Can someone give an example of Tulisa abusing Chris or... ?

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Ah, I'm sure at others time she's said there might be a market for him (mother's day etc) but that she doesn't think he's a star, all of which are valid comments and nowhere near as harsh as Gary and Louis have been or as forum members are claiming she has been. But yeah, I'm not disagreeing, just saying it's not abuse.

In any event, the semi final and final are going to pose a big problem for Tulisa and Louis. They've spent most of the series rubbishing Chris as an artist, saying how cheesy, unoriginal and karaoke he is and how he belongs in Blackpool or Benidorm etc. If they were to criticise him in the final, they would come across as extremely bitter and ungracious.
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about his disrespect to the judges how in the early stages tried to help him. When any other act is offered a critique such as "maybe try something different next week" they take it as a challenge and run with it, when Chris was asked to maybe try something modern we got "I'm just doing what me fans want and they made me peoples choice so i'm doing it for them and they seem to like it"

Would it have killed him to try something a bit more up to date? Everyone else has managed to mix it up between new and old, why should the judges not give him the same comments?

Except the contestants don't choose the songs, they are chosen for them, no matter if songs are unsuitable. Chris has been given old-fashioned types of songs, and maybe it's because some think it suits his style, so he has to sing them, and indeed if his fans like them, then that's who he is singing to.

No one has to buy anything they don't like, so what's the big deal!!
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    In any event, the semi final and final are going to pose a big problem for Tulisa and Louis. They've spent most of the series rubbishing Chris as an artist, saying how cheesy, unoriginal and karaoke he is and how he belongs in Blackpool or Benidorm etc. If they were to criticise him in the final, they would come across as extremely bitter and ungracious.

Mmmm. They've always said he's good vocally, but they're there to judge and they think he's cheesy. Tulisa even said "Vocally you're good and I accept you're here so I'm just going to go along and enjoy the performance." She'll probably say something similar in the final if he gets there (hopefully).
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    Except the contestants don't choose the songs, they are chosen for them, no matter if songs are unsuitable. Chris has been given old-fashioned types of songs, and maybe it's because some think it suits his style, so he has to sing them, and indeed if his fans like them, then that's who he is singing to.

No one has to buy anything they don't like, so what's the big deal!!

If this was the case, that songs are chosen for them. Wouldn't Christopher constantly singing the ballads that his voting fans love, completely fly in the face of claims the producers are doing "everything" to stop him winning? Surely to do that, giving him a rap number with full choreography would be a simple way of getting rid of him. I'm not saying you claim the producers are trying to get rid of him, but many on here do.

In all the years of acts being eliminated due to poor song choices, you would expect someone to have come out and said "we have no say in the song choices"
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm. They've always said he's good vocally, but they're there to judge and they think he's cheesy. Tulisa even said "Vocally you're good and I accept you're here so I'm just going to go along and enjoy the performance." She'll probably say something similar in the final if he gets there (hopefully).

No they haven't. The first time they said he sang well vocally was last week...obviously a change in strategy to try to undermine the perceived sympathy vote.

What is 'cheesy' and 'I don't get it' and the other guff she comes out with. These comments are completely meaningless. Also, what is the point in slagging off the staging - Chris has absolutely no say over that whatsoever. Thankfully, the viewing public have ears...perhaps if Tulisa had realised that instead of trying to make Ella sing a totally unrecognisable version of a classic song last week she might still have an act.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    natalian wrote: »
    No they haven't. The first time they said he sang well vocally was last week...obviously a change in strategy to try to undermine the perceived sympathy vote.

This is a blatant lie. Tulisa (at least) has said on many occasions before last week that she thinks Chris has a great voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whilst lavishing praise on James and Jahmene at the same time though? Some would say that was rather disrespectful and unsportsmanlike.
    Forum Member

What is 'cheesy' and 'I don't get it' and the other guff she comes out with. These comments are completely meaningless. Also, what is the point in slagging off the staging - Chris has absolutely no say over that whatsoever. Thankfully, the viewing public have ears...perhaps if Tulisa had realised that instead of trying to make Ella sing a totally unrecognisable version of a classic song last week she might still have an act.

