Eastenders 25/12/2010 - Goodbye Stacey! Episode Discussion

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was a brilliant episode and so glad I didn't read any of the spoilers as i got to enjoy it a whole lot more. I haven't liked Stacey very much recently but was glad that she got away and wasn't killed or imprisoned. Janine is an absolute psycho - what crazy bitch would stab herself just so she can blame her wimp of a husband's lover? :eek: But then again thats the sort of behaviour we expect from her:D Ryan is a fool - how stupid must he be to think he could run away and play happy families with Stacey :rolleyes: I really hope that's the last we see of him. He's a complete idiot. As for Max tut tut will he ever learn?*
    Cant say it was a shock to find out he was still in love with Stacey, I mean what sort of man would protect the person who let everyone think his son was a killer??? It'll be very interesting how is relationship with Vanessa and Lauren pans out now. Will he worm his way back into their lives as though nothing has happened or wallow in self pity for losing the love of his life?

Definitely the best episode Kirkwood has produced, much better than the vic fire, hopefully this form continues. * 8.5/10
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, my biggest complaint was that Stacey and Kat didn't have one last scene together. I've always loved their relationship, and I was thrilled that they revived it when Jessie Wallace returned.

Seemed a bit out of character for Kat to be having a lovely Christmas day and to not notice or even seem to care that something was obviously wrong with Stace.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Janine, you are a goddess amongst inferiors! For me, this beats the live episode hands down. I never actually thought this tryst would be strong enough to carry the xmas episode... How wrong I was!
    Janine owned tonights episode. Closely followed by Jean. Who else was in tonights episode? Didnt notice anyone else!:D
    Stacey, I've loved you two, but please, take spineless Max and pathetic Ryan with ya!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Actually, my biggest complaint was that Stacey and Kat didn't have one last scene together. I've always loved their relationship, and I was thrilled that they revived it when Jessie Wallace returned.

Seemed a bit out of character for Kat to be having a lovely Christmas day and to not notice or even seem to care that something was obviously wrong with Stace.

Yeah I agree with this. I would have liked if Stacey was helped by Kat too. Kat is very loyal when it comes to her family you only have to see how she helped Zoe get away. She would have bent over backwards to help Stacey. Even in the scene where Janine came into the Vic & said Stacey stabbed her, Kat didn't believe her for a second. That's her loyalty to her family.

With all the scenes over the last few weeks with Kat involved in the Ryan/Stacey storyline it was silly really they didn't have one last scene together tonight :(
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Max tonight, ugh! Gormless man that never grew up. Shite father, ugly player, go, go ,go. ANd Ryan.... Dont even get me started. The one chip in Janines armour is that she fell for that ****!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a good episode.Not as good as last years christmas episode,but still pretty good.Lacey Turner was amazing as per usual,I'm really going to miss Stacey.I've warmed to her so much in the last couple of years,I've never wanted someone to get away with murder so badly! Max annoyed me when he said he loved Stacey,I thought it was disrespectful to Bradley.Good on Stace for rejecting him! I'm glad Ronnie let her get away with murdering her dad lmao.Roxy's hair looks awful.Janine is in good need of a slap,as is Fat Pat who's really annoyed me these past few weeks.And why doesn't Ryan tell the cops Janine tried to kill him?! Brilliant acting for Lacey Turner,Charlie Brooks,Gillian whatsherface and Jake Wood.

God I know she's only fictional,but I'm gonna miss Stacey.She was one hell of a character.So glad the doors been left open for her to return.And I hope Lacey Turner goes far in life,sincerely. Merry Christmas everyone,hope you all got what you wished for! :):D:D xxx
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCRicken wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with this. I would have liked if Stacey was helped by Kat too. Kat is very loyal when it comes to her family you only have to see how she helped Zoe get away. She would have bent over backwards to help Stacey. Even in the scene where Janine came into the Vic & said Stacey stabbed her, Kat didn't believe her for a second. That's her loyalty to her family.

With all the scenes over the last few weeks with Kat involved in the Ryan/Stacey storyline it was silly really they didn't have one last scene together tonight :(

I was actually really surprised that Stacey didn't tell Kat about the murder weeks ago in fact, when the whole Lauren thing came about.

