Who the fu** does Cher think she is dismissing Dannii like that!?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy90 wrote: »
    Get off your high horse. Matt did the same exact thing. Simon criticized him and then Danni defended him and the song choice, and Matt went and agreed with Simon. Talk about dissing your own mentor.

Cher doesn't have to agree with everything the judges say. She was asked by Dermot to respond to Danni's comment and that is what she did.

No! Dermot asked her what she thought of Dannii's comment afterwards. When Cher pulled a face and said Mmmm, that was directly after Dannii had made her comment.
  • VengieVengie Posts: 7,086
    Forum Member
    glynn wrote: »
    vote for cher please or next week is going to be very quiet on here if cher is voted out.

seriously the hatred for this young girl is so very sad and what for really.

we live in a sad world

You're right.

I can't believe the ammount of hatred there is for Cher on this thread with people calling her all sorts of names and trying their very best to belittle her like she is a nothing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    ncl*girl wrote: »
    Cocky Little Madam

If I posted what I thought about Cher (or Mauvais possibly more appropriate?) the mods would not only ban me from these fora for ever but also insist I washed my mouth out with carbolic soap and water! There are so very many talented 17 year old singers in the real world, why are they forced by Simon Cowell to think they have to behave like herself to get anywhere?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    That was very arrogant of her. Most people listen to advice/criticism but not Cher! I think she really believes she knows more about music than all the judges put together.

Cher has received critical comments in the past and taken them.

The one time she stands up for herself she's savaged as arrogant and rude. :rolleyes:
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    she looks unwashed all the time and needs a bloody good scrub.

I think she's been reading DS actually. I've said on here loads of time that she looks like she needs a good wash. For the first time tonight I noticed her make-up looked just a few layers less. That's putting aside those BIG marker pen eyebrows.:D
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aleksis wrote: »
    And if she really wants to succeed, she will contradict those people, put her own ideas forward, and take her image, style and music into her own hands as she works with them. It's not like she told Dannii to STFU; she simply stood up for herself.

Most of what you've written is personal judgements based largely on unsubstantiated rubbish from the tabloid grapevine.

What I have written is based on her attitude that has come across from day one. I don't listen to the tabloid rumours about her as none of the stories have been factually backed up by anyone. You see her differently to me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine still stands that she needs to lose her attitude. As she is a new artist, she is not going to have the same amount of control over what she does, there will be times when she will put her own ideas forward and management will still insist on her doing what they want her to do. It's not ideal but that is what happens.

If she does make a success of herself, the more control she will gain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii has f*cked over her own acts except Matt this series and has earned no right to be treated like a font of unchallengeable knowledge.

Cher is allowed to disagree and stand up for herself. It's what takes the best to the top.

Get real Dannii didnt vote them out the public did, even a muppet can work that wone out.

So all this Dannii **** them over is just silly and childish and dont forget all the mentor have lost acts. So if you think that about Danii you must also think that about Cheryl, simon and Louis.

And yes people can disagree and stand up for what they believe in and do so with class . So there is no excues for the rudeness from Cher.
  • airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii talked crap. Cher is the bigger star.

That's not much of a comparison is it.
  • JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A young teenager with no talent dismissed an older woman with no talent.

Happens everyday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem with Cher speaking her brains when asked a question by Dermot but the "hmmmmmm" was just stupid. And she was doing so well up to then. Doh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Oh, in that case, lynch her then :rolleyes:

By looking at some of the comments in this thread- things like she's a "gypo, what did you expect" and that she's a “bitch”, cow etc etc... you'd think she'd killed someone. Some of you don't half like to over react to things! :eek:

Most of you are being far more rude than Cher has ever been since she's been on the show.

How is anyone being rude?
    We are all just giving our opinions and making observations on Cher's behaviour during the judges comments. Just because you disagree with what any of us is saying that does not make us rude.
    Having said that, I do agree that calling her a bitch etc is rather rude. But, mostly, it is just fair comment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I loved cher's audition, and ever since then I have been trying to tell myself "She is only 17 ... she is only 17 ... she is only 17 ... all the pressure etc etc etc"

But tonight that was an utter turnoff for me. That wasn't an act, that was the real her.

It wasn't very nice. It made her look arrogant and full of herself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I totally agreed with Dannii's comment, and Cher's 'Hmm' seemed quite rude, although to be fair she might not have meant it to come over as it did. Dannii did look a bit suprised when Dermot went back to her after getting a comment from Cher. Ooer...

