This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 21**

Comments

• coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely unappreciating that if it wasn't for the bloody Waltzathon all the celeb finalists could get to the final having done all 14 styles of dance. As a viewer that would be far more satisfying.

Has everyone done the waltz?

I think Pixie did it in Disney week,
    Caroline did it in her nightie with macrame
    Jake did a dark and moody one
    Frankie did it first week
    Mark?
    Simon has just done it
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Has everyone done the waltz?

I think Pixie did it in Disney week,
    Caroline did it in her nightie with macrame
    Jake did a dark and moody one
    Frankie did it first week
    Mark?
    Simon has just done it

I think Mark has done it. Wasn't Karen in pink floaty dress thing?
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only is he going for the 'underdog' narrative he's also tweeted this -

Mark Wright @MarkWright_ · 2h 2 hours ago

Once again reading your tweets I want to say thankyou thankyou thankyou for all your amazing words. It feels so humbling to have you all x

It's Uriah Heep, Shamela Stephenson and Lina Lamont all combined. He truly is a class act in utter shamelessness. In many ways it's quite impressive.

All very 'umble. He actually grew on me for a bit but now I'm desperately trying to peel him off.

As a lonnnnnnnnnng time lurker on here I really miss Alli F - where the heck is she!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I just meant we could have two dances from each celeb, as happened in the past quarter finals, ie the controversial Austin and Lisa year.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rednell wrote: »
    I think Mark has done it. Wasn't Karen in pink floaty dress thing?

It was to Weekend In New England. They threw a load of dead leaves over him at the end.
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    It was to Weekend In New England. They threw a load of dead leaves over him at the end.

Shame they didn't include a large heavy branch for greater verisimilitude.
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Mark did the waltz. I have a vague memory of him claiming it was the dance he was most scared of, and we all promptly scoffed at him for being scared of the waltz of all things. John Sergeant managed the waltz.

On another note, I'm finding Pixie far more entertaining if I see her as a kind of anti-Denise Van Outen.

Have you danced before?
    DVO: Me, dance? No, never, honest guv! Sat on a chair in Chicago, didn't I? Never done any dancing me, James will tell you. (James: Yeah she's terrible, can barely walk let alone dance! Ringer? We'd be so lucky!)
    Pixie: Oh, well, I haven't done this before exactly but let me show you what I have done... I mean, developpés and rond de jambes were kind of my thing, you know? But also here's my old jazz routine from when I thought about doing musical theatre. And here's the end of my old ballet recital piece. Is there anything else you wanted to see? Trent can probably choreograph it for me, if you like.

What do you think about next week?
    DVO and James: Banter, banter, banter, MORE BANTER
    Pixie and Trent: Oh, it's amazing! So exciting to still be here! 3 is the magic number. :) *sound of wind whistling through the trees* (I don't mean to imply that either of them is stupid, but Pixie's so media trained I think she'd actually go into shock if she accidentally said something of substance in front of a camera.)

I do wish someone just would tell her if she got the job at Euro Disney though. I swear she's auditioned for it about 3 times now and I'm getting a little tired of Disney Princess Mode Pixie. It's very pretty but I had a brief moment of fear that they were somehow going to be dancing their waltz to It's a Small, Small World last night, what with the costumes, the hair, the clogs, the windmill, the basket of tulips and the kitchen sink. I far preferred Futuristic Gladiator Warrior Pixie, Electric Hair Pixie, 1940s Housewife Pixie and maybe even Carmen Miranda Pixie to Disney Princess Pixie. (Auditioning For The Role of Roxie Hart Pixie was vaguely terrifying, still not sure if I liked that one or not.)
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Mark did the waltz. I have a vague memory of him claiming it was the dance he was most scared of, and we all promptly scoffed at him for being scared of the waltz of all things. John Sergeant managed the waltz.

On another note, I'm finding Pixie far more entertaining if I see her as a kind of anti-Denise Van Outen.

