Mary was told on Sunday morning...........

dendadenda Posts: 1,751
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mary on Derek Mooney show on RTE (Irish radio) now - she said they were told INDIVIDUALLY by a researcher on SUNDAY MORNING that the format was being changed, and there would be a sing-off 'because for the first time there were 5 people in the semi-final'.

Comments

• dontyougetitdontyougetit Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how come they were told and yet the publuc who vote wasnt
  • mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    hmmmm even though they are trying to say that it had been decided weeks ago. How come the contestants only get to find out on the Sunday morning then. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    how come they were told and yet the publuc who vote wasnt

exactly. This was a decision made at the last minute because Cher wasn't getting the votes they would have liked. I cannot see how Simon Cowell etc can weedle themselves out of this one.
  • dendadenda Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary seems to be trusting Simon. She's not saying a bad word about him.

Though she agrees that it wasn't fair on the voting public.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, by Sunday morning they would have had a clear indication that there was very little between the two. Taking into account the voting en masse that led to Paije being saved once it was leaked, they probably, thought better safe than sorry. I am still betting that it would have gone to deadlock had Cher got more votes.

Ever the cynic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If by Sunday morning they already knew Cher would finish last, it just goes to show how far ahead the others were, and what little votes Cher had.
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    Oh well, by Sunday morning they would have had a clear indication that there was very little between the two. Taking into account the voting en masse that led to Paije being saved once it was leaked, they probably, thought better safe than sorry. I am still betting that it would have gone to deadlock had Cher got more votes.

Ever the cynic

Ever the realist ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    'because for the first time there were 5 people in the semi-final'.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. WTF kind of justifcation is that? What do the numbers have to do with anything? Whether they went to the public or judge's vote they would still end up with 4 acts regardless.

They can't even come up with a proper excuse.

When we see who Cher duets with next week, we will probably understand their reasons a little bit better. Wankstas!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Derek Mooney just asked if Mary if anyone (Simon, Louis, researchers, anyone...) had had a word with her, and told her to be careful what she said, because there'd be a lot of fuss/backlash after last night.

She said 'yes', but when pressed, wouldn't say who had spoken to her, and exactly what they'd said.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    denda wrote: »
    Mary seems to be trusting Simon. She's not saying a bad word about him.

Though she agrees that it wasn't fair on the voting public.

Maybe he's given her a back-hander!

;)
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    mmcd wrote: »
    This was a decision made at the last minute because Cher wasn't getting the votes they would have liked

Absolutely agree.
    Forum Member
    denda wrote: »
    Derek Mooney just asked if Mary if anyone (Simon, Louis, researchers, anyone...) had had a word with her, and told her to be careful what she said, because there'd be a lot of fuss/backlash after last night.

She said 'yes', but when pressed, wouldn't say who had spoken to her, and exactly what they'd said.

I would have more respect for the contestants if they just came out with what is going on behind the scenes. I know that they don't want to ruin their chances of a singing/showbiz career but to be fair Mary isn't really going to become the next Shirley Bassey/Barbra Streisand. She could make herself a heck of a lot more money if she spoke to one of the newspapers. It's time someone brought down Simon's house of cards. He thinks he is untouchable.
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will we still get to see the voting results after the winner is announced?

If so, I think these figures will reveal just what a fix this week really was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The final piece in the jigsaw showing that they would go for whichever option would keep in Cher.

A clear case of "let them eat cake" to the voters. Anyone who votes after this...
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much for ITV's claim that they decided weeks ago to have a sing off : they are lying through their teeth.

They made the decision for a sing off on Sunday morning when they saw Cher was in last place in the voting.And some people think this doesn't constitute voting fraud?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If by Sunday morning they already knew Cher would finish last, it just goes to show how far ahead the others were, and what little votes Cher had.

But it has been said time and time again that the majority of the votes are cast ON SUNDAY.

So on Sunday morning they must have had only a very vague indication of the final order, which surely they knew was subject to change by the time the lines closed.

my guess is that it was a rather close semi-final, and they just didn't want to risk it....not only for cher, but for the other acts too...what if all bottom three acts were pretty close, and what if matt or one direction were one of those acts?

why does it only have to be about cher? nobody really knows the voting percentages yet, yet still it's all a fix for cher....this forum is just blind with hatred.

what is obvious to me is that they wanted to have control over who was in the final and that they wanted to make sure mary wasn't there. other than that, no other conclusions can be drawn. and for all we know, mary might have come last anyway.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exactly. This was a decision made at the last minute because Cher wasn't getting the votes they would have liked. I cannot see how Simon Cowell etc can weedle themselves out of this one.
    Cher will be the first one out in the final so does it really matter?
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmmm even though they are trying to say that it had been decided weeks ago. How come the contestants only get to find out on the Sunday morning then. :rolleyes:

Because the producers are liars pure and simple.There was no mistake on the ITV website when it stated that the act would the fewest public votes would leave on Sunday evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary is mightily impressed with Louis.
    :)
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    How come they (contestants) were told and the public were not?
    Disgusting.
    If Cher was not getting the votes, tough.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just saw the morning interviews with Mary.

She said something like they had to make changes because they were four acts in the final this time, which is true.

She comes across really well and is happy to have gotten to the Semi.
    I hope she get her album because she deserves it.
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Cher will be the first one out in the final so does it really matter?

It makes no difference who the final two contestants were. The point is that they changed the rules because it didn't suit their agenda. No notification of the rule change was given to the voting public and in fact both Dermot and Louis made it clear that it was down to the public vote. If, as it is now known, that Mary and the other contestants were told on Sunday morning that it was now going to be a judges decision then the public should have been told too but they weren't. That is deliberate deception in my book and may even be tantamount to fraud.
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    I just saw the morning interviews with Mary.

She said something like they had to make changes because they were four acts in the final this time, which is true.
    She comes across really well and is happy to have gotten to the Semi.
    I hope she get her album because she deserves it.

There would be 4 acts in the final even if the public vote stood - this reason doesn't make any sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have more respect for the contestants if they just came out with what is going on behind the scenes. I know that they don't want to ruin their chances of a singing/showbiz career but to be fair Mary isn't really going to become the next Shirley Bassey/Barbra Streisand. She could make herself a heck of a lot more money if she spoke to one of the newspapers. It's time someone brought down Simon's house of cards. He thinks he is untouchable.

She can't speak out- the contract she signed won't allow her to- it's not just about losing out on future opportunities- she would be in breach of contract
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    She said on another interview that she was told Saturday that they had to pick songs for the sing off and on Sunday she practiced her song.