ETA- SilentDawn, I'm 17 so I can try to imagine what it's like for Cher, but he response to Dannii was uncalled for and quite shocking. I'm not a fan of her anyway, but it put me off her more.
  • wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    got to say, I cant understand why people like Cher..

as a rapper, she is utterly shite.. jedward did a better job

as a singer, she isnt too bad, but she go carried away after doing shakespeares sister, and has put the "stay with me" warble into every song she has done since.. including Imagine..

as a person, she has no grace, no humility, no manners, and the worst attitude I have seen apart from on Jeremy Kyle.. which is the show I think is far better suited to her.
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if anyone crosses paths with Dannii they get a hords of abuse on here?
  • GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    vote for cher please or next week is going to be very quiet on here if cher is voted out.

we live in a sad world

Totally agree - good post.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    How is anyone being rude?
    We are all just giving our opinions and making observations on Cher's behaviour during the judges comments. Just because you disagree with what any of us is saying that does not make us rude.
    Having said that, I do agree that calling her a bitch etc is rather rude. But, mostly, it is just fair comment.

How is anyone being rude? You answer your own question. If yours isn't one of the posts calling her a bitch or mentioning her background, then it isn't aimed at you.

I never said everyone was being rude, but there were a heck of a lot of ott abusive comments aimed at her and some even about her background that were rude- far ruder than she was being.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    She was being a bit rude on Xtra Factor just now as well. Crowd was stone silent when she was talking, you can tell they don't like her.

She was not rude lol ..last week she was booed because shes hated tonight its quiet so she's hated get real :rolleyes:Maybe they wanted to hear what she was saying ????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And if she really wants to succeed, she will contradict those people, put her own ideas forward, and take her image, style and music into her own hands as she works with them. It's not like she told Dannii to STFU; she simply stood up for herself.

Most of what you've written is personal judgements based largely on unsubstantiated rubbish from the tabloid grapevine.

I don't read tabloids! or Heat etc etc etc..
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    Saying "Hmmmm" pulling a face and turning to Simon as if to say "I don't care what you say Dannii."

I can understand why she felt like she did and I totally think that Dannii was wrong in this instant. You are forgetting the fact that the week that she sung her big ballad she was in the bottom two and then last week when she went back to rapping she was out of the bottom two. It is obvious that her younger fans like her wrapping. Dannii is not always right, you know!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

we live in a sad world

So true it is a sad world when a person has to be rude to another instead of disagreeing with class. I mean come on what sort of role modle is someone been rude to another.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was nothing that horrifying about what she said (it may not have been the most eloquent but I think we all got the idea). The problem is that we're used to contestants nodding and "taking on board" everything the judges say 99 times out of 100. The idea that they might put their own opinion across is unbelievable. And when they do, it's rude and unacceptable.

It doesn't help that Cher has developed that reputation through her performances and also has a peculiar way of speaking (she pauses in weird places, puts emphasis on random words... it all seems a bit odd! Then there are the facial expressions!). It doesn't help her image, IMO.

Matt managed to dismiss his own mentors comments (as he did after his BL performance) in favour of Simon's but did it far less directly. It was almost like he made his views clear by accident under pressure from Dermot. Whereas Cher was more direct. While I think it was fair enough, I don't think she should have done it because it won't help her. I'd say that for them all - nod and agree. Always nod and agree.

It also comes down to who was involved. Replace Dannii with Cheryl and Matt with Cher and you're going to get a very, very, very different reaction!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    There was nothing that horrifying about what she said (it may not have been the most eloquent but I think we all got the idea). The problem is that we're used to contestants nodding and "taking on board" everything the judges say 99 times out of 100. The idea that they might put their own opinion across is unbelievable. And when they do, it's rude and unacceptable.

It doesn't help that Cher has developed that reputation through her performances and also has a peculiar way of speaking (she pauses in weird places, puts emphasis on random words... it all seems a bit odd! Then there are the facial expressions!). It doesn't help her image, IMO.

Matt managed to dismiss his own mentors comments (as he did after his BL performance) in favour of Simon's but did it far less directly. It was almost like he made his views clear by accident under pressure from Dermot. Whereas Cher was more direct. While I think it was fair enough, I don't think she should have done it because it won't help her. I'd say that for them all - nod and agree. Always nod and agree.

It also comes down to who was involved. Replace Dannii with Cheryl and Matt with Cher and you're going to get a very, very, very different reaction!

lol I thought you only like nice girls like leona, i mean come on you said its better to be nice plenty of time in leona threads. :p
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vengie wrote: »
    You're right.

I can't believe the ammount of hatred there is for Cher on this thread with people calling her all sorts of names and trying their very best to belittle her like she is a nothing.

Yes, I agree, especially as Cher is only 17, what is wrong with people? It really is not necessary!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Why on earth SHOULD Cher agree with Dannii? If Cher wants to rap it's her choise and why should she sell her soul and sing a ballard (which obviously didn't work when she sung Imagen).

And Dannii Minogue is an absolute fool. Get back in Kylie's shadow!