Have you danced before?
    DVO: Me, dance? No, never, honest guv! Sat on a chair in Chicago, didn't I? Never done any dancing me, James will tell you. (James: Yeah she's terrible, can barely walk let alone dance! Ringer? We'd be so lucky!)
    Pixie: Oh, well, I haven't done this before exactly but let me show you what I have done... I mean, developpés and rond de jambes were kind of my thing, you know? But also here's my old jazz routine from when I thought about doing musical theatre. And here's the end of my old ballet recital piece. Is there anything else you wanted to see? Trent can probably choreograph it for me, if you like.

What do you think about next week?
    DVO and James: Banter, banter, banter, MORE BANTER
    Pixie and Trent: Oh, it's amazing! So exciting to still be here! 3 is the magic number. :) *sound of wind whistling through the trees* (I don't mean to imply that either of them is stupid, but Pixie's so media trained I think she'd actually go into shock if she accidentally said something of substance in front of a camera.)

I do wish someone just would tell her if she got the job at Euro Disney though. I swear she's auditioned for it about 3 times now and I'm getting a little tired of Disney Princess Mode Pixie. It's very pretty but I had a brief moment of fear that they were somehow going to be dancing their waltz to It's a Small, Small World last night, what with the costumes, the hair, the clogs, the windmill, the basket of tulips and the kitchen sink. I far preferred Futuristic Gladiator Warrior Pixie, Electric Hair Pixie, 1940s Housewife Pixie and maybe even Carmen Miranda Pixie to Disney Princess Pixie. (Auditioning For The Role of Roxie Hart Pixie was vaguely terrifying, still not sure if I liked that one or not.)

Forget all those. I want P****d off Pixie in the final, when someone else lifts that trophy.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    I was looking at some pictures of Tristan in the Clauditorium last night (as you do ;-)) and, when he was watching the other couples dance, MDF was quite a long way away along the balcony, standing with the audience and nowhere near the other pros and celebs. This means he must run back when the dances are over just to get in shot when the other celebs are interviewed by Claudia.

Always know when it's his turn to dance as it's the only time he isn't vying for the best position to get his grinning mug into screen shot >:(
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Without a doubt worst win all round would be Mark.
    Unpleasant personality, not really that good a dancer, and I really dislike most of what Karen has choreographed. Not to mention her goat wrangling legs which I now find draw my eye all the time.

Anyone else winning I could live with, I would rather Frankie didn't win as I think the whole Clifton thing would be unbearable next year

Agreed. He also uses sympathy vote - poor me I have to work - what about Jake, Sunetra, Pixie, Simon and Pixie (don't know what Caroline is doing). He uses whatever he can to win - hogs the camera, talks too much and really doesn't have a good body.

I really hope he is OUT this week. Thoroughly fake (never mentions his 10 years at Sylvia Youngs), conceited git.

Anyone but Mark (rant over).
    Forum Member
    Tissy wrote: »
    Always know when it's his turn to dance as it's the only time he isn't vying for the best position to get his grinning mug into screen shot >:(

Yup! Glad others have noticed it. I have been disgusted by his behaviour for weeks.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    I've read this thread for ages but never posted anything before, but can I just ask why why why couldn't Jake have been in the dance off with Mark last night - then we'd have been rid of him (Mark I mean) as there's no way the judges would have booted Jake out.....

That's all - thanks
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I've read this thread for ages but never posted anything before, but can I just ask why why why couldn't Jake have been in the dance off with Mark last night - then we'd have been rid of him (Mark I mean) as there's no way the judges would have booted Jake out.....

That's all - thanks

I'm hanging on that he'll be there next week and there isn't anyone they'd loose over him - If he's not in the dance off, that scream and wail of despair you hear, that'll be me :(

I'd like Mark - v- Frankie, nothing against Frankie, but oh so much against TTF
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's all - thanks

The problem is, I'm wary of anyone ending up in the dance off on the speculation the judges would keep them over someone else ... because y'know the judges :D

Actually, I think that certainly after next week the dance off should be ditched. You could almost make a case for anyone staying and anyone going out of all the permutations - and the fixed/conspiracy theories are going to be legion :D
    Forum Member
    So the judges complained about Steve's footwork when he had a fused ankle and they complained about Sunetra's footwork when she's had broken toe since week 2. No wonder she chose to focus on her armography. If MDF did anything like that he'd be tweeting live updates from the hospital. It does make a lot of the judges' comments to Sunetra seem very unfair in hindsight.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    I'm hanging on that he'll be there next week and there isn't anyone they'd loose over him - If he's not in the dance off, that scream and wail of despair you hear, that'll be me :(

I'd like Mark - v- Frankie, nothing against Frankie, but oh so much against TTF

Me too - the look on Kevin's face would be brilliant.