Yeah, you're lying. They always say he's got a good voice. Every single week, I reckon. They weren't slagging off the staging, they were laughing at it... because it was funny.

I want Chris to win, for the record, and dislike both Ella and Tulisa.
    Whilst lavishing praise on James and Jahmene at the same time though? Some would say that was rather disrespectful and unsportsmanlike.

But she's there to judge, and always says he's got a good voice. How is that disrespectful. If she thinks he's cheesy then that's what she thinks. I'm sure if she turned round and said "Oh you're great!" people would just slate her for being a hypocrite. Whatever she does, it's wrong.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you're lying. They always say he's got a good voice. Every single week, I reckon. They weren't slagging off the staging, they were laughing at it... because it was funny.

I want Chris to win, for the record, and dislike both Ella and Tulisa.

Well, no doubt as you are such an expert, you will produce a transcript of the judges comments from every week of the live shows to demonstrate your point. We can then disect and analyse her every word....and we can see how complimentary she has been to Chris throughout.
    Forum Member
    Well, no doubt as you are such an expert, you will produce a transcript of the judges comments from every week of the live shows to demonstrate your point. We can then disect and analyse her every word....and we can see how complimentary she has been to Chris throughout.

Not really, I just remember her praising his vocals a lot. Perhaps I've just got a brilliant memory.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member

Week 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=te79K32rRqM#t=298s
    Week 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ivpUW3UamsM&list=ULivpUW3UamsM#t=234s
    Week 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ok-GLiBVQN0&list=ULok-GLiBVQN0#t=227s

I can't be bothered looking for the rest, but that's 3 weeks out of the first 4 she was complimentary of his voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »

Week 1, fully constructive
    Week 2, fully constructive (week 1's advice ignored by Christopher)
    Week 4, Constructive, even comments on good staging (so it's not just the bad staging that is commented on) and she mentions that the comments each week are the same and it's in Gary's hands to try and change that.

Gary throws comments like "oh you should have tried something a bit riskier" "that was a bit safe" etc but if anyone says it about his act it is thrown back at them like they are being nasty.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she looks at him when he's performing. If she doesn't, how come she comments on the staging? And she has said repeatedly that he deserves to be there if people are voting, she just doesn't think it's for the right reason in every single case.

Examples don't count if they're made up.

Watch last nights show when chris sings dancing on the ceiling - she doesnt even turn round - she stares ahead looking bored.
    Rude cow.
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this was the case, that songs are chosen for them. Wouldn't Christopher constantly singing the ballads that his voting fans love, completely fly in the face of claims the producers are doing "everything" to stop him winning? Surely to do that, giving him a rap number with full choreography would be a simple way of getting rid of him. I'm not saying you claim the producers are trying to get rid of him, but many on here do.

In all the years of acts being eliminated due to poor song choices, you would expect someone to have come out and said "we have no say in the song choices"

Songs have always been chosen by the producers, and judges pretend that contestants do their own chosing, but if you look at the type of contestants on the show, you'd know they'd run a mile from a lot of them. One year, forgot which one now, but a contestant did say they didn't choose the song they had to sing, which caused a lot of kerfuffle.

I think what's been done re Chris is quite the opposite, that they want him to be the next Michael Buble style of performer.

Other feeling I've got is a smoke-screen is being played out regards Chris, where a contestant is picked on quite a lot, while another contestant becomes invisible. Viewers then start talking about Chris, and this other contestant manages to climb his way upwards. There's one contestant who has the pop star quality about him, but hasn't a lot of charisma, which might not matter, as he could grow given enough time. I'm watching this one to see how he fares.
    Forum Member
    Watch last nights show when chris sings dancing on the ceiling - she doesnt even turn round - she stares ahead looking bored.
    Rude cow.

