Atlantis premiere: potential 50th teaser/trailer/other promotion?

Comments

• saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, come on Apologists. Talk this one up!

Don't worry. They will somehow! Quite how I am intrigued to know.
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, come on Apologists. Talk this one up!

Someone post it to youtube so we can see it in the US!
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Satmanager wrote: »

post what?

There's nothing to see!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    post what?

There's nothing to see!

It was that bad! Sorry about that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Go on Microsoft paint. Write #Save the Day in tacky gold/caramac font and then imagine Matt Smith mumbling something about it being the day of the doctor. That's it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just wondering, do you think whoever wrote this on the official website had seen it? I don't think that had much repeat value!
    we’ll have them right here on the official site so you can watch for weeks after they air!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also. The whole hash tag thing is crass and tacky. Most viewers don't care about Twitter. We don't want some flash in the pan social media cross over rubbish. We want a decent episode. And a bloody trailer for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go on Microsoft paint. Write #Save the Day in tacky gold/caramac font and then imagine Matt Smith mumbling something about it being the day of the doctor. That's it.

BBC America isn't even showing Altantis. We don't get that either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    I'm just wondering, do you think whoever wrote this on the official website had seen it? I don't think that had much repeat value!

Nope. Just part of the empty PR blather machine which was also responsible for lying about the shoe taking over TV and also claimed a trailer would be imminent after Comic Con. Its media studies GNVQ level stuff.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no defense for this, really. Though I hope the next teaser(s) will be more in this vein...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh4qdWNAE88
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC America isn't even showing Altantis. We don't get that either.

well its rubbish so far and the leading man looks like a canoeing instructor not a mythological hero.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know. Doctor Who fans with their sense of entitl.....no, perhaps not. :p (only caught it cos I was watching SCD for Mark Benton. I lead an exciting life. :o )
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, that was exactly my point. As a teeny tiny tease, something just to get the ball rolling and pique a little interest, it was fine.

But to announce it, to suggest people should make a point to watch it, that was ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no defense for this, really. Though I hope the next teaser(s) will be more in this vein...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh4qdWNAE88

see. That's only ten seconds but a worthy ten seconds. Also see how The Avengers 2 managed an effective and striking teaser before they have even filmed a single scene! Day of the Doctor is in the can already! I am sure once we get some proper material it'll be fantastic but this is piss poor so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and the leading man looks like a canoeing instructor not a mythological hero.

Oh salad, you've made me laugh with that! I'm trying to give it a chance, but that was far too close to the truth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    See, that was exactly my point. As a teeny tiny tease, something just to get the ball rolling and pique a little interest, it was fine.

But to announce it, to suggest people should make a point to watch it, that was ridiculous.

quite. Critical as I have been if that had been quietly slipped into the advertising schedule and I saw it by surprise I would've been like 'Oh cool. Finally. Something. A bit rubbish. But still!'

But to have hyped that up appointment viewing knowing alot of fans will be waiting for it is just a bit cheeky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    see. That's only ten seconds but a worthy ten seconds. Also see how The Avengers 2 managed an effective and striking teaser before they have even filmed a single scene! Day of the Doctor is in the can already! I am sure once we get some proper material it'll be fantastic but this is piss poor so far.

Totally agree. Goodness me, I can imagine the BBC One social media person starting to brick it after today... All we need is one 5 second shot of Matt and David acting together and we'll probably mostly be satisfied!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    Oh salad, you've made me laugh with that! I'm trying to give it a chance, but that was far to close to the truth.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if anyone really wants to watch it again - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-OvuRMoS7k&feature=youtu.be&a
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree. Goodness me, I can imagine the BBC One social media person starting to brick it after today... All we need is one 5 second shot of Matt and David acting together and we'll probably mostly be satisfied!

See its funny when people tall about entitlement. Because I always find as fans we are pretty happy with any scraps we get. Just a few seconds of footage would get many views from me. I don't expect a two minute cinema trailer extravaganza. But there are limits. And that 'sting' looked tacky and all a bit 'well this will do for a few more weeks eh guys?'. Erm no. No it won't.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could give out little cards to save the day:D
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Here's the second one which is going out after Atlantis...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01hmwv4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh well that's much better!...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks, I can stop watching canoe bloke now (the sounds was already off, I gave up).

I rate that as an improvement, just because it's the original music. Think positive!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Okay, now that one is good. :D
    Hartnell theme... Oh my goodness. :D