Options

EastEnders - 2nd November 2012 - Oh, (Naughty) Danny Boy.

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    BIB: and yet we're supposed to take him seriously as a villain :D

Exactly. How can anyone take him seriously as a gangster/villian when he comes out with this sort of crap.
    I cant wait for when the thugs come after him :D
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Exactly. How can anyone take him seriously as a gangster/villian when he comes out with this sort of crap.
    I cant wait for when the thugs come after him :D

Agreed. Everytime he's on I roll my eyes and laugh :D
  • Options
    LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Syed is getting no free pass from me.

The Kat comparison though, I don’t compare ANY of the characters (who have cheated ) to Kat because she has been unfaithful to Alfie 5 times and had his cousins baby. That puts her in a different league of awfulness. If we’re comparing Syed to Kat, we might as well compare Patrick to her.

This isn’t me trying to lessen Syeds deception btw. I think he’s behaved in despicable manor and there is no excuse what’s so ever. I don’t sympathise, emphasise or even make sense of his actions because he’s been characterised and written horrifically throughout the last three months. I wish Christian had kicked him to the curb tonight and all honesty here, I don’t really give a rats arse about their happy ending at this point.
    Syed has now cheated on two people so it is not just an isolated incident. I don't think it matters whether it has happened once or twenty times.

At least with Kat she has been shown to be unhappy with Alfie and has hang-ups because of her past - Syed's problem is he is indecisive but other people get hurt while he works out what he wants and that's not fair. It is utterly selfish in fact.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Lousiana wrote: »
    Syed has now cheated on two people so it is not just an isolated incident. I don't think it matters whether it has happened once or twenty times.

At least with Kat she has been shown to be unhappy with Alfie and has hang-ups because of her past - Syed's problem is he is indecisive but other people get hurt while he works out what he wants and that's not fair. It is utterly selfish in fact.

And its not just the cheating he is prepared to screw over his family and steal from people. Spending Kamils future money? Kat pawned her mothers engagement ring not something for Tommy. And Syed got Amira pregnant so a child was invovled just like Kat. In fact he pressured on Amira and got angry when he found out she was on the pill....he did that knowing he was gay. Kat has cheated more and is not very nice. Syed has cheated less but still cheated and is a thief. He when his mother was going mad at Tamwar he spent a long time saying naff all. Horrible guy.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think Kat's past can be used anymore of as an excuse than Syed's indecisiveness and lack of identity. They've both behaved awful over recent times.

However I do think cheating on your partner 5 times including having a full blown affair, aswell as having your husbands cousins baby is not comparable to a one night stand. However that's just my opinion but it doesn't change the fact that I still think Syed's behaviour has been deplorable through this current storyline. I agree with most of the comments on this thread about him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Kat's past can be used anymore of as an excuse than Syed's indecisiveness and lack of identity. They've both behaved awful over recent times.

However I do think cheating on your partner 5 times including having a full blown affair, aswell as having your husbands cousins baby is not comparable to a one night stand. However that's just my opinion but it doesn't change the fact that I still think Syed's behaviour has been deplorable through this current storyline. I agree with most of the comments on this thread about him.
    To say he has just had a one night stand totally absolves him of what he did to Amira? Whatever the reasoning it still amounts to cheating and hurting someone badly.

And unfortunately the recent Chryed/Zainab scenes have trivialised Syed's need to go behind Amira and his family's back in 2009 which makes Syed look worse.

I am not trying to justify Kat's behaviour but I think her problems are bigger than Syed's. Syed's problem is being spineless and umming and ahhing over what he wants while lives are ruined in the process.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And its not just the cheating he is prepared to screw over his family and steal from people. Spending Kamils future money? Kat pawned her mothers engagement ring not something for Tommy. And Syed got Amira pregnant so a child was invovled just like Kat. In fact he pressured on Amira and got angry when he found out she was on the pill....he did that knowing he was gay. Kat has cheated more and is not very nice. Syed has cheated less but still cheated and is a thief. He when his mother was going mad at Tamwar he spent a long time saying naff all. Horrible guy.
    Who does Syed actually think he is? He is not that much of a catch and yet he has had all these people fighting over him.

