Linda Henry as Lorraine Salter

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    TK to the rescue! :cool: :)

It's cool, I don't think many posters on DS have the strength to debate with the almighty Monalisa :cool:. Mostly because the debate goes on for two weeks! :D

We shall face the Monalisa together! :D

Haha Super Mazin I shall call you..:p I shall call you whenever I have a debate going on. Be ready for that call at all times. Day or Night. I may need you here.:eek:

I'm afraid I think I may have to leave you to this 'debate' however. I'm off to bedfordshire - as bridget jones would say..
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    Haha Super Mazin I shall call you..:p I shall call you whenever I have a debate going on. Be ready for that call at all times. Day or Night. I may need you here.:eek:

I'm afraid I think I may have to leave you to this 'debate' however. I'm off to bedfordshire - as bridget jones would say..

its not a debate!!!!!! lol i was just confused :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol i dont tend to have a debate with people about her acting :p i just didnt see why it was asked if she was straight. what does it matter lol:confused:

It doesn't. Humans are curious creatures. And we all need to satisfy that need from time to time...
    See, I needed to ask about Den in the other thread about whether he was a peodofile or whatever. Turns out he was worse then that. It doesn't matter to me that much, just curious about who I had been watching on my TV when I was a mere girl..
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    MarcoRossi wrote: »
    what is it with EE and abandoning/neglectful mothers, there isn't and has never been a single truly normal and caring mother on the square (Jane was as good as it got with her adopted kids)

There have been plenty of caring ones, although I admit, not normal of course, with it being a soap. ;) All flawed, as mothers are only human, but to name a few of the caring ones off the top of my head: Sue Osman, Kathy Beale, Pauline Fowler, Lou Beale, Dot Cotton, Michelle Fowler, Rosa diMarco, Peggy Mitchell, Laura Beale, Denise Fox, Zainab Masood (who obviously had a few hitches in caring about Syed).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It doesn't. Humans are curious creatures. And we all need to satisfy that need from time to time...
    See, I needed to ask about Den in the other thread about whether he was a peodofile or whatever. Turns out he was worse then that. It doesn't matter to me that much, just curious about who I had been watching on my TV when I was a mere girl..
    lol i think thats a bit different.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if I said anything about being a fan of a certain musician that would qualify?

Huh? No, I wasn't saying you were being offensive with your question about Linda Henry's sexuality. You asked a legitimate question. Nothing wrong with that :).

I was just trying to keep the almighty Monalisa calm :o:D. To be honest, I kind of agreed what you said in your previous post, but I'm more amused than annoyed :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its not a debate!!!!!! lol i was just confused :p

I know its not a debate. I was just saying to T.K that, as a joke,I will call him whenever I DO have a debate. *sighs* I'm to tired.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member

In my youh been to many gay clubs and asked if I was gay. Did it matter? No but you can be curious about people. "Is that your natural colour?" "Did this soap star date this star" "Was the divorce papers episode really watched by 30m" etc. Some people love to stir. Nothing wrong with being gay, bi or straight. So there is nothing wrong with asking someone. Half the problem is people having a issue with it. Like is is something we are not allowed to talk about, well not me.
    I am more angry at loving adults in this country can still not marry. What is this civil partnership crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oi you know how i feel about this :p

Lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Huh? No, I wasn't saying you were being offensive with your question about Linda Henry's sexuality. You asked a legitimate question.

