2013 Predictions: XFUK Acts

shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
Forum Member
It's the new year, so I thought I would make a thread for all to share their predictions based on anyone from the show you have an opinion on.

- Will any make it on an international scale? Similar to Leona/1D.

- How will the current winner James do?

- Will the likes of Olly and 1D remain consistent in the charts?

- How will Amelia and Misha do with their debut albums?

- Will Alexandra and/or Little Mix find success in America?

- How will the class of 2012 do overall?

- What's next for Leona?

- Will Diana's second album see the light of day?

Discuss.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James will be pretty big. I think he has the best chance of breaking America. Union J could have a bit of sucess. Ella and Jahmane a album but won't do too well.

Olly will continue to get bigger.

One Direction will stay the same I.E huge

Little mix won't be a success in America. I think that their album won't make much of an impact in the UK either. A lot of artist struggle on their second.

Leona Lewis will continue to keep falling further and further out of people's interest. And JLS will split.

Alex won't recover from her last era due to her bad reputation for than anything.

Misha B and Amelia's albums won't do too well maybe around 100-150k each.

Diana's supposed album won't do anything. Maybe sell 20k if she's lucky probably not even that though.

Joe Might get dropped after how badly his last album done. But he'll be fine as he's always been perfect for the westend IMO.

And lastly dancing on ice may raise Shaynes profile for him to make a comeback.
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the new year, so I thought I would make a thread for all to share their predictions based on anyone from the show you have an opinion on.

- What's next for Leona?

Discuss.

Any reason why there is no mention of Rebecca? Just wondering.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

I think James has a great chance. He will definitely be successful in the UK, possibly overseas as Ed Sheeran seems to be doing okay in the States. If James writes for 1D, it'll maybe get his name known to people who haven't heard of him, ditto if even one if the rumoured collabos come off.

Olly will probably release in Europe and have moderate success, not sure on the States.

1D will release another album and will be the same, it will be massive.

Average. Amelia slightly better, it's kind of euro poppy so might do well there but I don't think either will be anything major.

Nope

James most successful, Union J moderately but not to 1Ds level. Ella, Jahmene really depends on material. Christopher will release a Christmas album full of covers and cheese, Rylan will do Eurovison or go into presenting, could win CBB if he goes in. Everyone else I'm not too sure, maybe District 3 will release something.

- What's next for Leona?

A comeback album. Don't know how well she connects anymore.

Unfortunately not.

Other:

Like another poster said; JLS will spilt up, no bad feelings just I think two of them are married/settling down so they might want time apart for that.

Rebecca's second album will be major.

Joe will do another classics album, he has a nice voice and whilst classic isn't really my forte, it suits him so good for him.

Shayne will release something with a ROA feel into the charts, it'll do fairly well.

I'd like James Michael to release something but as he was done over by Barlow/Frankie, I don't know if the profile is high enough for it.

Matt will release something else but due to lack of promo it might fly under the radar.

I can see Aidens next single doing fairly well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member

Nope, none. (Unless your talking about acts in general, in which case I think Little Mix stand a chance)

He'll flop hard

I think 1D will flop after their 3rd album, not sure about Olly but both have their use-by dates.

I don't think they'll do too well - Amelia will do better than Misha but I can't see either shifting over 200k

Little Mix yes, Alex not so sure.

Awful, all will flop.

- What's next for Leona?

Hmm.. a greatest hits album then a drop on the quiet?

No, probably not.
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James - Moderate success - Top album launch single top charting album. By the end of the year no US launch however hype building

Jahmene - success but limited. Falls flat after single 2

Alexandra - US single charts well and she receives moderate success/hype surrounding her by some US acts

Shayne - Drop another track following dancing on ice - major label either universal subsidiary or RCA

Little mix - FLOP after mass hype in 2012

Olly - flop in the US fails to get heard

JLS - no US success

1D - carry on strong

Rebecca - premieres new ballad critical acclaim

Amelia - flops after single 2 album (35,000 sales)

Misha b - new single following the Mixtape does well drops album late spring (60 k plus sales)

Union j - decent launch mass UK success international plans unclear

Leona - tries new image launches completely new single late 2013

Ella - single 1 good single 2 flop
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't be bothered with predictions, none of us has any way of knowing what's going to happen in the fickle music industry. It all depends on promotion, getting the right music that sells at the right time, and gaining momentum through radio play etc.

My only real hope for 2013 is that Aiden does commercially better than he has in 2012 and that RCA sticks with him and promotes him with more enthusiasm than they have been doing.

