Four in a Bed - new series, Mon 18 June, ch4, 5pm

Comments

• SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,690
    Forum Member
    Can you imagine if Ed & me ran a place together???? Nightmare...

Ruth that was my genuine typing error (fingers far faster than brain apparently)
    Personally in that situation I think you'd have him for breakfast (and then spit him out) :D

Your Mum's obviously totally feet on the ground and capable - can't imagine anyone going anywhere without being well fed on her watch.
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    ...it's ended with a my face, arms and legs burnt bright red like a tomato *sigh*- when will British people learn the effects of the strength of the sun on what seems like the first day of summer;)

Ouch Ella.
    If it's sore (it's sore isn't it?) use some cold black (ordinary) tea to bathe the poorly bits.
    Soak cotton wool in the tea and just dab it all over your red and sun burned areas.

It's very soothing.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss tomorrow nights, got a social life for one night only lol. Also sun? Whats that?
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,581
    Forum Member
    Why do they need to order breakfast the night before? And if they don't guests would have to wait 30 minutes?
    Well, I know what Mum would say to that...

It would work for me! I would order a big bowl of fresh fruit, so they would have to get up early to prepare it.
    Then I would ask for a none-flaccid poached egg on toast. ;)
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just had time to watch it, so have had to skim the thread afterwards. But, basically:-

Can it be noted that it was me who first noticed that Julian will be the trouble maker this week :D

Agree. And at least we may have one. Looks like a more exciting week to me.
    I would hate to pre-order my breakfast

Me too. What I think I will have for breakfast before I turn in when I am away from home, and what I actually fancy the next morning are frequently two different things!
    They have outside toilets :eek::eek:

Oh my giddy arms.

Never, ever, EVER in a million years would I EVER go ANYWHERE with outside toilets :eek:

If I can't have a proper bed, in a proper room, with my own facilities - well, simples - I ain't going!
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had a holiday in Skegness a few years ago and we were asked to order breakfast the evening before. The Proprieter counted all the breakfast items that had been ordered and there was no margin for error, one morning there was no sausage on my plate and another guest had sausage that he hadn't ordered, it was tough luck for me as they had only cooked what had been ordered!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Hi everybody.

. I There were also lots of comments about age and generational preferences, which just don't hold true to me and I felt they were excuses rather than valid reasons for criticism.
    At the end of the day, if you're in hospitality, you have to give your customers what they want, not what you want or think is better. Some issues that are laughed at as old skool or fussy are actually just perfectly practical.

Usually I think the best approach is to play to your strengths, whether that's good quality, non offensive (some might say bland?) budget, family or business accommodation, or reflecting a theme such as the style of a period building.
    For example, all over William Morris isn't to my taste - then again, it fits a period of overall design and it's a period when furnishings were generally more busy and darker. By the same token I really can't be doing with hugely patterned giant motif modern feature walls either .... but that's just my preference and if I were booking accommodation, for the most part I'd know in advance what I was going to get and choose accordingly.

All kept their dignity and didn't resort to petty or silly comments that stay in our minds.

Right now then...have found links for this week.
    "giant motif modern feature walls ""

Quite, WM may not to be to everyone's tatse, but current B&Q which may popular wth Uncle Tom Cobbly And All, will date vey quickly. To my mind, it is better to pay a bit more for better quality, timeless designs like WM that remain for a number of years, rarther than constantly trying ro keep up with The Tasteless Jonses;. Baa
    baa the sheep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    We had a holiday in Skegness a few years ago and we were asked to order breakfast the evening before. The Proprieter counted all the breakfast items that had been ordered and there was no margin for error, one morning there was no sausage on my plate and another guest had sausage that he hadn't ordered, it was tough luck for me as they had only cooked what had been ordered!

Please, can someome who runs this website PLEASE STOP the pop up ads on the top right hand screen from appearing. It obscures the page selection/ back/ forward options, AND IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Why are they not sleeping in the same room? I missed that bit

Well, would you sleep with him? :D
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helencp wrote: »
    Ooer- there's going to be some friction this week, which will be highly entertaining. Shame it's the last of the series though. Two questions: who on earth takes WD40 away with them? And what on earth for? I wonder what else he has packed for the other visits.

I don't really want to defend him, but I keep wd40 in the car - handy if the engine gets damp and wont start, also for frozen locks.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Did I hear right, their B & B are some tents, which would make it a camp site? I will try and stick with it this week
    They have outside toilets :eek::eek:

Oh my giddy arms.

Never, ever, EVER in a million years would I EVER go ANYWHERE with outside toilets :eek:

We've had outside toilets before - there was "Wriggles Brook" - the gypsy caravan one and "Crake trees manor" where rather randomly one couple got put in a shepards hut in the B&B's yard but still had to use the facilities in the main house.
    Butterfly Dave on the Isle of Wight had a teepee - again with seperate facilities.
    This weeks Yurt place had only been going a few months at the time of filming - I hope they haven't sufferred too much from the summer wash-out as any sort of camping is going to have been a trial this year:(
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,581
    Forum Member
    idiot_box wrote: »
    Please, can someome who runs this website PLEASE STOP the pop up ads on the top right hand screen from appearing. It obscures the page selection/ back/ forward options, AND IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Refresh the page and it will move out of the way, :D
  • kenikikeniki Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it the same Catherine that was on CDWM? on that she was horrible, but today she seems so nice. also the age she gave was different
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,690
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    This weeks Yurt place had only been going a few months at the time of filming - I hope they haven't sufferred too much from the summer wash-out as any sort of camping is going to have been a trial this year:(

Gosh yes, what a trial for anyone planning and running outdoor events.
    In the south east we've been veering from the sublime to the beyond ridiculous before we can draw breath.

