Options

The amount of deaths in Hollyoaks is ridiculous.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Peter_GazzardPeter_Gazzard Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most needless death was Rachel's IMO she had good chemistry with Nathan,her character was probably thought of as too normal to fit in longterm
  • Options
    AEC2600AEC2600 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most needless death was Rachel's IMO she had good chemistry with Nathan,her character was probably thought of as too normal to fit in longterm

Completely agree with this. A complete waste
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was thinking this too. Don't even watch it but others do in my house and every time I catch a glimpse it's always that. Every week. WTH!!! I'd be bored if I was a fan.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Was thinking the same. I don't think any of the other soaps have as many deaths as Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member

Yep true. And all the more pointless because as per, her death was forgotten about in all of 5 minutes.

And then Nathan becomes best buddies (and would have been lovers) with Cleo who had LIED about what had happened in the run up to Rachel's death, ffs!! Welcome to Hollyoaks land eh!:(
  • Options
    DeputyGuttersonDeputyGutterson Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    The writers just aren't talented enough to plot well paced, nuanced storylines. That, or they're not allowed to. Either way, the end result is a mess. The are plenty of soaps that are over the top, but they tend to be fun as well. Sunset Beach was completely mental, but it was a lot of fun. Hollyoaks is over the top with none of the fun. They need a new producer on board to revive the show. Remember when characters had long running friendships with each other? Good times.
  • Options
    Happy_MummyHappy_Mummy Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch it sometimes if im waiting for other soaps to start soon and i can never take it seriously. Every male and female actor looks like a model, they all dress so well and always groomed. The storylines are far fetched, like when i watched one once where this school girl was drugged by her friend and dragged to this dungeon like place. Just made me laugh how silly it was.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand this show and the talentless posers sorry 'actors' on it.
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    I watch it sometimes if im waiting for other soaps to start soon and i can never take it seriously. Every male and female actor looks like a model, they all dress so well and always groomed. The storylines are far fetched, like when i watched one once where this school girl was drugged by her friend and dragged to this dungeon like place. Just made me laugh how silly it was.

You don't know the half of it. At one point that dungeon seemed to be a permanent fixture the way somebody seemed to be unconscious or held hostage in there every other episode!:(

And yes, the way everyone is immaculate all the time no matter what's going on in their lives, is laughable!

But dya know despite the way I'm going on about it I'll still watch it tomorrow without fail in bed whilst nursing my sore head. It's my Sunday ritual! Lol. I hope Dirk's in it, I love him. You can keep all your pretty boy model types, kind-hearted rugged Dirk does it for me:p
  • Options
    Peter_GazzardPeter_Gazzard Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours also had a hole in the ground for characters to get trapped in
  • Options
    AEC2600AEC2600 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunset Beach was completely mental, but it was a lot of fun.

Exactly. Everyone was in on the joke and it worked. All the other attempts to copy it however do not seem to have worked. And if hollyoaks is trying to copy it, it is failing so badly it's actually not funny.
    Hollyoaks is over the top with none of the fun. They need a new producer on board to revive the show. Remember when characters had long running friendships with each other? Good times.

Exactly. Hollyoaks is no fun, it's mostly nasty, mostly full of horrible characters and genuinely draining. I can't stop watching though, because i hope in some strange way that it will get better.
  • Options
    icekittenicekitten Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writers just aren't talented enough to plot well paced, nuanced storylines. That, or they're not allowed to. Either way, the end result is a mess. The are plenty of soaps that are over the top, but they tend to be fun as well. Sunset Beach was completely mental, but it was a lot of fun. Hollyoaks is over the top with none of the fun. They need a new producer on board to revive the show. Remember when characters had long running friendships with each other? Good times.

I miss the long running friendships on Hollyoaks, like Kris Fisher and John Paul. Now all the characters seem to stay in their own little bubbles and don't speak to anyone unless they're related or sleeping together.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    icekitten wrote: »
    I miss the long running friendships on Hollyoaks, like Kris Fisher and John Paul. Now all the characters seem to stay in their own little bubbles and don't speak to anyone unless they're related or sleeping together.
    BIB - Or both.