If it was me I would not want to be with someone so pathetic. Even Christian for all his faults deserves better than that. He used to be such a strong character who stood up for himself now they have reduced him to being Syed's whipping boy and running round after a liar and a cheat like that. Please, I do not buy it for one second. I wish Jane was around to put Syed in his place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To say he has just had a one night stand totally absolves him of what he did to Amira? Whatever the reasoning it still amounts to cheating and hurting someone badly.

And unfortunately the recent Chryed/Zainab scenes have trivialised Syed's need to go behind Amira and his family's back in 2009 which makes Syed look worse.

I am not trying to justify Kat's behaviour but I think her problems are bigger than Syed's. Syed's problem is being spineless and umming and ahhing over what he wants while lives are ruined in the process.

I haven’t forgotten what he did to Amira. You're right, it was awful but personally speaking, I found his character easier to empathise with back then. It's no excuse and his reasoning’s don’t make him better than Kat, if we are comparing here. However I found him more well-rounded and faceted as a person. Does that mean it made it ok, absolutely not but because of the wider parameters of the story back then, it made his arc a more interesting and empathic one. With the likes of Kat, and current Syed, I don't empathise with them one bit because both are coming across increasingly one-dimensional. In fact it feels like I'm watching two different characters. 2010-12 Kat is totally regressive to the 2000-05 Kat that we saw. Even when she cheated on Alfie with Andy, I felt bad for her. Even what she did was morally wrong, I understood her dilemma. I could also forgive her one night stand with Roger because Alfie made her feel worthless at the time. However since her comeback, she has regressed, become bitchier, a generally a horrible person and a serial cheater for two years straight. I have the same viewpoint with Syed, even if I don’t think he’s reached Kat’s levels of awfulness. Current Syed is regressive to all the work DTC did with him 2009/10 but you have to bare in mind that the bulk of Syed's demise as a character has happened over the last three months, where as Kat it's been consistently over 2 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t forgotten what he did to Amira. You're right, it was awful but personally speaking, I found his character easier to empathise with back then. It's no excuse and his reasoning’s don’t make him better than Kat, if we are comparing here. However I found him more well-rounded and faceted as a person. Does that mean it made it ok, absolutely not but because of the wider parameters of the story back then, it made his arc a more interesting and empathic one. With the likes of Kat, and current Syed, I don't empathise with them one bit because both are coming across increasingly one-dimensional. In fact it feels like I'm watching two different characters. 2010-12 Kat is totally regressive to the 2000-05 Kat that we saw. Even when she cheated on Alfie with Andy, I felt bad for her. Even what she did was morally wrong, I understood her dilemma. I could also forgive her one night stand with Roger because Alfie made her feel worthless at the time. However since her comeback, she has regressed, become bitchier, a generally a horrible person and a serial cheater for two years straight. I have the same viewpoint with Syed, even if I don’t think he’s reached Kat’s levels of awfulness. Current Syed is regressive to all the work DTC did with him 2009/10.
    do you not feel the recent scenes with Zainab have made a mockery of the original Syed/Christian story? I know this Gary Lucy story msut've been a kick in the teeth for you as a fan but if I was a fan then they would've been ruined a long time ago for me. Possibly through the recent Zainab stuff which as I say trivialises Syed's initial struggle with his sexuality. But even as far back as last year you had Christian telling Syed "it's me or the baby," which was awful and before that Christian making it clear he would dump Syed to adopt alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For Chryedians, when Syed was cheating on Amira with Christian, it was cheating for the greater good. It was nice, good cheating. Until Danny, Syed had a clean slate, because cheating on Amira does not count. Cheating on Christian = bad. Cheating with Christian = good.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Loved moody Masood tonight and AJ and Tamwar.:D

Nice scene with Carol and Ian, I'm liking the new improved Ian Beale...hope he grows closer to Bianca when she returns. It's time they really were family.

Happy Kat again. Lovely to see, but I better make the most of it, I doubt it'll last.:(

Rest of it unremarkable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you not feel the recent scenes with Zainab have made a mockery of the original Syed/Christian story? I know this Gary Lucy story msut've been a kick in the teeth for you as a fan but if I was a fan then they would've been ruined a long time ago for me. Possibly through the recent Zainab stuff which as I say trivialises Syed's initial struggle with his sexuality. But even as far back as last year you had Christian telling Syed "it's me or the baby," which was awful and before that Christian making it clear he would dump Syed to adopt alone.
    The Zainab stuff has been met with a mixed bag of responses. Alot of us do feel it's been OTT, rushed and contrived. The baby stuff last year pegged as 'black friday' was a massive blow to us last year. Some left the fandom. Most stuck it though. I was close to giving up but the fool in me carried on. :rolleyes: I still hate that storyline. I don't think I've ever been so angry with Christian in all the years of watching him and just how I am ranting about Syed with you all as I am now, I was doing about Christian back then. Why do we still support them in spite of the dross and character assassinations?