Stacey knew for a fact Kat would go to any level to help protect her family, and Kat owed her big time for being Zoe's alibi in the Den murder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    I think I might have blinked and missed something tonight. Where was the shock return? I didn't see anyone.
  • Scot_JJScot_JJ Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was pleased with the episode except for a fwe things

1. Max still loving stacey.
    He couldn't have spat in bradley's face even more if he tried....funny, it was STACEY that was the one to come clean.

2. No final scene for Kat and stacey
    These two were one BRILLIANT team and great fun to watch, Kat would do ANYTHING to defend Stacey, pregnant or not, murder or anything. They needed a parting send off.

But there were some GREAT moments..

1. Janine going Yandere
    Stabbing hereself to try and keep Ryan, begging and clawing to him like a dog when he was walking out. absolute CLASS.

2. Jean snapping
    Nothing like a bit of Jean finally having it with Stacey's lies and deception and trying to protect Lilly.

3. Ronnie doing a turn after getting the truth
    Ronnie, arguibly Stacey's best friend outside her family, from Danielle's closest people to both being victims of Archie. Decided to put aside her feelings about the fact her dad was murdered and let Stacey escape and have a chance. All she wanted was the truth..she got it, and the truth shall set you free.
  • Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a good episode.Not as good as last years christmas episode,but still pretty good.Lacey Turner was amazing as per usual,I'm really going to miss Stacey.I've warmed to her so much in the last couple of years,I've never wanted someone to get away with murder so badly! Max annoyed me when he said he loved Stacey,I thought it was disrespectful to Bradley.Good on Stace for rejecting him! I'm glad Ronnie let her get away with murdering her dad lmao.Roxy's hair looks awful.Janine is in good need of a slap,as is Fat Pat who's really annoyed me these past few weeks.And why doesn't Ryan tell the cops Janine tried to kill him?! Brilliant acting for Lacey Turner,Charlie Brooks,Gillian whatsherface and Jake Wood.

God I know she's only fictional,but I'm gonna miss Stacey.She was one hell of a character.So glad the doors been left open for her to return.And I hope Lacey Turner goes far in life,sincerely. Merry Christmas everyone,hope you all got what you wished for! :):D:D xxx

I agree with every point you made :D
    and I'd lime to add, I too wish stacey and kay had a final scene :( they were great together :D I'm gutted stacey won't be there for kat during her new storyline but a final scene would have been nice :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    I thought it was ok but I thought that it was one of the most unrealistic episodes in recent memory and parts of it were ridiculous.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone notice much difference as it was supposed to be in HD? Cant say I did.
  • kathy72kathy72 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Ok coming out of being a lurker and have to say I have never had time for Ronnie as a character or Sam (whatever her name is) as an actress .......................

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I sincerely apologise to Ronnie fans before I get slated.............

But.................

That one word, that 'GO' when Stacey said 'yes I did it' has just turned me around................absolutely awesome!!!!!! said volumes with her eyes and the look, amazing................I am converted :D

OMG fantastic!!!! really felt her and Stacey understood each other in that word............awesome
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think that episode could have been a whole lot better like having stacey on the run from police or something
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    i think that episode could have been a whole lot better like having stacey on the run from police or something

She is on the run from the police, they turned up in the Square at the end looking for her ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Loved the episode, thought it was one of the best in a long time :) Great ending for Stacey!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad episode. I was not sure about Max confessing his love, but it will be used for upcoming storylines no doubt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very exciting episode with excellent acting. Glad Stacey got away. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    I loved Ronnie in this ep. Classy woman. Makes it all the more sad about what's going to happen to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »

some scenes looked different
  • NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »

You also need an HD TV I'd guess.

Still no one said what is Julia's theme.:o
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    owen10 wrote: »

That was Janine's original exit though, they can't repeat themselves.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I thought Janine/Charlie Brooks, stole Lacey's final episode. Oops.

Oh and roll on a Max/Janine pairing, they have great chemistry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SummerRain wrote: »
    I loved Ronnie in this ep. Classy woman. Makes it all the more sad about what's going to happen to her.

It sure does. A pity she's such a victim.