A lot of the time the judges don't turn around when they perform on the walkway. I'm not really sure why—I would—but she's not alone in that and it's not exactly rude. Even for guest acts. Maybe the chairs don't turn so they don't. Anyway, that's not abuse or even really rude. I mean really? You're criticising her for perceived rudeness and then call her a cow? I mean... seriously?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Bagshot85 wrote: »
    Yeah, she threatened to assult him with an epliator.
    Oh wait, that was...nvm. :o

hilarious but now you've just reminded me of the hideous connor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Week 1, fully constructive
    Week 2, fully constructive (week 1's advice ignored by Christopher)
    Week 4, Constructive, even comments on good staging (so it's not just the bad staging that is commented on) and she mentions that the comments each week are the same and it's in Gary's hands to try and change that.

Gary throws comments like "oh you should have tried something a bit riskier" "that was a bit safe" etc but if anyone says it about his act it is thrown back at them like they are being nasty.

Which probably suggests her change in tone towards Chris was producer led (ditto with Louis). I get the impression the producers were still confident before week 3 and 4 that they could still dampen down Chris's vote and get him off the show : it's probably only when they saw the week 4 and 5 results that panic began to set in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which probably suggests her change in tone towards Chris was producer led (ditto with Louis). I get the impression the producers were still confident before week 3 and 4 that they could still dampen down Chris's vote and get him off the show : it's probably only when they saw the week 4 and 5 results that panic began to set in.

I think the change in tone progressed over each week, and Tulisa openly admitted it. She said there was no point trying to be constructive anymore because he was an act she wasn't going to get. From that point on she simply commented,and was less constructive, which may have made her seem harsher.

Again this producer lead thing, only seems to tie in to arguments when it suits people. So producers choose songs, they give Christopher what the fans want and what puts him in winning position. Yet at the same time they are trying to dampen his vote? This makes no sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of the time the judges don't turn around when they perform on the walkway. I'm not really sure why—I would—but she's not alone in that and it's not exactly rude. Even for guest acts. Maybe the chairs don't turn so they don't. Anyway, that's not abuse or even really rude. I mean really? You're criticising her for perceived rudeness and then call her a cow? I mean... seriously?
    Actually, you are right.

I shouldn't call her a cow.
    What have cows done to deserve that?
    Forum Member
    Actually, you are right.

I shouldn't call her a cow.
    What have cows done to deserve that?

Haha. It's funny because you used a joke to deflect from the fact I had a point.
  • kaceyykaceyy Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

if that's honestly what they believe, and then switch on the final and say something positive people on here will probably say she's a fake and just trying to suck up to the public since he seems like the favourite.. one thing i hate though is how both louis who had westlife and tulisa who has had some cheesy song performances both have a dig at chris for being cheesy. However i don't think they should change tact now he's in the final, if that's what they honestly feel about him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha. It's funny because you used a joke to deflect from the fact I had a point.

It doesnt matter what you or i say, you cant get away from the fact that she is a judge on a primetime tv show that could potentially impress millions of kids who will think it's okay to be rude and diss people like she does.

It isn't okay. It's horrible and nasty and it frustrates me that she does this.

Calling people names is immature, I know, and I apologise but then im not a role model... neither am i being paid a fortune to behave like that!
    Forum Member
    It doesnt matter what you or i say, you cant get away from the fact that she is a judge on a primetime tv show that could potentially impress millions of kids who will think it's okay to be rude and diss people like she does!

I'm not a role model either, I just don't see her being rude or dissing people. All I see is her commenting fairly on performances. Gary is the only judge to be outright rude, and has even apologised for it, so he obviously thought so too. I think Tulisa's commentary is dull and usually disagree with her, but I don't think she's doing it to be mean.
  • kaceyykaceyy Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesnt matter what you or i say, you cant get away from the fact that she is a judge on a primetime tv show that could potentially impress millions of kids who will think it's okay to be rude and diss people like she does.

It isn't okay. It's horrible and nasty and it frustrates me that she does this.

Calling people names is immature, I know, and I apologise but then im not a role model... neither am i being paid a fortune to behave like that!

that's the point though, she isn't calling him names, she hasn't referred to anyone as "a cow", so she's being payed to be honest and judge each act on their performances.. whether you agree with her or not..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaceyy wrote: »
    that's the point though, she isn't calling him names, she hasn't referred to anyone as "a cow", so she's being payed to be honest and judge each act on their performances.. whether you agree with her or not..

She hasn't apologised either - I have.