I was just trying to keep the Monalisa calm :o:D. To be honest, I kind of agreed what you said in your previous post, but I'm more amused than annoyed :D.

i wasnt annoyed :confused: i was just genuinely confused why it was asked because for one i would've thought everyone would've known what the answer was (if it wasnt that then we wouldnt know anyway as she's private) and two that it doesnt really matter cos it doesnt affect her acting either way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wasnt annoyed :confused: i was just genuinely confused why it was asked because for one i would've thought everyone would've known what the answer was (if it wasnt that then we wouldnt know anyway as she's private) and two that it doesnt really matter cos it doesnt affect her acting either way

I'm not saying you were annoyed. I'm saying I was amused by your response :D, rather than annoyed. But I was making sure you weren't gonna start a new epic debate, which I'm afraid this is turning into :o.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Stop trying to make it something it aint sweetie. I am a happily married woman who happens to be bi-sexual. I hate having to explain to people that just because I am bi means I can not be faithful. Because I have been told from others that I must cheat because bi people must miss the other. Or that people assume I must be a certain way because I am married. So I encourage people to talk about it. It is when we do not talk about it prejudices occur.

I never said it would affect her acting or even commented on that. Does it affect her acting? No. Does it affect Gillian Andersons acting on the X-files because she was required to dye her hair red? No but I still found it fascinating she was blonde. As someone who is not straight I find it damn annoying that we can not ask these questions without someone trying to brush it under the carpet. Somehow we are not allowed to talk about it? Why not? If she said private. I would be fine with that too but clearly she did not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The question that was asked might not have anything to do with the topic at hand, but I don't see what's wrong with asking it either. As chocolatecake said, humans are curious creatures. Simple :).
  • Options
    summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no i dont get the comment about it being shocking that she's married etc she's very private

Thanks Mona where's the Linda thread i cant find it?:)

:confused: Have i missed something?... lol did you all think she was gay then:D
    she's nothing like Shirley in real- life from that interview with cheryl

if Shirley ever did leave i'd hate for her to be killed off, a happy reunion with Deano and Carly would be better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^in the appreciation forum
    The question that was asked might not have anything to do with the topic at hand, but I don't see what's wrong with asking it either. As chocolatecake said, humans are curious creatures. Simple :).

i know there is nothing wrong with asking it but i would've thought everyone would know the answer and if it was any different then we wouldnt know cos she's private. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Mona where's the Linda thread i cant find it?:)

:confused: Have i missed something?... lol did you all think she was gay then:D
    she's nothing like Shirley in real- life from that interview with cheryl

if Shirley ever did leave i'd hate for her to be killed off, a happy reunion with Deano and Carly would be better

No, I just didn't think she was married that's all, hence my shocked reaction :o. Linda Henry seems like a player to me! :cool::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, I just didn't think she was married, that's all :o. She seems like a player to me! :cool::D

really :confused: why did you think that ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^in the appreciation forum

i know there is nothing wrong with asking it but i would've thought everyone would know the answer and if it was any different then we wouldnt know cos she's private. :)

True :). But I think you should read AngelicPrincess's post as she explains it perfectly.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You contridicted yourself there. I am not googling Linda Henry all the time. I did look at her wiki page which does not mention she is married. And if she is private surely that would be reason for me not to know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I just didn't think she was married that's all, hence my shocked reaction :o. Linda Henry seems like a player to me! :cool::D

:D TK;)

i still cant find the linda thread lol do you have a linky mona:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1631933

i didnt mean to come across as rude in asking why that question was asked. i just thought the answer would be obvious
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Linda Henry is the James Bond of EE :cool: :D. Don't mess with her :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You contridicted yourself there. I am not googling Linda Henry all the time. I did look at her wiki page which does not mention she is married. And if she is private surely that would be reason for me not to know.

Exactly. These details about Linda Henry's life are not so well-known to everybody.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    as someone else already posted Linda mentioned her husband on paul ogrady. i just thought it would be obvious what the answer was but if it wasn't that we wouldnt know cos linda is private
    i was just wondering why it was asked dont see what the problem is with that :confused:

oh we were already discussing if it was her daughter in the pictures so thats probably why i was so confused :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1631933

i didnt mean to come across as rude in asking why that question was asked. i just thought the answer would be obvious

thanks hun. those facebook pics of linda she has got real nice legs mind.:)
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150730505538034&set=a.10150730499053034.421446.76972643033&type=3&theater