Is anyne using an iphone 4. ?

2»

Comments

• whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    More half truths and unsubstantiated nonsense, the iPhone 4 supports all the top apps. I don't know any that won't run on the iPhone 4 Infact.

Have you not read all the thread? Its about the future not now. The 3GS has loads of apps that cant run because apple has disabled features on it for the latest iOS.

Half truths? Interest. Would you mind clarifying that for the OP so they know the entire truth regarding apps not working on old iPhones?
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Not everyone wants a cheap product.

I'm not talking low quality chinese knock off phones here. I'm talking genuine products that cost less but are superior than the iPhone 4. The Galaxy S2 for example is cheaper than the iPhone 4 in cost, yet is better in every way than the iPhone 4 in terms of hardware and software. Yes it may be made of cheaper materials but look at the drop test and tell me the iPhone 4 is a premium product when it shatters straight away yet the Galaxy S2 has no scratches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKxgsrJFhw

So it's not a cheap product, it's a better value product that suits the OP's needs.

My friends dad wanted to buy an iPad for £400 just becuase my friend told him that they could use facetime for free so they could communicate when she was at uni.

I installed skype on his laptop that he had already.... saved him £400.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you not read all the thread? Its about the future not now. The 3GS has loads of apps that cant run because apple has disabled features on it for the latest iOS.

Half truths? Interest. Would you mind clarifying that for the OP so they know the entire truth regarding apps not working on old iPhones?

Just to clarify for the OP, Apple doesn't disable existing features of the phone. It just doesn't bring all the features of the latest OS to old models. (I know you weren't implying the former; I just wanted to clarify.)

I just checked the Top 20 paid apps and the first 20 in the New and Noteworthy section again. I only found two apps that don't work on the 3GS. One was a photo editing thing so I'm not sure why. It looked like maybe it needed a front-facing camera. The other had demanding graphics and so only works on the 4S and up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so far.
    BTW i still have a 12 yr old Thinkpad, on win 2k which i sometimes use. Thats my love of old technology, and while win2k is not supported, it does work.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    I'm not talking low quality chinese knock off phones here. I'm talking genuine products that cost less but are superior than the iPhone 4. The Galaxy S2 for example is cheaper than the iPhone 4 in cost, yet is better in every way than the iPhone 4 in terms of hardware and software. Yes it may be made of cheaper materials but look at the drop test and tell me the iPhone 4 is a premium product when it shatters straight away yet the Galaxy S2 has no scratches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKxgsrJFhw

So it's not a cheap product, it's a better value product that suits the OP's needs.

My friends dad wanted to buy an iPad for £400 just becuase my friend told him that they could use facetime for free so they could communicate when she was at uni.

I installed skype on his laptop that he had already.... saved him £400.

I wholeheartedly agree that many other products may offer better value and quality and maybe build quality too but the fact remains many people want a certain product for it's style and design over and above any other feature.

Of course whether they've investigated the other options or just blindly bought an iphone I can't say.
  • Young TurksYoung Turks Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the maximum download speed of Iphone 4 over 3G and Wifi these days?

Some youtube videos show it up to 7mbps some up to 14mbps
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the maximum download speed of Iphone 4 over 3G and Wifi these days?

Some youtube videos show it up to 7mbps some up to 14mbps

Mine can do 21 Mbps down and it isn't the fastest out there.