Options

Has Eamon Holmes upset another co-presenter?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
Forum Member
I have noticed that Lorna Dunkerley, Is no longer doing sky news sunrise, with Eamon.

Hmmmm has Eamon used his power and large girth to muscle out another co-presenter??? :D:D:D:D

Comments

• Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that Lorna Dunkerley, Is no longer doing sky news sunrise, with Eamon.

Hmmmm has Eamon used his power and large girth to muscle out another co-presenter??? :D:D:D:D
    it appears to me that "Old Lardy boy" wants to take over ske like "la phillips" has at GMTV!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Next stop he will be interviewing non-entity showbiz starlets etc in his own show a la Wogan. Has anyone noticed the reduction in News Stories on both Sky News and News 24. Dumbing down.
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,224
    Forum Member

Of course Lorna maybe on extended leave i.e maternity or she could just be on a regular holiday.
  • Options
    p-51dp-51d Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was on sunday evening.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was no chemistry between Lorna and Eamonn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote:
    There was no chemistry between Lorna and Eamonn.
    Dont think there is any chemistry between Holmes and anyone
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only chemistry going on is between the pies and his stomach!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote:
    The only chemistry going on is between the pies and his stomach!
    All togehter now... "who ate all the pies who ate all the pies" :D:D:D:
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    it appears to me that "Old Lardy boy" wants to take over ske like "la phillips" has at GMTV!

Why? Does Fiona believe she is credible?

Her style of journalism is ideal........for those "who grew the biggest marrow" stories.

Dan
  • Options
    hard_to_beathard_to_beat Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holmes is a joke, he left GMTV because he said it was becoming too celeb based and ignored news... and then I saw him on This Morning today - surely the most celeb obsessed programme on daytime tv bar none! His just out to make himself as much money as possible, and if he give it the old 'Billy Bigtime' then that's a massive bonus for him.

He gives Northern Ireland a bad name.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lorna Dunkley has been moved to weekends at Sky News - Charlotte Hawkins has taken her place at Sunrise
  • Options
    travel_guytravel_guy Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Dan Sette wrote:

Her style of journalism is ideal........for those "who grew the biggest marrow" stories.

Dan

Fiona is very patronising .I hate it when she interviews some down on their luck member of the public she talks at them not to them .I always associate her with the Victoria Wood comedy Live With Pam played by Julie Walters.It was about a patronising daytime tv host.

I can't bear GMTV prefer BBC Breakfast at least it's not all about MRS Sonsos complaint about her fridge to Currys !!!!.
  • Options
    travel_guytravel_guy Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Holmes is a joke, he left GMTV because he said it was becoming too celeb based and ignored news... and then I saw him on This Morning today - surely the most celeb obsessed programme on daytime tv bar none! His just out to make himself as much money as possible, and if he give it the old 'Billy Bigtime' then that's a massive bonus for him.

Yesterday i thought it was ironic that he mentioned an item that was on SKY news earlier and there he was on ITV.
  • Options
    woodysdadwoodysdad Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not the first then!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Next stop he will be interviewing non-entity showbiz starlets etc in his own show a la Wogan. Has anyone noticed the reduction in News Stories on both Sky News and News 24. Dumbing down.

Yes, which is interesting, because at the time Holmes left GMTV one of the reasons he gave was because they didn't do enough hard news stories - the same reason he gave when joing Sky, that he wanted to go back to serious news...
  • Options
    Mickey BlueMickey Blue Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dumd down when the hell has SKY News been high brow or anything but dumbed down , and the biggest and fattest dummy is presenting Sunrise.

Eamon Holmes is a total numzoid :D
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jbdj wrote:
    Yes, which is interesting, because at the time Holmes left GMTV one of the reasons he gave was because they didn't do enough hard news stories - the same reason he gave when joing Sky, that he wanted to go back to serious news...
    He also said when he left GMTV:

1. He would never work on a Breakfast show again
    2. He would never work (on TV) with his partner as it would be too much like being at home
    Clearly a man of his word..... :confused:
  • Options
    rhodrhod Posts: 3,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jbdj wrote:
    he wanted to go back to serious news...

His definition of serious news being sat in front of a newsroom graphic with his lardy bits parked under a desk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhod wrote:
    His definition of serious news being sat in front of a newsroom graphic with his lardy bits parked under a desk.
    I have the uneasy feeling of what "old lardy boy" looks like in HD maybe he looks like this

http://www.wandco.com/wp-content/uploads/DoughBoy500.jpg
  • Options
    rhodrhod Posts: 3,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shudder to think what monstrosities a full length HD rendition of Eatmore Holmes would reveal......

(totally off topic - little known fact that Dale Winton has to broadcast in a studio at Arctic temperatures, because he's a bit sweaty - most of the crew has to wear big coats & stuff)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote:

Dan
    But fiona will never get sacked.......why her husband is GMTV head Editor :sleep:
  • Options
    gillwgillw Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Lorna may be pregnant which is why she may have come off the morning shift....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillw wrote:
    I think Lorna may be pregnant which is why she may have come off the morning shift....
    They all seem to be doing that recently
  • Options
    gillwgillw Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all seem to be doing that recently

Must be something in the water.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillw wrote: