Why are you single?

SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just thought I would ask although obviously I know not everyone is single. Lots of people aren't. In my case I would say I am single because I don't have a job or career and therefore nothing to really offer a woman. I also don't meet that many women anyway.

I'm being entirely frank here, this isn't about advice (or I would have posted this elsewhere) just a general discussion point. What's your explanation

Comments

• Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I am single because I don't want to be in a relationship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Im a violent and abusive misogynist and spend all day getting drunk, fighting and stealing.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am single because I'm not attractive enough to be chased and too lazy to make the effort for myself.

I suppose that should be a ':o'.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I choose to be and LUV it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    I don't really make the effort. To be honest, I'm far too busy at the moment as it is with my studies and job.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am single because I'm not attractive enough to be chased and too lazy to make the effort for myself.

I suppose that should be a ':o'.

:cry:...
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Are people who aren't single, but who moan about their partner all the time, just pathetic people who can't stand their own company?
  • RoweyRowey Posts: 2,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm single by choice...

Hers.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I don't want to have my freedom halved. There are other things as well.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I've never met a woman yet who could accommodate my massive manhood!

Nah, that's a lie. I just wanted to read all the pitiful excuses from those who are destined to be forever alone.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as Mavis would say "I don't really know":D
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Most people tend to be single as a result of not having a boyfriend or girlfriend.
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always end up involved with psycho's who are incapable of sustaining a relationship and they always leave and end up buried in the garden.

They dont understand me, i'm a nice guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    I always end up involved with psycho's who are incapable of sustaining a relationship and they always leave and end up buried in the garden.

They dont understand me, i'm a nice guy.

Rob, is that you? :D:p
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm single because I don't like what's on offer. And I'd rather be single than hooked up with a skank.
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm hiv positive and I think this is barrier for too many people even though i'd got a lot to offer and i'm a hellishly decent guy
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm Single because I don't think I'm ready for a relationship. I like to be selfish.

I love myself. <3
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not good enough to get a girlfriend so have never had one. Simple.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't make the effort, and I don't want to share stuff with someone else*, unless she didn't mind never moving in, but then that would be selfish of me :p

*When I say I wouldn't want to share stuff with someone else I mean them moving in and getting to make decisions re what to watch tonight, eat, decorate etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    because I don't have the time or the sex drive...so it wouldn't be fair and also because I'm emigrating in 6 months and starting medical school
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too shy with men unless I know them pretty well. Also, I actually don't mind being single - I'm not especially bothered about whether I'm in a relationship or not. It's not one of my main aims in life, so I'll just see what happens and go with it. :)
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    I am not good enough to get a girlfriend so have never had one. Simple. I've always had a funny feeling its nature some how trying to get rid of my genes, we'll see.

Of course you are but the thing is most people in todays society aren't after an equal, they want more. they ignore their own status or "flaws" and aspire to attract the person they think they deserve, whether it's intellectual, physical or monetary or a combination of all three, which is usually the case.
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plipplop wrote: »
    Im a violent and abusive misogynist and spend all day getting drunk, fighting and stealing.

and attention seeking.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm single because I don't like what's on offer. And I'd rather be single than hooked up with a skank.

Same here :D
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here :D
    *High five* honey!