Full Freetime England & Wales Only

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
Forum Member
ITV player is disabled on all ITV channels in Northern Ireland even though utv/itv1 is the only regional channel. Itv hd is also removed.

I think this is the same in Scotland.

Work around is a English postcode, but you lose UTV/STV from freesat. You can get UTV/STV on non-freesat but it takes 11 key presses to get to get there with a Humax HDR-1000S :rolleyes:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Raised a complaint with the ASA regarding these products being sold by major retailers without stating the ITV player was only availiable in England and Wales.

Result below :)

"As you know, we’ve been looking into your complaint against various retailers for the Humax products: HDR 1000S, HDR1010S & HB 1000S.

We’ve now been in contact with Humax about this matter, and with a view to acting quickly we requested changes. I’m please to advise that the advertisers have agreed to agreed to contact all of their retailers for these products and get them to include the condition “* ITV Player is available in England, Wales and The Channel Islands.”, without the need for a formal investigation.

We will therefore be closing our file on this basis. Basic information will appear on our website, www.asa.org.uk, on 27th November.

I do hope that this outcome is satisfactory to you, and finally I’d like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to raise your concerns with us."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Glad you got a result. I complained about exactly that a year ago after launch and was fobbed off with a reply that they were satisfied with the advertising. I clearly made the mistake of complaining about the Freesat and Humax websites rather than the actual retailers.