Also, can't imagine he'd be getting his 'conjugals' for a bit if he and Frankie knocked Mark and Karen out..:D:D:D

(Apologies to all if that conjures up a frightening and sick-making image...)
    Forum Member
    So the judges complained about Steve's footwork when he had a fused ankle and they complained about Sunetra's footwork when she's had broken toe since week 2. No wonder she chose to focus on her armography. If MDF did anything like that he'd be tweeting live updates from the hospital. It does make a lot of the judges' comments to Sunetra seem very unfair in hindsight.

Agree - they just didn't like her. Don't know if it is because they aren't keen on Brendan.

Think it is a shame that Sunetra is gone. She had much tougher choreography and actually had more dance content than MDF who I noticed had bobbing man boobs on his way up the stairs.

Fed up with these judges. . .
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a horrible thought.

What if the BBC are softening us up to Mark because they're going to use him in something?

Or, worse still, he's going to take over Lisa Riley's role as "celebrity (?) superfan" and keep popping up all the time?

Unappreciating how Mark's Twitter feed keeps using the hashtag #underdogs to try and build up still more votes for himself. Underdogs my a***.
    Forum Member
    Ugh, the #underdogs thing is so annoying. He has also retweeted this -

Secret Shopper™ @consumersupremo · 12h 12 hours ago

@MarkWright_ you are the reason this show is such fun. A non theatrically trained man who's become a damn good dancer!! Well done great job

What the **** did he do in those 10 years at Sylvia Young Stage School? I hope his parents got a refund. Either way he lied about going or he's lying now.
  • JEASP3JEASP3 Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Mark is so false. He keeps playing the underdog 'I am not a trained dancer' card which is wearing a bit thin now. Simon is much more modest and really developing as a dancer. I would love to see Simon in the final as, in my opinion, he is the best male celebrity left in the competition.
  • AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too - the look on Kevin's face would be brilliant.

Also, can't imagine he'd be getting his 'conjugals' for a bit if he and Frankie knocked Mark and Karen out..:D:D:D

(Apologies to all if that conjures up a frightening and sick-making image...)

Oh dear, I really shouldn't have read that, just after eating my breakfast :(
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh perlease!!!!!!!!!!! I have been to Its A Small World at Disney World. It took me about 2 years to get that damned song out of my head. Now it's back again. Thanks for nothing!! :D:o:D
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEASP3 wrote: »
    Mark is so false. He keeps playing the underdog 'I am not a trained dancer' card which is wearing a bit thin now. Simon is much more modest and really developing as a dancer. I would love to see Simon in the final as, in my opinion, he is the best male celebrity left in the competition.

I agree. Simon is now the best male dancer. MDF, on the other hand, is really doing my head in with his falseness and addresses to the nation. I'm happy to see anybody win over MDF. If he should lift the glitterball I can't be held responsible for my actions.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Completely unappreciating that if it wasn't for the bloody Waltzathon all the celeb finalists could get to the final having done all 14 styles of dance. As a viewer that would be far more satisfying.

Although with TTF waltzing around frantically and MDF pushing others out of the way in an effort to remain in camera shot the entire time, it could be rather brilliant carnage, in my head several couples will be waltzing round happily and in the corner there'll be an almighty dust up going on between MDF and TTF (in my head it will happen)
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although with TTF waltzing around frantically and MDF pushing others out of the way in an effort to remain in camera shot the entire time, it could be rather brilliant carnage, in my head several couples will be waltzing round happily and in the corner there'll be an almighty dust up going on between MDF and TTF (in my head it will happen)
    I wasn't looking forward to the waltzathong but your right this could actually happen and be tv gold :)
This discussion has been closed.