sky on xbox help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
Forum Member
As all you fellow man united fans will know there is a big game coming up on sunday. I do not have a sky subscription but heard that you can purchase a monthly pass on xbox. Is there any way i can do this on the xbox alone or do i need to do it on a pc. I do not have access to a pc or laptop as my laptop is in for repairs which is why im using my mobile to write this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Preferably before sunday.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Also does the monthly pass get you sky sports which is all i want.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    I think you have to sign up online

It's £35 a month for the entertainment pack and sky sports pack (you cant get sky sports standalone)
    http://help.sky.com/tv/sky-go/sky-go-monthly-ticket
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparky2005 wrote: »
    I think you have to sign up online

It's £35 a month for the entertainment pack and sky sports pack (you cant get sky sports standalone)
    http://help.sky.com/tv/sky-go/sky-go-monthly-ticket

why cant we just pay summit like 800msp (via xboxlive) & watch the football matches on a PPV basis? :(
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Because MS would have had to have entered into the bidding rights with the Premier League.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have any family or friends that sub to Sky Sports you could use their MY Sky ID to watch it on the Xbox.

They would have to unpair one of their devices if they have used their two slots though.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Because MS would have had to have entered into the bidding rights with the Premier League.

It's a shame Microsoft & Sky couldn't come 2 some kind of deal ... I bet there's 1000s of xbox users out there who'd be willing 2 pay on a PPV basis like I've suggested. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    It's a shame Microsoft & Sky couldn't come 2 some kind of deal ... I bet there's 1000s of xbox users out there who'd be willing 2 pay on a PPV basis like I've suggested. :(

Yeah id be up for that too. I dont watch much tv so it would be good if you could do it on a pay by match basis. Got to see the match anyway. Great game. Shame the way it ended.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only really like football so it doesn't seem worth paying for sports especially with ESPN costing more on top. I also work a lot of Saturday and Sundays so I too would love the option of PPV premier league for the times I'm actually at home.

If I added Sky Sports and ESPN it would nearly double my current subscription which includes the price of line rental and unlimited internet.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed ... it would've been silly to pay £35 for a month of Sky Sports just to watch that game, or any other single match.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have any family or friends that sub to Sky Sports you could use their MY Sky ID to watch it on the Xbox.

They would have to unpair one of their devices if they have used their two slots though.

I've just done this. My mum either doesn't have both her devices paired as she thought, or xbox doesn't count.
    Is it not just portable devices that count such as tablets, phones and laptops.