When they were filming the field had a huge puddle so goodness knows how bad it got this summer.

I'm with Julian, although I wouldn't ever express it the same way, but I'm not a back to nature type guest, I'm an ensuite everything type.
    I lust after facilities that pamper, not those that just cater for the necessities.
    keniki wrote: »
    Was it the same Catherine that was on CDWM? on that she was horrible, but today she seems so nice. also the age she gave was different

I think if you read back in the thread there are some links, and she's not the same one, although she was once on that show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Oh dear... I think this might be the first FIAB I won't actually be able to watch.

The first couple seem pleasant but the others - all trying to hard to be "characters" and all really, really getting on my nerves!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Late greetings, everyone. Not sure who will turn out to be the pantomime villain this week. I started out thinking that Julian's argumentativeness and lack of tact would be the main problem, as he seems oblivious to the effect of his comments. Describing the paint smell as 'obnoxious', for instance, seemed OTT and likely to cause offence. However, Tony seems to run him a close second and may even overtake.

Ramsay's seemed fine, although I agree ordering breakfast in advance shouldn't be necessary. On the odd occasion that I've been asked to do this, I haven't found the breakfasts to be either quicker or better.

Followed the link to Ramsay's and they certainly aim to please. From their website:
    "Ramsay's will happily accommodate families, and travel cods can be provided with no additional costs" Very effishent:D
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked tonight's B&B, lovely rooms and reasonably priced for the middle of a city, but like others have said ordering breakfast the night before is not something that would appeal to me! It just reminds me of being in a hospital or clinic. I also think the toilet paper dispensers are a bit industrial looking, but really there was very little to quibble about.

Julian is going to get on my last nerve this week, I can feel it in my water, and God knows we have had enough of that today here, peeing down all afternoon and still at it now! He is so far up himself I'm sure he can taste himself! And does his wife just go along with everything he says? She doesn't really seem to have an opinion of her own, and seems so accepting of his making them outsiders.

And as for the WD40! Good grief! :rolleyes:
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you solarsail I have tried what you suggested-I've never heard of it before but it's marvelous-very soothing,

As for Monday's episode -its sounding fun and I cannot wait to.watch it in the morning,I've been taping more4 and.their old.episodes of FIAB but every one I've taped I seemed to have watched before-I didn't realise just how many series I have seen already:D

Ruth-if you are reading this can I ask you what made you sign up for the program and now you have would you do it again or is there any regrets and what has it taught you-if anything thank you :)

Edit-not in the morning-it is the next day now-blimey I must get to bed :D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsb123 wrote: »
    Katherine has been on Mary Queen of Shops (Homeboy) and CDWM

Hello one and all - another lurker who has decided to take the plunge. Well I say decided, if I remember correctly - swiss cheese memory sometimes - the last time I tried to register here I was asked to pay a subscription!!

Welcome to the thread mrsb :)

Its getting to the point where the same people end up appearing on different reality tv shows. They must sit and trawl through the options and see which ones they fancy going on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I'm with Julian, although I wouldn't ever express it the same way, but I'm not a back to nature type guest, I'm an ensuite everything type.
    I lust after facilities that pamper, not those that just cater for the necessities.

Oh me too. When I go away I want to be pampered and stay somewhere thats much posher than home!

The thought of trudging outside to go to the loo fills me with absolute horror :eek: Thats why camping has NEVER appealed to me. I like my home comforts :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Coach Trip fans, let us be grateful that the dreadful serial reality participant (Graham?) with the black wife who pops us everywhere, getting married with no clothes on, buying houses wearing someclothes, etc etc, is unlikely to be on FIAB.
    BDG will remember him I'm sure.
    Not havjng a B and B seems to rule him out - but you never know with him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coach Trip fans, let us be grateful that the dreadful serial reality participant (Graham?) with the black wife who pops us everywhere, getting married with no clothes on, buying houses wearing someclothes, etc etc, is unlikely to be on FIAB.
    BDG will remember him I'm sure.
    Not havjng a B and B seems to rule him out - but you never know with him.

Aaah the lovely Graham and Ivy :rolleyes:

I wouldnt put it past them to pop up one day on FIAB, Hotel Inspector, Restaurant Inspector, CDWM, DOND and all the other "reality" shows around.....I mean we havent seen them for a few months have we? Maybe they're due to make a return comeback :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a Plan B for next week when FIAB finishes....

I know they are repeating old FIAB's but......ITV have seen the error of their ways and Dinner Date will now be on at 5pm weekdays (instead of the stupid 8.30am on a Sunday slot!!)

For those of you who dont know Dinner Date, its a sort of cross between Blind Date and CDWM

That's me sorted then :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See you there, BirthdayGirl!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See you there, BirthdayGirl!

Oh yes indeedy

(by the way, I'm not following you around the DS threads...we just seem to post in the same ones!!) :)
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Plan B for next week when FIAB finishes....

I know they are repeating old FIAB's but......ITV have seen the error of their ways and Dinner Date will now be on at 5pm weekdays (instead of the stupid 8.30am on a Sunday slot!!)

For those of you who dont know Dinner Date, its a sort of cross between Blind Date and CDWM

That's me sorted then :p

Do you know, I could never get into Dinner Date. I watched it several times, but gave up in the end. Strange.
This discussion has been closed.