It would also be great if Little Mix keep going strong and releasing quality pop music, and Shayne does manage a successful comeback after DOI. I think there's still a lot of goodwill towards Shayne from the public and music industry's point of view; he's always conducted himself with professionalism and dignity even after the appalling way Syco treated him, and I could honestly see him making a decent comeback once he's back in the public eye. Time will tell, I guess.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arthur - may come back with a decent single which charts high, but album and following singles ultimately underperform

Jahmene and Ella - make a small impact on the UK market

Union J - perform similarly to 1D in the UK i.e. decently charting singles and decent album sales.

Olly + 1D - Olly will remain consistent in the UK but will flop in the US. 1D's popularity will decline slightly but will still see large international success

JLS - will announce split, Aston possibly starts work on a solo album

Alexandra - Sees decent US success similar to Cher - i.e. top 15 hit on Billboard, but starts slowly, 3rd album will be a massive improvement

Leona - goes back into the studio, to release either a Glassheart re-release or a 4th studio album/EP at the end of the year

Cher + Rebecca - continue their US campaigns, slowly but surely, Cher gains more success

Amelia and Misha B - have moderately successful singles, but albums fail to make an impact

Little Mix + Diana - Little Mix continue UK success, secure moderate hits in Europe. Diana suffers more leaks and 2nd album fails to see the light of day. Though some material possibly makes it onto a low key EP release.

Overall I think it's going to be a rocky year for our X Factor acts this year. Some will surprise a lot of people, others will decline or fail. We'll just have to wait and see. :)
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    manderley wrote: »
    Any reason why there is no mention of Rebecca? Just wondering.

I just chose a few examples...I know I left out a few artists, but everyone can add their predictions.

Anyone xf related can be discussed here...from Steve Brookstein to Rylan.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - James will get to #1 in the albums chart, but his singles won't be as successful.

- Jahmene will make little impact. Ella will get a #1 single, but her follow ups will sink.

- Union J will be the latest annoying boyband to well commercially, to the annoyance of most of the UK population that don't happen to be a teenage girl.

- One Direction will continuing releasing annoying, generic pop songs, to the annoyance of most of the UK population that don't happen to be a teenage girl.

- Olly Murs won't have as big a 2013 as he did 2012. His follow up singles to Troublemaker will have moderate success, then we'll see him on Xtra Factor next year before releasing an album in 2014.

- JLS will continue their gradual decline.

- Christopher Maloney will release an albums cover that will be just awful.

- Amelia Lily and Misha B will have some success in the albums chart, but their singles will continue to be underwhelming.

- Rylan will be a TV personality, appearing on panel shows, chat shows etc. He won't release any material though.

- District3 will also release some material, but nobody will care.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    I should have made it more clear in my opening post lol.
    You can make predictions about ANYONE from the show.

Rebecca - I think album 2 will sell the same as her debut and I can see her singles charting much higher than this era.

1D will continue to reign.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    James - Limited success, first single has a very high impact on the charts, others chart outside the top 10. Album does reasonably but fails to match or exceed the first week sales of past winners.

Jahmene - Very little success, singles may do well but album will underachieve.

Alexandra - Will surprise a lot of people, US single will debut in the top 15 and will generate success in the UK once again. Has a lot of backing from major US artists too e.g Flo Rida and Pitbull.

Shayne - Will regain success after a possible successful stint on DOI which will generate a couple of successful singles and possibly a top 5 album

Little mix - It's Make or break in the US having discovered 5H it's really a matter of who Simon will invest a lot of money in promoting. But I can see them finding success in the US, Wings will perform exactly like Want U Back or possibly better. They'll also go onto huge success across Europe.

Olly - Fails to connect with US audience after incredible promo, single and album fails to make an impact in the US

JLS - Will announce split after yet another single release- it fails to create the success they once had.

1D - Will continue to churn out hits and go onto have yet another massive year.

Rebecca - Will pen a new single and this gathers critical acclaim and will raise Adele/Amy Winehouse comparisons and this generates a buzz for the song in the US and possibly becomes a top five debut.

Amelia - A hit and miss really, second single if it manages to chart in the top five I can see it staying in the top forty for weeks and this should generate some buzz for the album release. Very limited success here in the UK (album possibly Gold maybe Platinum) and possibly limited success in Europe with no promo.

Misha b - New single does well but debut album fails to make an impact on the charts.

Union j - Debut single does well and becomes the fastest selling single of the year.

Leona -Releases Glassheart and finds success across Europe once again.

