Dierdre where is she???

Hot HitsHot Hits Posts: 596
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone know where Dierdre is? No one mentions her now!!!

Comments

• newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actress is not well and I believe the character is staying at a friends......like you do.....for months on end
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Isn't she still comforting her never mentioned "best friend" from years ago after her brother died?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Written out of the story and has gone to stay with Bev, from memory, for reasons cited above.

Whoever Bev is - but from memory, that's former Rovers landlady Shelley Unwin's mum.

They weren't even that close when Bev was in the Street, but apparently they are now.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Isn't she still comforting her never mentioned "best friend" from years ago after her brother died?

Her friend has been mentioned before with Deirdre going to see her many times.
  • Silent-TearsSilent-Tears Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is having a well timed break from filming
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Written out of the story and has gone to stay with Bev, from memory, for reasons cited above.

Whoever Bev is - but from memory, that's former Rovers landlady Shelley Unwin's mum.

They weren't even that close when Bev was in the Street, but apparently they are now.

This is Bev..terrible actress http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110212163835/coronationstreet/images/2/2e/BevUnwin2004.jpg
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why they couldn't just have her offscreen. There was no need to come up with daft excuses.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's upstairs listening to her tapes.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Think a much better reason for Deidre's absence could have been made. At the end she was so stressed about Peter, more than anyone else and really they were not all that close.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    With Bev or something
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter's problems aside, it was ridiculous that she couldn't take one day off from consoling Bev to attend her only daughter's wedding. Is Bev on 24/7 suicide watch or something?
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Bev takes precedence over her own daughter's wedding, oh and the subsequent imprisonment of her meant-to-be husband.
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bev has become obsessed wth Dreary
    She's resorted to locking her away

Poor Dreary is kidnap in Beverage's home
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's weird too - wouldn't a better and maybe more realistic write-out be having Deirdre go and look after ill Auntie Beryl, Blanche's sister in Birmingham? I'm positive Blanche mentioned Beryl now and then over the years. :confused:
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Or why not say she has gone to visit her former husband Samirs family in Morocco. They live in the desert and don't have email, phones or internet so Tracy was unable to contact her about the wedding.:D
  • rory rrory r Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    I heard she was in Freshco's and four tarantulas jumped out a bunch of bananas, she is now in a coma.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are articles and comments from TPTB confirming that the actress is not unwell and has just requested an extended 3-month break. Reasons not given...

HOWEVER! Sorry, but I don't believe this....she was at an absolute pinnacle and height of a serious and major storyline and they they just agree to let her go on leave??? Isn't there a holiday Manager with at least half a brain there?? Or is it just a lie and she had to go???

Not only was Rob's exposure coming to a head, there was Peter in jail etc and of course Tracy's wedding. For her to just leave and go wherever she's gone is not credible. They would have been better off giving her a heart attack from either the stress or smoking and having her convalescing somewhere or hospitalised so she couldn't physically make the wedding, not choosing something else over her own family issues and daughters wedding!

I hope the actress is ok but it is incredible for her to just up and leave for three months at such an integral and important time for her character. She was a main family member character in the major storyline., so I'm not buying it I'm afraid.

Ps. I did actually miss that whole bit where she left so if I'm talking rubbish above - sorry. I am just assuming they have written her out to go help someone or something.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just would've been easier to send Deirdre off to Canada and look after Adam again, instead of sending her off to a mate's house for months who she hasn't seen in the best part of a decade.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    If I remember rightly, Deirdre doesn't even know about the Rob stuff, does she? As Ken didn't want to tell her and worry her (yet he was angry when she did the same.)
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very strange how she disappears as soon as Ken returns
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    To my mind, if an actor can't do his/her job or the job is making him/her stressed to the point that they can't work, they should just leave gracefully and be written out completely.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »
    There are articles and comments from TPTB confirming that the actress is not unwell and has just requested an extended 3-month break. Reasons not given...

HOWEVER! Sorry, but I don't believe this....she was at an absolute pinnacle and height of a serious and major storyline and they they just agree to let her go on leave??? Isn't there a holiday Manager with at least half a brain there?? Or is it just a lie and she had to go???

Not only was Rob's exposure coming to a head, there was Peter in jail etc and of course Tracy's wedding. For her to just leave and go wherever she's gone is not credible. They would have been better off giving her a heart attack from either the stress or smoking and having her convalescing somewhere or hospitalised so she couldn't physically make the wedding, not choosing something else over her own family issues and daughters wedding!

I hope the actress is ok but it is incredible for her to just up and leave for three months at such an integral and important time for her character. She was a main family member character in the major storyline., so I'm not buying it I'm afraid.

Ps. I did actually miss that whole bit where she left so if I'm talking rubbish above - sorry. I am just assuming they have written her out to go help someone or something.

I fear you may be right. The actress has had cancer in the past, but apparently continues to smoke, so I will not be surprised if she doesn't return.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was a stupid time to give her a break, she found the bracelet, she lived with peter in the tina aftermarth, she would have been a witness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS speculation again. There is obviously a reason Anne Kirkbride was written out at such a crucial time, but to be saying we "will never see her again" is to be fair a bit dramatic. Nobody really knows.

It is however idiotic that she is with Bev and missing her daughters wedding - that would not have happened. Doesn't Bev have Shelly to look after her? It would have been far better to say Deidre had gone on holiday with Bev somewhere far away and has had an accident so cant get back.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's gone through a Corrie worm hole. :D