Options

Songs you are SICK of hearing......

Comments

• Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What songs are you fed of up hearing day in day out.

These have my vote:

Labrinth and Emeli Sande - "Beneath You're Beautiful" - Just a wet drippy droppy pussy ballad that is ridiciously overplayed......

It was shown on TOTP at Christmas as Beneath Your Beautiful.

I checked and that is how it is spelled.

Grammar police? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Re: Bruno Mars - Locked out of Heaven

The Police called to report a robbery. They want their sound back :p

This, I used to shout at the radio when DJ's would say he's so FRESH and doing something not done before. It sounds exactly like a Police song, just not as iconic or amazing.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It was shown on TOTP at Christmas as Beneath Your Beautiful.

I checked and that is how it is spelled.

Grammar police? :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that the misspelling was intentional. Ridiculous :rolleyes: Is it really that much effort to spell it properly?
    Gangam style

I forgot about that one and Come On Eileen.
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just about everything which gets murdered on The X Factor and The Voice.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,042
    Forum Member
    Try/Just Give Me A Reason - P!nk (As a rule, I like P!nk and I actually really liked JGMAR when I first heard it but it's been played to death, sadly.)
    Flashdance - Irene Cara (Heart's "more music variety" doesn't go back any further than the 80s. This is one of the songs that they like to play on a daily basis as "variety" :rolleyes:)
    Make You Feel My Love - Adele (I really liked Adele in 2008. It's a shame that constant airplay has ruined the listening experience for me now)

Needless to say, I don't listen to Heart in my own time. Their playlist is ridiculously limited.
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Emeli Sande and her Awful bleating Clown and Read All about it part whatever she's on.

Ahh...tell me about it! I turned the radio off at work today because they played this for the 3rd time in 2 hours. (Heart)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Smells Like Chocolate by the 1975
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Olly murs - Army of 2
    Pink - Just give a reason
    Sande - read all about it
    Any no direction song
    Calvin harris - i need your love
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink - Just Give Me A Reason (Probably my own fault, I played it so much when it first came out :o)
    Emeli Sande - Read All About, Clown
    Rihanna - Diamonds, Stay, We Found Love
    Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven (Another song I liked when it first came out)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Second Bite Of The Apple by Beady Eye
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Ticketmaster play Laura Mvula - Green Garden and Lumineers. If I never hear these two again it'll be too soon after waiting on the line for 20mins.:mad:
  • Options
    CeeOCeeO Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Walks Like Rihanna - Terrible, terrible song.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe - i'll call her something she won't like!

That horrible 'Only Teardrops' song by that awful whiney strangle-voiced Emmelie De Forest.

Gotye - agree with others; liked it initially but now... grrrrrrrrr.

Get Lucky - I get the distinct impression everyones heard it by now, and if they like it they've bought it/downloaded it and don't need to hear it every half hour.

Bruno Mars - Trouble - I like this tune a lot and anything that brings back the funk to the charts gets my vote, but steady on lads, don't murder this one.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    ICome On Eileen.

Aw, I LOVE that song, Dexy's rule!
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shall have fun with this...

Adele - Someone Like you
    Labrinth ft Emeli Sande - Beneath You`re Beautiful
    Any ABBA song
    Pink - Just give me a reason
    Carly Ray Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
    Daft Punk - Get Lucky
    Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger
    Pitbull ft Christina Aguilera - Feel This Moment
    Rihanna - We Found Love
    Rihanna - Disturbia
    Rihanna - Whats my name
    Rihanna - Diamonds
    Calvin Harris ft Ellie Goulding - I need Your Love
    Icona Pop - I love it or something like that
    Any Will.I.am song
    Jessie J - Domino
    Jessie J - Wild or whatever it is
    Emeli Sande - Next To Me
    Emeli Sande - My Kind Of Love
  • Options
    woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna- we found love

Snow patrol- chasing cars. Sorry but thanks to too much play on radio ,it has killed the song for me. I prob would still like it if it wasn't played so much on radio
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    That hideous 'Diamonds' song by Rihanna, I think she sounds her most nasally in this song.