Ella - Single 1 charts in the top five, Single 2 bombs in the charts. Album still goes ahead but underachieves massively

Rylan will go onto have the most success from last year's lot. :cool:
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    James - 2nd single sells well (Top 3). Album doesn't hit Number 1 and gets less sales than Matt Cardle's debut. Leaves Syco to pursue more creative control.
    Jahmene - No official singles released. Album goes to Number 1 but falls from the chart within 3 weeks.
    Ella - Debut single misses top 10. Album gets to number 9 but has low sales. Dropped.
    Union J - Debut single goes to Number 1. Album goes top 5. Biggest seller of 2012 X Factor acts.
    Rylan - Wins Big Brother. Becomes regular on This Morning etc. Releases a Chico Time-esque single that goes to Number 1. Album doesn't reach top 40.
    Chris Maloney - is never heard from again.

Little Mix - Change Your Life hits Number 3 and sells well. 1st single from 2nd Album arrives late 2013. Sign joint US deal with Columbia.
    Marcus Collins - Dropped before any new release.
    Amelia Lily - Shut Up (???) flops. Album misses top 10. Eventually dropped.
    Misha B - Album goes top 5. Signs US Deal with Epic.
    Janet Devlin - Debut Single released independently late February/Early March goes top 20. Debut Album released March/April reaches top 10, achieves 100k+ record sales. Signs a publishing deal and perhaps a record deal with a label like Parlophone for 2nd album.

Matt Cardle - No new release. 3rd Album announced for 2014.
    Rebecca Ferguson - 2nd album sells well in both UK and US. Number 1 Album both sides of the Atlantic.
    One Direction - Release a couple of singles - Top 5-10 in UK and US. Harry leaves the band in August. Announce full split during the X Factor final in December.
    Cher Lloyd - 2nd album flops in UK due to lack of promotion but does ok in US.

Joe McElderry - New album flops?. Dropped.
    Olly Murs - US success. Doesn't return to Xtra Factor. Continues to be a success in the UK.

Alexandra Burke - Has a hit US single. New album is successful in UK and US.
    JLS - Aston releases a solo single in November. Oritse manages an act who has a hit single. JB does full series of Strictly. Marvin looks after baby. Back with an album in 2014.
    Diana Vickers - 2nd Album is released to critical acclaim and sells 300k+. Nominated for Mercury Prize.

Leona Lewis - Does I'm A Celebrity after being dropped by Syco in July. Returns with hit album in 2014 with a Universal label.
  • unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member

- What's next for Leona?

Discuss.

International scale.. I still think James and Ella are the ones who most have an international appeal. That said.. I'm not sure if they will be big internationally or not.. I honestly don't know.

I think James will do well. He has a good voice and is unique as an artist. He writes his own stuff and is talented. He already has a lot of fans (and haters). I think he'll do well.. at least in the UK.

Olly and 1D have made it and will most likely stay on top of the charts, yes. They're played a lot on radio in my country too! :)

I don't think Amelia and Misha will do well.. idk. I just don't see it. There's not much buzz around them anymore. My guess is that one or both of them will flop.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but yes.. I think both Alexandra and Little Mix will do well (although probably not amazing) in the states. It depends on how they're marketed though. Little Mix need better styling too. But we'll wait and see.

The class of 2012 will do ok. I'm not expecting that much from anyone besides Ella and James. I'm sure the acts that got signed will at least sell enough to not be seen as total flops, but they'll pretty much be over when the buzz dies down.

I don't really have an opinion on Diana or Leona.
    Forum Member
    Pingu222 wrote: »
    Leona Lewis - Does I'm A Celebrity after being dropped by Syco in July. Returns with hit album in 2014 with a Universal label.

:eek::eek::eek: BIB I can't see this happening at all....
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hollyBrown wrote: »
    James will be pretty big. I think he has the best chance of breaking America. Union J could have a bit of sucess. Ella and Jahmane a album but won't do too well.

Olly will continue to get bigger.

One Direction will stay the same I.E huge

Little mix won't be a success in America. I think that their album won't make much of an impact in the UK either. A lot of artist struggle on their second.

Leona Lewis will continue to keep falling further and further out of people's interest. And JLS will split.

Alex won't recover from her last era due to her bad reputation for than anything.

Misha B and Amelia's albums won't do too well maybe around 100-150k each.

Diana's supposed album won't do anything. Maybe sell 20k if she's lucky probably not even that though.

Joe Might get dropped after how badly his last album done. But he'll be fine as he's always been perfect for the westend IMO.

