Pointless - quiz show on BBC1 (Part 12)

Comments

• Sandgrounder1Sandgrounder1 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    We were in the audience for two shows recorded last May and no sign of the shows we saw yet either! I wonder if you were on the shows we saw Sandgrounder :)
    They recorded the Christmas 2014 episode directly after ours as we saw them bringing the Christmas trees in!
    Ha yes, ours was the last show recorded that day! We saw the call sheet for that day's recording when we were in the green room, and my name was next to Anne Widdecombe's! You must have witnessed our performance then...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Sam and Helen will be going out first round today.

edit - ah ! 2012 albums. They might stand a chance.

They'll be straight out in round 2 though.
  • kingofscotlandkingofscotland Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back to repeats today & tomorrow then two weeks of tennis.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Repeats today. Always tell by Richards desk. One metal piece underneath is up to series 11
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Repeat.Repeat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not on from Monday for two weeks so I guess they wanted to end on a win.
  • barclay55barclay55 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    Repeat.Repeat.

C'mon Richard even second time around you know better than "Joanne Strauss" for Johann Strauss
  • Waterlily24Waterlily24 Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Did they say that Burghley house was in Cambridgeshire?
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they say that Burghley house was in Cambridgeshire?

As it's in Cambridgeshire, what's wrong with that? (Although, if we're being technical, it lies in the Peterborough Unitary Authority, but we still get stuff from Cambs, like the police and fire services.)
  • Waterlily24Waterlily24 Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Well according to Burghley House website it's in Lincolnshire, having lived quite near there and shopping in Stamford it was always in Lincolnshire. We had PE postcodes too living in Lincolnshire. We live in Cambridgeshire now and have a PE postcode too.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha yes, ours was the last show recorded that day! We saw the call sheet for that day's recording when we were in the green room, and my name was next to Anne Widdecombe's! You must have witnessed our performance then...

We must have Sandgrounder, although I'm glad now that I made a couple of notes about the show, because I've forgotten it all now! I hope you did well Sandgrounder. :)
    We've been paying close attention to whether the audience makes any "whooing" noises when the tower clicks down because our warm up guy didn't tell any jokes but just had us all doing loads of practise whooing and we had to whoo for every countdown. We were all out of puff by the end of our two shows! We haven't heard other audiences making much noise but maybe they deaden the sound in the edit!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We must have Sandgrounder, although I'm glad now that I made a couple of notes about the show, because I've forgotten it all now! I hope you did well Sandgrounder. :)
    We've been paying close attention to whether the audience makes any "whooing" noises when the tower clicks down because our warm up guy didn't tell any jokes but just had us all doing loads of practise whooing and we had to whoo for every countdown. We were all out of puff by the end of our two shows! We haven't heard other audiences making much noise but maybe they deaden the sound in the edit!
    We won our show but not the jackpot alas! One thing that struck me particularly was the agonising wIt between giving our answer and the tower starting its countdown. Much longer than you see in the edit and so nerve wracking.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We won our show but not the jackpot alas! One thing that struck me particularly was the agonising wIt between giving our answer and the tower starting its countdown. Much longer than you see in the edit and so nerve wracking.

Well done Sandgrounder, but I do remember the jackpot didn't go in that show!
    Yes, the delay between answer and tower is weird and as you say, nerve wracking for those taking part!

On a side note, I didn't realise that The Chase was recorded at Elstree before we went there. As we were led to the Pointless studio we passed the one for The Chase on the way! Richard has mentioned Bradley Walsh and Mark "The Beast" Labbett a few times on social media. I wouldn't be surprised if they see each other around sometimes.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    Well done Sandgrounder, but I do remember the jackpot didn't go in that show!
    Yes, the delay between answer and tower is weird and as you say, nerve wracking for those taking part!

On a side note, I didn't realise that The Chase was recorded at Elstree before we went there. As we were led to the Pointless studio we passed the one for The Chase on the way! Richard has mentioned Bradley Walsh and Mark "The Beast" Labbett a few times on social media. I wouldn't be surprised if they see each other around sometimes.

I thought The Chase was recorded at The South Bank Studios.

My Mum went to see the Alan Titchmarsh Show several times and she said twice that Bradley had come into the studio to say hello to the audience between recordings a as he was doing The Chase in the next studio.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    I thought The Chase was recorded at The South Bank Studios.
    It's possible they moved at some time, but it was definitely recorded at the ITV Studios near Waterloo when I was on it in series 6.

Aha! According to Wikipedia:
    Granada Studios, Manchester 2009
    The London Studios 2010-2013
    Teddington Studios 2013-2014
    Elstree Studios 2014-

They do get around, don't they? - but this is off-topic for the Pointless thread!
  • 3iff3iff Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Sam and Helen will be going out first round today.

edit - ah ! 2012 albums. They might stand a chance.

They'll be straight out in round 2 though.
    Exactly what I thought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    3iff wrote: »
    Exactly what I thought.

Yep, out in the second round and with a score of 200.
    Without even seeing the other contestants tonight I bet this pair of young, student teachers will go out in the first round.
  • 3iff3iff Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I bet they don't. Last night was S9-51. Tonight it's S10-15.

No, I don't know why either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    It's possible they moved at some time, but it was definitely recorded at the ITV Studios near Waterloo when I was on it in series 6.

Aha! According to Wikipedia:
    Granada Studios, Manchester 2009
    The London Studios 2010-2013
    Teddington Studios 2013-2014
    Elstree Studios 2014-

They do get around, don't they? - but this is off-topic for the Pointless thread!

I was on The Chase and it was ITV studios but that was 5 years ago now
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that a few people who have been on the show read these columns.

I'd be interested to know how long it takes to record a show. A lot longer than the 45 mins run time I fancy.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kauai
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoweyowl wrote: »

I'd be interested to know how long it takes to record a show. A lot longer than the 45 mins run time I fancy.

The day we were there they were to film 3 episodes. You are there for a long time before recording but once you get going it probably only takes just over one hour. They can rattle through it if few technical issues. As soon as one show starts they start the next one about 10 minutes later
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It didn't take much longer than 45 mins to record our show, we had a little break for a drink of water and a make up touch up before the head to head and they did a few 'pick ups' where Xander had fluffed a line but really iit was over in a flash!
  • lindenlealindenlea Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The celebrity editions can take quite a while longer, depending on whether there any 'personalities' to be managed. Most of the celebs on the episode we saw were perfectly lovely, but it only takes one or two who love the sound of their own voice to turn it into a bit of a marathon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst part was having to be at the studio for 7.45am on the day. We stayed over but it is still an early start. Filming began about 12.30 ish I think.