Also
    Marry You - Bruno Mars
    Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5

and this terrible new electro/jazz song with horns and a screechy female singer, they always play on my local radio (my parents leave it on in the background) it is so annoying, I can't remember what its called as I usually plug my ears everytime it comes on. I swear to god the DJ plays it at least twice a day,maybe he's going out with the lead singer or something.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Try/Just Give Me A Reason - P!nk (As a rule, I like P!nk and I actually really liked JGMAR when I first heard it but it's been played to death, sadly.)
    Flashdance - Irene Cara (Heart's "more music variety" doesn't go back any further than the 80s. This is one of the songs that they like to play on a daily basis as "variety" :rolleyes:)
    Make You Feel My Love - Adele (I really liked Adele in 2008. It's a shame that constant airplay has ruined the listening experience for me now)

Needless to say, I don't listen to Heart in my own time. Their playlist is ridiculously limited.

Ahh...tell me about it! I turned the radio off at work today because they played this for the 3rd time in 2 hours. (Heart)

It's used on every Tv montage too it's like please just stop now :p

And yes JGMAR a perfect example of good song ruined but needlessly overplaying it to the point of annoyance :o

Also Blurred Lines it isn't a fanatstic song its okay at best so why this need to hype it, play it way beyond it's worth is beyond me and i switch off when ever i hear it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    We Found Love
    Get Lucky
    Give Me Everything
    Let it Go (the clubby one)
    Don't you worry child
    Levels
    We'll be coming back
    RIP
    hot Right Now
    Without you
    Whistle
    Bounce
    Miami 2 Ibiza

I hate club music. Worst student in the world. I like my miserable unheard of, music thank you very much.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lumineers - Ho Hey I've heard it so many times now it's annoying I did like it but it's on all the time now.
    Azealia Banks - 212 same reasons as above and this is always played in clubs.
    Nelly - Hey Porsche
    Any song by or featuring Pitbull or FloRida especially "Whistle"
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex on bleedin' fire.
  • Options
    lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moves like Jagger was released 2 years and 3 days ago.

If you turn your radio on, you would think it was the current UK number one. I hate it with a passion. It wasn't even particularly great in the first place, so why Heart and Capital and the like feel the need to play it every bleeding 20 minutes is beyond me.

I actually thought Maroon 5's first album was ok, but everything they release these days just seems to infuriate me.

That bleeding song :mad:
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Naughy boy - la la la

Doesn't help that there's a little kid who repeatedly sings lalalslalalalallalala fking lalalalalla
  • Options
    casualtyno1fancasualtyno1fan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where do I start with this?

We Found Love - Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the song, I'm just fed up of hearing it every two seconds. Well, I say that... it's calmed down a lot now, but when it first came out, it was 2011's 'Read All About It' (which ironically was released the same year!), i.e. being played every single hour on the hour.

Domino - I have to switch over every time this comes on as Jessie J's voice just grates on me in this song. I like her other music, though.

Read All About It - If I have to hear this one more time, I'm going to scream. Are British radio and television music stations incapable of playing any other song? In fact, I'm just going to add all of Emeli Sande's minus Heaven here. The overexposure is just unreal - not her as a person, that's calmed down a little, but everywhere I go I hear Emeli Sande. It's like I'm being stalked by her!

Get Lucky - never understood the hype around it personally, and hear this like every hour, too.

Someone Like You - my fault, I overplayed this to DEATH when it first came out.

Make You Feel My Love - beautiful song killed by overexposure.

Sex on Fire / Use Somebody - they had what I like to call 'The X Factor Effect' - i.e. used EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. in some way.

Anything by Tulisa. I know her songs aren't overplayed, but just hearing her voice is enough to make my blood boil, so I feel I should include her in here.

I could be here for quite some time, so I'll just leave it at this.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie Willimas- Candy (in fact all Robbie Williams songs but this in particular.) just the most pathetic attempt at being ironically cool and hip just sickens me its a contrived piece of crap and i hate it and yet they still continue to play it and play it and play it :mad:
  • Options
    barneybbarneyb Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Anything by Taylor Swift

Anything by Emeli Sande

...oh and I also detest Moves Like Jagger....the song that just won't die !!!
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add.

Rizzle Kicks - Mama do the humps