Come Dine With Me 2012

Comments

• Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coody Mow wrote: »
    Oh yes, there is room for both. But lately it seems to be more geared for entertainment and fancy dress rather than cooking.

That was Pippa...one of the worst CDWM ladies! But she liked herself so that was good! :D

A pal of mine won an hour long version one this year, and that was the exception to what I said about the hour ones above
    ....in that there was not too much entertainment, or fancy dress and much more about cooking and dinner parties..I enjoyed that one. (And not just cos she was fab and I was pleased she won!) :cool:

But there was one a few weeks ago when they were talking about vile toilet and 'sick' habits at the dinner table and a guy served up bisto and chips for his main, and I really did think that CDWM had reached the lowest of the low that night. :cry:
    Which city and episode was that?
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This bighead reminds me of a mixture of Paul Burrell and David Cameron. What a knob!

And the woman who's supposed to be The Queen, looks more like Camilla!

And that squares the circle. David Cameron reminds me of Margaret Thatcher and I am sure he spends every minute of every day wishing he was her. I like to post this opinion now and again in politics just for a wind up.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not love CDWM as I used to...though the last few weeks have not been too bad. The one hour ones are worse and often seem to not have anyone who can cook on them on there sadly.

Just saw the comment about someone wanting to see another Preston week, and whilst that week was entertaining and sticks out...I actually would love another week like the one a couple of years ago (which is bad as I cannot remember where it was even though I have watched it four times!) where all five cooks were great cooks, the winner got 39 points, the runner up 38, they were all just really nice to each other and it was so entertaining seeing their recipes.

It was the one were the chap won who Nicky (?) the vegan converted to veganism (and I did like her food, she did well with me too as I tried out her recipes) and the lady who came second had canapes on the beach and made her main course in bread towers shaped like castles.

It was just lovely. No griping. No wannabees. No fancy dress. Just good cooking and good entertainment.

If CDWM went back to that again, I for one, would be so happy. x
    That one was also in Liverpool. The winner posted on here a few times. I was trying to get him to admit that he fancied the red-headed vegan.

That week is in my top ten. He probably would have got 40 points if he had served his water in a glass rather than the placcy bottle.
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,091
    Forum Member
    MikeNFFC wrote: »
    'Cynthia' is Pete Burns isn't 'she'?

My thoughts also. Her lips aren't quite as Michelin Man as his though.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,698
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    Was the Nigerian Bar. :D

Is that one where you just show up? :D
    dome wrote: »
    It's the first episode I've watched in months, I know now why I had been avoiding it.

The sink story was far too much information. :eek:

Likewise and (you'll like this) it didn't even fit the brief
    See what I did there? :D
    It was just lovely. No griping. No wannabees. No fancy dress. Just good cooking and good entertainment.

If CDWM went back to that again, I for one, would be so happy. x

Me too although I also agree there is room for both - the alternative weeks all depend on the contestants being as amusing as they think they are though ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I think she was 'modelling' herself on Janice from The Muppets :D
    And Rob puts me in mind of Paul Burrell.

It's a really weird week.

I did have to google Janice but I'm so glad I did :D
    Agree with all of the above!

Bellamy wrote: »
    If only you were right... I'm sure Rob will regard his performance with great pride.:cry:

I'm sure the minions at his work have hours of endless bullsh*t bingo fun :D
    This bighead reminds me of a mixture of Paul Burrell and David Cameron. What a knob!

And the woman who's supposed to be The Queen, looks more like Camilla!

Totally. Presumably she thinks the Queen has a scouse accent and that's why she was putting it on :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've more or less given up on this programme now, but tuned in tonight and loved the F-A-C-T, C-O-C-K interjection. First LOL moment on this show for ages:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me what the music that was playing when he was cooking tonight? It sounded like something from a 70's tv show played on flutes. Sounded kind of the "Some mothers do ave em" type of music.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,698
    Forum Member
    I did have to google Janice but I'm so glad I did :D
    Agree with all of the above!

If posters don't know Janice from The Muppets, they really should google, because I swear it is she in human form (with two degrees) :D

i_b I heard that too and nearly choked.
  • EtheleneEthelene Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes: Barrister my harris

And far too humpty backed to be a model. I am sure 'she' is a he.:eek:
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Just tuned in... Is the older woman of the two actually a man? Very very mannish features.

No I'm not talking about the man dressed as Maggie Thatcher :p

I absolutely agree! I think she's a dead ringer for Dick Emery!

http://media.photobucket.com/image/dick%20emery/joelion38/ebd146fe.jpg?o=4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idiot_box wrote: »
    I've more or less given up on this programme now, but tuned in tonight and loved the F-A-C-T, C-O-C-K interjection. First LOL moment on this show for ages:)

Dave Lamb's timing was superb. Just the right pause before he added the Y:D:D
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,091
    Forum Member
    gambit06 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the music that was playing when he was cooking tonight? It sounded like something from a 70's tv show played on flutes. Sounded kind of the "Some mothers do ave em" type of music.

Eye Level aka Van Der Valk theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUTHFgXFlbw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Just tuned in... Is the older woman of the two actually a man? Very very mannish features.

I thought she looked a bit like Sherrie Hewson but my wife says she's more like Ma Boswell
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethelene wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Barrister my harris

And far too humpty backed to be a model. I am sure 'she' is a he.:eek:

I wonder how much she paid to become a Barrister, either that or she's got a rich daddy.
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much she paid to become a Barrister, either that or she's got a rich daddy.

Maybe she's a barista, i.e. works in Costa Coffee or Caffe Nero or similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Janis is going to tie her hair back whilst she's cooking.
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And her eyelashes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    prehensile wrote: »
    Eye Level aka Van Der Valk theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUTHFgXFlbw

That's it! Thanks so much! Was driving me nuts.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fiveinabed wrote: »
    And her eyelashes!

Nope to either :D

(and by Janis, I assume you mean Cynthia)

Is she trying to be Naomi Campbell Mark 2?

If so, she needs to STAND UP STRAIGHT :mad:
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am disappointed that she didn't tie her hair back when she was cooking.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I am disappointed that she didn't tie her hair back when she was cooking.

All she had to do was take it off and hang it up on the hook on the back door :D
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also did she actually descale the fish?
  • davemac69davemac69 Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's the sort of girl I dream about having one night with, and nightmares at the thought of spending one day with!
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Did her eyelashes fall in the soup?
This discussion has been closed.