Options

Waiting for deliveries

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought I would start a thread for people waiting for the deliveries. (sorry if it's already been started).

I received my 1st class parcel today that took 10 days which is probably quite quick for time of year and the conditions!

I am still waiting for another parcel and also tescos direct texted me today to say they might not fulfil my specific delivery on Sunday!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    cleocat wrote: »
    I thought I would start a thread for people waiting for the deliveries. (sorry if it's already been started).

I received my 1st class parcel today that took 10 days which is probably quite quick for time of year and the conditions!

I am still waiting for another parcel and also tescos direct texted me today to say they might not fulfil my specific delivery on Sunday!

I'm waiting for 6 parcels to arrive, 4 of which are christmas presents.......I ordered them about 1.5 - 2 weeks ago now...... getting worried! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Only waiting for two - both christmas presents. They may or may not come, but with the sudden influx of snow we've had tonight, they probably wont :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iHelix wrote: »
    Only waiting for two - both christmas presents. They may or may not come, but with the sudden influx of snow we've had tonight, they probably wont :(

Worrying isn't it! Are yours important pressies?........I hope everyones arrives on time...... but like you say the snow may put a stop to that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Worrying isn't it! Are yours important pressies?........I hope everyones arrives on time...... but like you say the snow may put a stop to that!

No they're not that important but obviously i would rather have them for christmas and not after. But like I said, we're being battered by the snow tonight so I'm not hopeful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iHelix wrote: »
    No they're not that important but obviously i would rather have them for christmas and not after. But like I said, we're being battered by the snow tonight so I'm not hopeful

You never know, fingers crossed........... I even got a royal mail a delivery on Sunday a few weeks back, so, assuming they delivery Christmas eve.......we've still got 7 days for it to arrive......... I'm staying hopeful :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You never know, fingers crossed........... I even got a royal mail a delivery on Sunday a few weeks back, so, assuming they delivery Christmas eve.......we've still got 7 days for it to arrive......... I'm staying hopeful :D

We've not had any Sunday deliveries here but who knows, what with Christmas next week :)
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No post today but that's not a problem. I'm expecting a package by Monday or Tuesday and one last courier early in the week and then it's all done. :D

I'm not taking any more chances on the delivery services and with this unsettled weather until the end of the month. :cool:
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,008
    Forum Member
    I'm currently waiting for a package from Amazon which I ordered on the 7th Dec, estimated deliver was the 15th... as of yet nothing though even though it says it's been dispatched.

Waiting for a parcel from PetPlanet also ordered on the 7th Dec. Had an email saying it had been dispatched on the 13th Dec, the tracker information says it was scanned on the 15th at the collection depot and is en route to the delivery depot, estimated delivery date should have been yesterday.

Finally waiting for a parcel from Boots Online. Ordered on the 10th Dec and was estimated to have arrived by the 14th but so far nothing. The DHL site has it recorded as being sent out about 3 times and passed to various other couriers where it's then been delayed due to "adverse weather."

Amusingly though I ordered a load of crafting stuff from Fred Aldous around the same time which arrived after just a couple of days. Also I ordered some ice spikes off Ebay the other day which arrived this morning. Was very surprised as I expected the weather to have held them up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    I've been waiting for a DVD for me for over a week and a bit now from Amazon. Surprisingly though I ordered a DVD as a present from Amazon Marketplace after the one for me, and that arrived just two days after. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a fairly large parcel from firebox sent on the 9th via second class and an iPod from tescos which I booked the delivery for sunday morning as the nearest tescos was the other side of town! Fingers crossed they will turn up but with the sky still dumping snow who knows when! iPod must be delivered before Xmas firebox stuff was just extras and daughter has birthday next month so that can wait! But it's thought of it going missing!
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    my son got the last of his yesterday..he ordered 2 weeks ago..
    on the other way round..my friend in Luton (I'm in scotland) got her prezzie from me today (sent on the 10th)..my friend in Guildford hasn't got hers yet (also the 10th) and I'll not get hers (she said there were around 6 inches of snow there)
  • Options
    jayzee786jayzee786 Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ordered a few books off Amazon they all arrived on time but this was during the last bout of snow around 2-3 weeks ago.

Still waiting for a laptop bag ordered from Amazon which was due to be delivered on 14th to 18th however Amazon have emailed me themselves today to tell me it may be delayed due to the snowy conditions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on 18 in total :(, mostly Amazon but also Play.com and ELC. They were all ordered between 10-14 days go and no sign as yet. Toy R Us took 3 weeks for one that arrived a few days ago.
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    I have been very lucky. My new blu ray player arrived within 3 days, amp arrived the next day and my Battlestar Galactica complete series blu ray (yippee!!!) arrived today. The man who delivered the discs parked his van at the entrance to my road, and walked a fair old distance to my house because the road was 7 inches deep in snow. Was impressed with that service.
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cleocat wrote: »

There are already two separate threads running about late deliveries, both concentrating on Amazon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are already two separate threads running about late deliveries, both concentrating on Amazon.

Are but mine is about late deliveries from all companies ( I waiting for firebox and tescos) and I searched through half a dozen pages or so and couldn't find one! If the mods want to merge them together then that's on with me!
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for a DVD from Play.com. It's two weeks late now, and somehow I don't think I'm going to get it before Christmas :(
  • Options
    fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im waiting for 3 from Amazon and 1 from Play.com. Im not worried if they dont show before the big day. I will just print out a picture and wrap that and tell them they will get it after Christmas!
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gmphmac wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for a DVD from Play.com. It's two weeks late now, and somehow I don't think I'm going to get it before Christmas :(

I ordered from Play on Sunday and it came today. Delays could be due to the way Royal Mail functions (as someone posted in the Amazon thread).
  • Options
    Natuk80Natuk80 Posts: 11,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum is still waiting for 2 from Amazon, she ordered over a week ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Councils are still waiting for snow ploughs, whose delivery has been delayed due to... snow :rolleyes:
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amusingly though I ordered a load of crafting stuff from Fred Aldous around the same time which arrived after just a couple of days. Also I ordered some ice spikes off Ebay the other day which arrived this morning. Was very surprised as I expected the weather to have held them up.
    That might be down to the areas they've been delivered from not having much problem with the snow as opposed to ones like Amazon's warehouse where it has been severely affected from even the first bout of snow. Good luck on your wait, hope it comes to an end by Xmas Eve.

Waiting on about four things; two of them I expect after Xmas, the other two are coming from areas I know weren't much touched by the snow... well up to yesterday it wasn't! Hoping to get these by Thurs next week. Fingers crossed. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I'm in much the same position as everyone here, re the delivery of parcels in time for christmas. I ordered a large number of books from Amazon on November 29th, and was informed by the number tracing device, that the parcels are in Yorkshire's delivery centre.

I'm on top of the Pennines where the snow disappeared for more than a week. It returned overnight, yet less than a centimtre lay on the road, but I admit that it was very cold. To me, it seems that unless our roads are as clear as a whistle, royal mail is too afraid to honour its side of the transaction between seller and the end customer. I find it rather odd that the PO can deliver third party packages from Amazon early, I received one sent for on the 1st Dec, which arrived within 3 days.

If you want a closer look at what's going on, visit the following useful link:

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I ordered something 2 things from Amazon last Saturday, just with the free delivery thing and they both had arrived by Thursday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Further to my last post(Sic) I now understand that the more recent mail is being given priority over the older post. Sorry:(