And lastly dancing on ice may raise Shaynes profile for him to make a comeback.

i agree with all of this :)
  • unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Can't be bothered with predictions, none of us has any way of knowing what's going to happen in the fickle music industry. It all depends on promotion, getting the right music that sells at the right time, and gaining momentum through radio play etc.

My only real hope for 2013 is that Aiden does commercially better than he has in 2012 and that RCA sticks with him and promotes him with more enthusiasm than they have been doing.

It would also be great if Little Mix keep going strong and releasing quality pop music, and Shayne does manage a successful comeback after DOI. I think there's still a lot of goodwill towards Shayne from the public and music industry's point of view; he's always conducted himself with professionalism and dignity even after the appalling way Syco treated him, and I could honestly see him making a decent comeback once he's back in the public eye. Time will tell, I guess.

OMG now I'm kinda worried for Union J because I think they signed with RCA. I was hoping they'd sign to someone bigger, like Epic.. but no such luck, sigh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Little Mix will do well in America, not too well.. maybe Cher Lloyd level or less.. Alexandra will flop.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unicorns wrote: »
    OMG now I'm kinda worried for Union J because I think they signed with RCA. I was hoping they'd sign to someone bigger, like Epic.. but no such luck, sigh.

Well, I have mixed feelings about RCA but I don't think there's any way of knowing how good they'll be with promoting Union J until they enter their first proper era. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't. I think their main issue is that as a label, they don't have all that much money, so they tend to sign acts who they see as a safe bet - unfortunately with Aiden they left it too long to release his album for it to be a safe bet (although in some ways I'm glad they did as the quality of the album wouldn't have been there if they'd rushed it through like they did with Marcus.)

I do wish they would stop signing XF acts, though, and focus on the ones they have. Hopefully Union J will do the business for them so they have a bit more money to play about with.
    Forum Member
    Little Mix will do well in America, not too well.. maybe Cher Lloyd level or less.. Alexandra will flop.

And why is that exactly? She's backed by several US stars already and has built a fanbase over there for the past two years. And the US love confident women like her they wouldn't come up with nonsense like 'she's arrogant, oh she's annoying' just because she spoke....:rolleyes: So if she releases an infectious song and it gathers airplay and promotes the song effectively then she will do well.:)
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    And why is that exactly? She's backed by several US stars already and has built a fanbase over there for the past two years. And the US love confident women like her they wouldn't come up with nonsense like 'she's arrogant, oh she's annoying' just because she spoke....:rolleyes: So if she releases an infectious song and it gathers airplay and promotes the song effectively then she will do well.:)

I know and I like her, but don't u think there are a lot of singers like her at the moment? :confused:
    Forum Member
    1D - Continue their success both UK/US
    Rebecca - 2nd album will do the same as 1st in the UK and in the US it will sell much more than her debut.
    Cher - 2nd album will do well in the US, don't know about the UK it depends on syco.
    Olly - Still getting bigger and bigger
    Matt - Gone
    Amelia & Misha B - albums won't sell too much
    Forum Member
    I know and I like her, but don't u think there are a lot of singers like her at the moment? :confused:

I'm not sure there is, Alexandra's voice is dramatic contralto so quite distinctive from other females in the industry at the moment.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu222 wrote: »
    Little Mix - Change Your Life hits Number 3 and sells well. 1st single from 2nd Album arrives late 2013. Sign joint US deal with Columbia.

They've already done this.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

No. There really aren't. Lots of females, but not lots and lots of soul singers. And out of most recent singers, the vast majority don't have the incredible power and control her and Leona (as another example) have. Her vocal abilityis irrelevant as her career trajectory has showed. It's all about the songs.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    All about music, connections and styling. PR will help.

UK success. Maybe international depending on Syco. Because it really does.

Yes. Olly will be like Robbie W. People like him and he-cowrites. Credibility galore. Radio love him here. 1D are a boyband, so that's all I'll say. Out by 2017.

Amelia not so sure, she releases music but isn't charting for long periods of time. She like Misha needs a big radio tour.

LM have a fanbase online. Alex does too. It depends on promo, singles released and how hard they want to work. I know Alex is a hard worker on promotion, and LM did a lot too. Each act is beautiful and talented. The music must play to their strengths.

James will have success, maybe Ella, not sure on the others.

- What's next for Leona?
    Release Come Alive and then Sugar and Glassheart. All she can do. Next album must be edgy, relevant and fun too.

No idea. Depends if she can actually get it out tbh.