't think it is on YouTube anymore :(

Video has been deleted :cry: Arghh that's why I'm downloading every Leona performance! :') I forgot that one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona should deffo perform at festivals
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So kill me :cool: haha I shared it because it would be great if Leona had this kind of collab and we were talking about collaborations.

Yeah anyway leona may need to do a collaboration to get back on the radio.A rapper,calvin harris, or a duet with a well established singer.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    Yeah anyway leona may need to do a collaboration to get back on the radio.A rapper,calvin harris, or a duet with a well established singer.

She should try and do a track with Tinie Tempah, he was interested in working with her but she blew him off and took the song he wanted. :p
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    I have this awful feeling that we're getting a Xmas album this year. She keeps saying "At Christmas" and she's recording a Christmas song (or more, who knows) next month... I'm really hoping that's not the case. I don't mind a bonus Xmas track or three, but not a full album just yet.

Likewise, a Syco Christmas album is the last thing she needs. I shake my head thinking about it. No duets with Subo or Ill Divo please! To me, if it is an Xmas album, it screams "still don't know what to do with her, shove an Xmas album out so we have more thinking time."

I hope she works with Naughty Boy again (without Fraser's influence of course) I wanna hear her do something VERY UK Garage. Leona could sooo pull that off.
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Likewise, a Syco Christmas album is the last thing she needs. I shake my head thinking about it. No duets with Subo or Ill Divo please! To me, if it is an Xmas album, it screams "still don't know what to do with her, shove an Xmas album out so we have more thinking time."

I hope she works with Naughty Boy again (without Fraser's influence of course) I wanna hear her do something VERY UK Garage. Leona could sooo pull that off.

i'd like her to work with Naughty Boy but to do something like "La La La" or something more upbeat.
    Forum Member
    i'd like her to work with Naughty Boy but to do something like "La La La" or something more upbeat.

"La La La" is my fav song at the moment. What an incredible song.
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    "La La La" is my fav song at the moment. What an incredible song.

Yeah, it was an instant crush for me too, although I like his production in general. Really loved "Wonder" as well :)
  • Gobstopper13Gobstopper13 Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evidence Leona has NOT had a nose job (sorry to open this can of worms again!)...

http://instagram.com/p/Z8l7Scu23z/#
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Run back in top 500 on UK iTunes! :)
This discussion has been closed.