Clothes you don't normally wear

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
Forum Member
I don't normally wear skirts or dresses..i wouldn't feel comfy in them..I always wear jeans, jeggings and leggings..my legs never get shown lol..I have lost weight too, but still wouldn't wear one..I have seen a nice skirt in River Island today in the sale, but i not sure lol,,i bet its gone if i go look tomorrow, it be ok round the house, like if it's warm for the garden or going to the spar in :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Can you wear tights with them? Something with a high denier perhaps so your legs don't feel on show as such.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I always see you buying leggings in the other thread. Maybe you could ease yourself into them by getting dresses or tunic type tops to go with them and then once you're comfortable go for tights/bare. If you have an interest in wearing them that is.

Either way go wild and get the skirt!!
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    I don't wear skirts or dresses either. I never wear scarves even in the coldest part of winter, they just don't suit me.

I usually wear a T-Shirt, covered by a jumper in Winter. And Jeans.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont normally wear clothes.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polo necks. Can't stand that restrictive feeling around my neck.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polo necks. Can't stand that restrictive feeling around my neck.

Responding to the title of this thread not just randomly putting polo necks!
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    I don't really wear tailored jackets. If it's cold I need a proper coat and if it's warm I prefer a cardigan or jumper for my outer layer. There are probably perfect little windows in Spring and autumn where I could wear one of my jackets, but it just never happens.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't worn trousers for over 20 years, except for jeans and I only started wearing them about 2 years ago when I discovered Levi Curve
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Skinny jeans, although I bought my first pair the other week. I prefer bootcut or slim/straight jeans normally.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeans of any kind!
  • tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tops or dresses with one shoulder or even worse with one sleeve that is then split down the middle. I don't know why, but I just can't stand the look.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I don't usually wear shorts as my legs are pale. Though last summer it was just too hot so I bought a few pairs of denim shorts. I'm not too happy about the paleness but at least I have slender legs so I can take comfort in that lol.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Heels, because I'm quite tall (5'7) and because I thought I'd look like Whoppi Goldberg in Ghost if I did. I started wearing sandals with a heel this summer, and now mid high Chelsea boots.

I love wearing them and prefer them to most of my flats.That said I reckon I do look a bit like Whoopi tottering down the street in them, but I don't care.

I never used to wear dresses either, but I love them too now, so go for it. Winter is the perfect time to try. Wear them with opaque tights, high boots and a cardi if you like.
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Heels, because I'm quite tall (5'7) and because I thought I'd look like Whoppi Goldberg in Ghost if I did. I started wearing sandals with a heel this summer, and now mid high Chelsea boots.

I love wearing them and prefer them to most of my flats.That said I reckon I do look a bit like Whoopi tottering down the street in them, but I don't care.

I never used to wear dresses either, but I love them too now, so go for it. Winter is the perfect time to try. Wear them with opaque tights, high boots and a cardi if you like.

Embrace your tallness. I'm also 5'7 and usually go for for smallish heels but recently thought sod it, i want to wear stupidly high ones!! I love being tall :cool:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm 5'8 and very rarely wear less than 4 inch heels :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never worn jeans. I would like to but I'm a size 14 and don't want any more fuss and bulk around my tummy/bottom area. I always think the zip will draw attention to my front and the pockets will draw attention to my bottom!
    Forum Member
    I'm about a size 21, or thereabouts, and can wear jeans quite easily. There's no reason to let your shape/size get in the way of wearing clothes if you want to wear them. :)
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    JJ75 wrote: »
    Embrace your tallness. I'm also 5'7 and usually go for for smallish heels but recently thought sod it, i want to wear stupidly high ones!! I love being tall :cool:

I'm 5'9 and just wear high heels when I'm on a night out. I prefer high heeled boots to general heels as they feel more supportive and less wobbly lol. I like being tall but sometimes feel weird when I'm literally looking down on my (tallish) guy friends.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Trainers. Or flip flops, or any other kind if sandal. I always wear shoes or boots.
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    Trainers. Or flip flops, or any other kind if sandal. I always wear shoes or boots.

What happens when it's a hot summer day - what do you wear then?
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skinny, slim or straight jeans. I only wear Diesel Zatinys, a narrower bootcut, slightly wider cut than straight.

Quilted diamond jackets.

Don't wear trousers without a belt.

Anything green.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    I've just ordered this, and I never wear picture jumpers as a rule,

http://www.whitestuff.com/womens/knitwear/white-new-blueman-jumper/?sessionid=2d01d5af71534ad02cd5198b6431254c1c131a21

just hope I don't look a complete fool at my age :blush:
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    I've just ordered this, and I never wear picture jumpers as a rule,

http://www.whitestuff.com/womens/knitwear/white-new-blueman-jumper/?sessionid=2d01d5af71534ad02cd5198b6431254c1c131a21

just hope I don't look a complete fool at my age :blush:

Go for it!!
    Forum Member

5ft 7 isn't what I'd consider 'tall'. I'm 6ft 1 and don't feel 'tall'. :)

I certainly wouldn't say it's too tall for heels, you see many women 6ft+ without heels anyway, it's not that unusual nowadays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    5ft 7 isn't what I'd consider 'tall'. I'm 6ft 1 and don't feel 'tall'. :)

I certainly wouldn't say it's too tall for heels, you see many women 6ft+ without heels anyway, it's not that unusual nowadays.

I'm 6'2" and I wear heels. I can't dance in flats, and heels make your legs look better. I don't wear anything above the knee though. Although I'm tall and a fairly slim 12-14, I have the ugliest knees ever (they look like cauliflowers) and do not want them on show. I don't wear anything high necked either as I have quite big boobs and high necks always make your chest look saggy and low.