I think the reason why alot of fans have stuck it through though, is because of the original story. I understand that not everyone got it or still don't understand the fascination, which is fair enough. I respect people’s views not to. It's just there are those out there, just like me, who became so emotionally engaged and fascinated by the story that DTC gave us, that it almost becomes difficult to let go for the sake of a story, especially when you foolishly believe that things will get better or such stories will be later redeemed. It’s always been the story coupled with Marc and Johnny’s chemistry that’s sustained the fanbase, even through the horrid black holes and lack of screentime over the years. I will say this though, the Chryed thread isn’t half as active as it used to be over the past year. Many old timers have left at the result of Chryed';s development or you can say 'lack off' as well as dire stories.

For me Chryed were not ruined a long time ago but they have become tainted. I do think it’s quite possible that they have been ruined for a lot of people with their current plot. Cheating is pretty much a deal breaker in many fandoms. Like I said though, I’ll be glad when they leave. I actually wish it was tomorrow. I don’t regret my fandom experience and being part of such a strong collective and doing something positive with it.

Sorry for the ramble. :o
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    What a ridiculous scene of "staring".

It's small moments like that which highlight the shitty acting.

What? You weren't caught up in the moment? You didn't feel the MEGA chemistry?! :eek::D

It freaks me out a bit that they look quite alike - which isn't surprising as they're cousins!

But as much as the storyline might make me *shudder* I can't wait to see the fallout when everyone finds out!
    FFS Lauren:rolleyes:

All that was missing was a stamped foot :rolleyes:
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I love Danny.

He's one of the most interesting characters in a long time. Bloody crying shame that he's only here as a Chryed support player.
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I quite like Danny as a character, hope they bring him back.

They should, I agree.
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Kat, you've gone out of your way since you came back [from the Happy Ever After] to avoid alone time with your husband.

But, but, but didn't you see evil Alfie not know her favourite song?!?!?
    With a husband that bad no wonder she cheats eh?

(sarcasm alert :D)
    Oh dear why would she even say that to Jack? The script writing just gets worse!

Yes. Why would Lola walk up to Jack and say that? It made absolutely no sense?
    Tanyas so fake 'hiya'

Fifty faced bitch. "She's our daughter and SHE has to come first" Yes Tanya, I bet you said that in relation to poor Bradley too :rolleyes: Max should tell her to eff off.
    milmol wrote: »
    Jack and Sharon have known each other all of 5 minutes I just dont buy their relationship at all.

Or care.

Well said.
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Aww Ian and Carol

Everytime I see the broken Ian of nowadays it breaks my heart. I remember him when he was Lucy's age (he was a nice kid!) and later when he was a confident yuppie! Life has certainly taken it's toll on him :(

It also made me spit when he said that he'd have to ask Lucy about Bianca getting her job back but he didn't know if she would. How the hell did it all come to THIS? OK, no way should Bianca expect to walk back into a job Uncle or not but at the same time seeing Ian brought so low is not pleasant, even if there have been times in the past where he's been a prize plonker who I'd have gleefully slapped - hard!!!
    makaveli82 wrote: »
    Masood going all gangster lately. I love it

As did I! Good job he turned up, he was all authoritative! I don't think Danny was bothered about the other three numpties, lol!
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    " Dog ate me homework" HAHA

Great line from Max! Carol is so bossy with her brothers :D
    How nice for jack to give his permission....

That's how it came over to me too and it was beyond annoying :mad: She's been with this plonker about 5 minutes, not married to him for 10 years! But like you say, it's all OK now because Jack approves. Dear God *holds head in hands*
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    Christian just dump him already

Seconded.
    maurice45 wrote: »
    No there's no difference. Syed's ruining Christian's life, having previously ruined Amira's. Then, of course, there's the fact that he's practically ruined his family and doesn't really seem to care. Like Kat, he shifts the blame constantly.

