Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Comments

• deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've received my copy today. Wasn't expecting it this quick. Only ordered it on Tuesday from Simplygames
  • Adam LawAdam Law Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My simply games order was dispatched today. Hoping it arrives by Saturday. Then I get a weekend with it.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've received my copy today. Wasn't expecting it this quick. Only ordered it on Tuesday from Simplygames

I received mine from simplygames today too, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a shame tonight is the only night I can play it until Tuesday anyway.

Game crashed once for me - which crashed the whole console but apart from that I am quite enjoying it, getting used to the sandbox environment and everything though - makes the game harder for me
  • Wayne321Wayne321 Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    argh! I hope mine comes tomorrow - just reading that GS review makes the game sound so awesome. I have played nearly all the MGS games with MGS3 and PW my favorites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to play about an hour last night and had barely managed to get anywhere.

I only just managed to get to:
    Just got out of the hospital when the ambulance crashed.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Adam Law wrote: »
    My simply games order was dispatched today. Hoping it arrives by Saturday. Then I get a weekend with it.

Mine was dispatched from Game Collection yesterday along with Gears of War.

Mad Max however (also out 1st) has yet to be dispatched.
  • JimezJimez Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Seems places like GAME, Shopto and Amazon are adhering to the embargo on shipping orders ready for Tuesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I would mention is that the online servers are currently offline (not a surprise as the game is not offically out) so I'm not sure what impact this might have when they are turned on and what you have done so far.
    Forum Member
    Jimez wrote: »
    Seems places like GAME, Shopto and Amazon are adhering to the embargo on shipping orders ready for Tuesday.

Its not the adhering to the embargo, there is no postal collection on Monday as its a bank holiday so unless they have arranged special post collections on the Saturday, or they are all dispatched today, they might not get here for Tuesday.

Simply and The Games Collection are just covering their arses.
  • Ben_WBen_W Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Is the trophy list not showing for everyone else?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben_W wrote: »

I can't say I've checked, but when I launched the game for the first time, it said something like building trophy list
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben_W wrote: »

Not showing for me yet either.

Played through the intro yesterday. It was amazing and absolutely batshit mental as you'd expect from a Kojima game :D
  • wolverinewolverine Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my dispatch email from Zavvi this morning. It'll arrive tomorrow hopefully.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I've wanted to get this but never played through mgs3 as I never really liked it. So I've decided to try and get through 3 and Peace Walker before Tuesday. I think I'm about two thirds of the way through atm and don't understand why I didn't like it when I was younger. I'm not keen on the jungle setting but the story is good and the action is basic mgs action, what's not to like? I think I'll finish this today and try to get through Peace Walker during the long weekend. Wish me luck.
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I've wanted to get this but never played through mgs3 as I never really liked it. So I've decided to try and get through 3 and Peace Walker before Tuesday. I think I'm about two thirds of the way through atm and don't understand why I didn't like it when I was younger. I'm not keen on the jungle setting but the story is good and the action is basic mgs action, what's not to like? I think I'll finish this today and try to get through Peace Walker during the long weekend. Wish me luck.

I found the Story of Peace Walker fairly quick! I thought I was only half way though the game when I got to the final fight and was very shocked when the game played the credits!. I think you could get through it in a day if you just binged on it :)
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Ordered MGS from Amazon on PS4 and its preparing for dispatch. Hopefully I get it over weekend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jxbrenna wrote: »
    I found the Story of Peace Walker fairly quick! I thought I was only half way though the game when I got to the final fight and was very shocked when the game played the credits!. I think you could get through it in a day if you just binged on it :)

Brilliant :) I can see me getting 5 on Tuesday then, and coincidently I need to take a days holiday from work to wait for some furniture to be delivered, that worked out well :D
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    Is there any bad language in the game? Does anyone know?

I might give it a shot if the language stays family friendly like other entries in the series.
    Forum Member
    Mine never turned up!!

Gears of War did that was posted at the same time mind you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mgs3 complete ☺
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »

I might give it a shot if the language stays family friendly like other entries in the series.

I've played through the prologue and the first mission. Haven't noticed any bad language.
  • DarksiderDarksider Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Chparmar wrote: »

Taken from PEGI website...
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Konami Digital Entertainment BV
    The content of this game is suitable for persons aged 18 years and over only.
    It contains: Extreme violence - Multiple, motiveless killing - Violence towards defenceless people - Strong language
    Forum Member
    I've never seen an intro to a game like this before - and doubt I ever will again.

Truly breathtaking.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Got my copy from Amazon yesterday. Still haven't played it :o

Hopefully can get an hour in before i go to bed. If not will be starting tomorrow!
  • youngmiffmcniffyoungmiffmcniff Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I've only ever played MGS on the first Playstation & the majority of 4 on the PS3. Would it be ok to play this without knowing the full story?