Is there a celebrity that you like that everyone else seems to hate!

Comments

• Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Savile! Despite the allegations
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Savile! Despite the allegations

Where is John McEnroe when he's needed?:eek:
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is John McEnroe when he's needed?:eek:

Seek & ye shall find DD .... Seek & ye shall find .. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1LzXf1TKQ
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell.. Before the botox!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Kristen Stewart
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seek & ye shall find DD .... Seek & ye shall find .. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1LzXf1TKQ

Why thank you JC.:D
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both Katie Price and her ex Peter Andre, & I like Victoria Beckam too,
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Clarkson - he has done so much to raise money for the good of the local community where I spent the first 20 years of my life, all for free, all unsung, all with good humour, and all because he wants to out of gratitude for what that community has done for his children since he moved there and the benefits they got from growing up there. That's the Jeremy the town knows, not the image he portrays on TV!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russell Brand - if you read his erudite and thoughtful newspaper pieces, you'll realise there's more to him than an ex-junkie, womanising goth/dandy figure.

Pamela Anderson - a friend of mine works in the media and when she was in panto in the UK she did a diary for the paper. Said she was a sweetheart and no trouble at all to work with.

Sarah Jessica Parker - seems down to earth for a Hollywood star.
  • paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Clarkson - he has done so much to raise money for the good of the local community where I spent the first 20 years of my life, all for free, all unsung, all with good humour, and all because he wants to out of gratitude for what that community has done for his children since he moved there and the benefits they got from growing up there. That's the Jeremy the town knows, not the image he portrays on TV!

When I saw the title thread, Jeremy Clarkeson was the first name I thought of. I don't agree with his politics but think he is a brlliant host.Whatever programme he's on he's always great entertainment.
    Glad to see there is another side to him.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anthony Cotton
    Jonathan Ross
    Piers Morgan
    Adrian Chiles
    Clarkson
    Russell Brand
    Ricky Gervais
    Chris Moyles

All of these are taken far too seriously when they are actually very self-depracating and tongue in cheek. Moyles comes across as actually quite shy and humble in his autobiographies, as does Gervais on Twitter.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I see no problem with his tv image. :confused: He's funny, opinionated, loves to provoke and happily takes the pee out of himself just as much as he does other people/things. I'll take his brand of bullish 'like it or lump it' any day of the week over the endless parade of anodyne presenters/celebs whose energies go into dumbed-down people-pleasing. There have been a couple of times when he's maybe gone too far but generally, he's a breath of fresh air in a PC-riddled world. Also, it's the image he portrays on tv that's won him a huge international audience so that in itself proves his loveability. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Every time I read one of your posts jp, I always learn something new.

Didn't know any of that about JC.:)
  • Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russell Brand
    Pamela Anderson
    Jonathan Ross
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holly Willoughby an awful lot of people dont seem to like her at all but i think she is just amazing!
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Picklebum wrote: »
    Nor me. I like the fact that she is upfront about everything and honest unlike most of the Z listers .

Yeah I quite like KP for this reason too.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Katona
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kristen Stewart
    Cheryl Cole
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I see no problem with his tv image. :confused: He's funny, opinionated, loves to provoke and happily takes the pee out of himself just as much as he does other people/things. I'll take his brand of bullish 'like it or lump it' any day of the week over the endless parade of anodyne presenters/celebs whose energies go into dumbed-down people-pleasing. There have been a couple of times when he's maybe gone too far but generally, he's a breath of fresh air in a PC-riddled world. Also, it's the image he portrays on tv that's won him a huge international audience so that in itself proves his loveability. :)

Agree Lexi. Most of his comments are made with a smile on his face and his tongue firmly planted in is cheek and he loves the reaction he gets. I find him hilarious and, like you, I'd watch him and laugh at his non PC humour all day long over the endless sea of bland we get fed on tv these days
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got time for Gweneth Paltrow. Sure some of her ideas about how much normal people can spend is unrealistic but not eating crap is a good idea, she's actually a good actress not a reality celebrity plus her private life is mostly private.

Gwenyth for me too. She means well and come across as a nice and funny person. I like Victoria Beckham and the Jolie-Pitts too.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Posh. Never get why she's so disliked.

Her only negative seems to be the constant tottering about on high heels in inappropriate places.

She can look moody and never smiles but I think she's always just been insecure - you can't change your personality.

She spends a lot of time with her family and just gets on with it.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamelia!
    I think she's fabulous but everyone on DS hates her
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen Flanagan, she's harmless, don't get the hate.
    Vanessa Feltz
    Russell Brand
    Ricky Gervais
    Jonathan Ross
    Pamela Anderson
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..David Beckham, I don't remember him saying anything stupid or ignorant or anything infact he has always come across as a sweet person and yet he just seems to have this outpouring of hatred.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Kristen Stewart
    Jeremey Clarkson

I just don't understand why everybody else has such hate for them, especially Kristen.