Will One direction crack America?

Comments

• String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Up All Night finally leaves the top spot on the Australian charts after 5 weeks at #1. Number 2 on the Aria charts.:)

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display.asp?chart=1G50
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just reposting...:)

pasodabble wrote: »
    One Direction's album placing in various countries this week, with the highest ever placing on the right:

Up All Night

UK 29;2
    Ireland 5;2
    USA 8;1
    Canada 6;1
    Australia 2;1
    New Zealand 2;1
    Italy 7;1
    Spain 33;4
    Portugal 13;3
    France 30;15
    Belgium 30;7
    Switzerland 46;24
    Netherlands 31;7
    Sweden 19;1
    Norway 22;11
    Denmark 6;6
    Finland 44;4
    Poland 25;6
    Hungary 24;6
    Greece 41;29
    Worldwide sales 5;2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    just reposting...:)

Incredible isn't it?:):cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Incredible isn't it?:):cool:

and there are countries where they reached no1 that are not on the list yet, lolz!! :p

ETA do we know if UAN DVD will be available in the US and other countries?
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and there are countries where they reached no1 that are not on the list yet, lolz!! :p

I doubt it as it is very much UK but it wouldn't surprise me if there is an american tour DVD or the MSG show or maybe a TV special.........getting carried away here :D

The broadway cast of Anything goes have lip synched to WMYB. It's good :D

http://popgoestheweek.com/2012/05/broadway-goes-viral-cast-of-anything-goes-lip-syncs-one-direction-awesomely/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I doubt it as it is very much UK but it wouldn't surprise me if there is an american tour DVD or the MSG show or maybe a TV special.........getting carried away here :D

The broadway cast of Anything goes have lip synched to WMYB. It's good :D

http://popgoestheweek.com/2012/05/broadway-goes-viral-cast-of-anything-goes-lip-syncs-one-direction-awesomely/

omg!! why am i crying at these legit theatre people lipsynching to our boys? at 1am at that!! is it coz it further cements our boys' legit position as contemporary pop fixtures?? :cry::D:p

meanwhile down under, is this "the voice" contestant who sings "one thing" the first to sing 1D in a reality-based show EVER??:eek::D:cool:

http://www.thehothits.com/news/31344/ben-bennett-performs-one-direction's-'one-thing'-on-the-voice
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Liam - Great voice, good looking but moody and dull as ****.
    Harry - Great voice, good looking and a cheeky personality.
    Zain - Good looking, can't sing for shit.
    Niall - Not good looking, can sing a bit, doesn't dance, doesn't do anything, has no personality...
    Louis - Not good looking, can't sing for shit, doesn't dance, doesn't do anything, has no personality and is mentally unstable (wanted Frankie to win The X Factor).
    Not one of them could win a singing contest at a holiday camp... They have absolutely zero musicality or even a basic sense of timing let alone the ability to hold a tune...

At it's very best it is singing by numbers only they all appear to be dyscalculic.

In a country that embraces the superficial and mediocrity I expect they'll do well.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »
    Not one of them could win a singing contest at a holiday camp... They have absolutely zero musicality or even a basic sense of timing let alone the ability to hold a tune...

At it's very best it is singing by numbers only they all appear to be dyscalculic.

In a country that embraces the superficial and mediocrity I expect they'll do well.....

Ah thank you for your contribution :D Hope you feel better getting that out. Just your opinion of course and luckily not many agree with you :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah thank you for your contribution :D Hope you feel better getting that out. Just your opinion of course and luckily not many agree with you :D

Yes all one direction fans would not agree

Anyway whats all that about louis being unstable becuase he wanted frankie to win X Factor??? he would be the one caught in a scandle though i would be shocked if none of them had taken something they must get it thrown at them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what do you mean "in a country"?

been in a long coma, have you?

they've gone global since, luv!!

LoLz to the max!!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes all one direction fans would not agree

Anyway whats all that about louis being unstable becuase he wanted frankie to win X Factor??? he would be the one caught in a scandle though i would be shocked if none of them had taken something they must get it thrown at them.

another one...:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    breaking news (as in with potential to break the hearts of 'aterz)::eek::D

"1D To Headline iTunes Festival 2012 in Camden":cool::cool:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/music/itunes-festival-2012-one-direction-833408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lolz!!! You slay me.:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bringing this from the App thread.

One Direction will be performing at the iTunes Festival on September 20th at the Roundhouse in Camden.

Also performing - Usher, Jack White and Norah Jones, announced so far.:)
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member

Where have you been? America has been cracked!
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member

Number 1s count for nothing. I'm sure that they could put 1d on stage screaming like girls, record it, and the little girls would still buy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    Number 1s count for nothing. I'm sure that they could put 1d on stage screaming like girls, record it, and the little girls would still buy it.

Seriously.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

of course you're right, ok? :rolleyes:

*in your mind* lolz!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Number 1s count for nothing. I'm sure that they could put 1d on stage screaming like girls, record it, and the little girls would still buy it.[/QUOTE]

No they wouldn't. They would upload it to you tube and after a week there would be a million views. With comments like OMG So cute they scream like girls :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just your opinion of course and luckily not many agree with you :D
    Actually anyone with more than the teeniest bit of musical knowledge and functional hearing would agree...

If you think their popularity is based on any musical talent whatsoever then you are seriously deluded.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So has aids "luv" and that hasn't done real music any favours either :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually anyone with more than the teeniest bit of musical knowledge and functional hearing would agree...

If you think their popularity is based on any musical talent whatsoever then you are seriously deluded.

if you really think 1D hasn't "any musical talent", then you are seriously deluded. what they offer in their album and onstage on tour are music and not a few appreciate them and are inspired by them.

how many good-looking people came to audition in these talent shows that made the judges and audience prick up their ears? but when they opened their mouth the judges and audience were visibly dismayed as they obviously don't have "any musical talent".

you obviously haven't heard them in the judges house singing torn...:rolleyes: newly formed as they were then, it was obvious they had the potential to be a successful pop act... however hard you and others try, you can't take "able to sing" out of the equation, lolz!!:rolleyes:

we're not saying they are the best singers, but they are good enough for us to enjoy listening to... you might have your own type of music, well this is ours...

of course there are music snobs who look down on types of music they don't like... what do you say to those who don't consider anything as music if it isn't classical? it's all snobbery, just with different set of criteria suited to each predilection...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has aids "luv" and that hasn't done real music any favours either :rolleyes:

yes "luv", i hear you whimpering stretching to make that comparison, lolz!!:eek:

how lame...:rolleyes:

might as well compare everything that went global that hasn't done real music any favours, ey?;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you are posting just to rile people then you are the one looking stupid. Any intelligent person knows that music is subjective.

I have a wide taste in music from Rufus Wainwright to McFly but I wouldn't dream of looking down on posters who think only *insert what you like here* as inferior taste to mine.

The boys are a pop band they don't need to be able to sing like Pavarotti but they can sing and hold a tune just as good as (if not better) than other pop bands aka Take That, Westlife, Boyzone. And, IMO a few of them have a nice tone to their voices.

You can fool a few of the people for some of the time but you cannot fool the level of fans (and I am not talking about tweens here but older fans which they have a lot of) they have .

The title of this thread is *will One Direction crack america*. The answer depending on what you think cracking means is YES :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *chuckling*>>> Lolz!!:D:D