Spoken for truth!

Right I'm now going to kick back and read PP's review and all these other Syed -v- Kat posts!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    What? You weren't caught up in the moment? You didn't feel the MEGA chemistry?! :eek::D

It freaks me out a bit that they look quite alike - which isn't surprising as they're cousins!

But as much as the storyline might make me *shudder* I can't wait to see the fallout when everyone finds out!

All that was missing was a stamped foot :rolleyes:

He's one of the most interesting characters in a long time. Bloody crying shame that he's only here as a Chryed support player.

They should, I agree.

But, but, but didn't you see evil Alfie not know her favourite song?!?!?
    With a husband that bad no wonder she cheats eh?

(sarcasm alert :D)

Yes. Why would Lola walk up to Jack and say that? It made absolutely no sense?

Fifty faced bitch. "She's our daughter and SHE has to come first" Yes Tanya, I bet you said that in relation to poor Bradley too :rolleyes: Max should tell her to eff off.

Well said.

Everytime I see the broken Ian of nowadays it breaks my heart. I remember him when he was Lucy's age (he was a nice kid!) and later when he was a confident yuppie! Life has certainly taken it's toll on him :(

It also made me spit when he said that he'd have to ask Lucy about Bianca getting her job back but he didn't know if she would. How the hell did it all come to THIS? OK, no way should Bianca expect to walk back into a job Uncle or not but at the same time seeing Ian brought so low is not pleasant, even if there have been times in the past where he's been a prize plonker who I'd have gleefully slapped - hard!!!

As did I! Good job he turned up, he was all authoritative! I don't think Danny was bothered about the other three numpties, lol!

Great line from Max! Carol is so bossy with her brothers :D

That's how it came over to me too and it was beyond annoying :mad: She's been with this plonker about 5 minutes, not married to him for 10 years! But like you say, it's all OK now because Jack approves. Dear God *holds head in hands*

Seconded.

Spoken for truth!

Right I'm now going to kick back and read PP's review and all these other Syed -v- Kat posts!

.....:)
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    I think Joey and Lauren comes of as being more creepier than Tony and Whitney

You are joking? Joey and Lauren are two grown adults, Tony was a paedo and Whitney was 13...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am i the only one that wants syed and christian to be together. lol i want christian to be happy.

I couldn't care less for syed, but I do really want Christian to be happy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what I did love tonight, when Syed and Christian were going out for breakfast at the cafe, and when he just jumped into the cab. Tell me, why is it you can't raise £500 again? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just started watching. They did like to treat people of all sexualities last night. Christian's chest and Lauren's legs in the first two scenes :D
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "No Billy, I was gonna ask you if you fancied a break" :D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting a taxi for the 200 yard journey to the police station

Just sums up Syed perfectly
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Slight obsession with Laurens legs tonight.

There was definitely too much emphasis from pervy cameraman.
    I take it Jacks unaware of sharon and phils plan

Jack is unaware what day of the week it is.
    milmol wrote: »
    Jack and Sharon have known each other all of 5 minutes I just dont buy their relationship at all.

Or care.

Exactly!
    HYPROCRITE ALERT! Jack Branning:rolleyes:

:D
    makaveli82 wrote: »
    I've got a tenner down on Joey shagging Tanya by year's end.

Nothing like a full house! ;)

I saw Tanya give Joey's bum a sneaky look. Not that I blame her.
    Awww Ian:)

Every Ian scene recently I am always 'Awww'. I love new Ian, his scenes are the best.
    oh tamwar, how can you not know who statham is, sexy jason statham

I doubt Tamwar watches those kind of films.
    LOL at Phil and Jack. You know you're an arse when Phil Mitchell is the better relationship option than you.

:D
    vald wrote: »
    Loved moody Masood tonight and AJ and Tamwar.:D

Nice scene with Carol and Ian, I'm liking the new improved Ian Beale...hope he grows closer to Bianca when she returns. It's time they really were family.

Happy Kat again. Lovely to see, but I better make the most of it, I doubt it'll last.:(

Agree with all!
  • Options
    Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Oh Christian... It's not good with Syed at the moment and they need much time to repair it. Massoud was great. :D

So Lauren and Joey... It's Incest I think but they look nice together. :D

Carol was also nice with her brothers and with Ian.