Options

Ipad not connecting

kareena46kareena46 Posts: 99
Forum Member
I love my IPad and use it every day just to play bingo etc. Up till now it has been great but now it just refuses to connect to the internet. I have checked that wifi is turned on and have done nothing different, it is trying like mad to connect but just will not. I know I have a good connection because I am on my lap top now.
Can one of you experts give me some advice please.

Comments

• Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried resetting it by holding the power and the home button until the apple appears .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, just tried but no luck. Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take it to a friend or relation's house and see if it will connect to their wifi. If it does, it's something up with your wifi. If it doesn't, it's the iPad, so take it to your local Apple store and let them have a look at it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cheers Grumpy, I will try the friends house now.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kareena46 wrote: »
    I love my IPad and use it every day just to play bingo etc. Up till now it has been great but now it just refuses to connect to the internet. I have checked that wifi is turned on and have done nothing different, it is trying like mad to connect but just will not. I know I have a good connection because I am on my lap top now.
    Can one of you experts give me some advice please.

In the screen where you select what WiFi network to connect to touch the arrow on the right of the entry for your WiFi network. Then in the next screen touch and hold "Forget this network" for a couple of seconds and a confirmation prompt should pop up. Touch OK on this.

Then go back to the WiFi selection screen and touch your network and re-enter your WiFi password.

See if that works.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Try turning your router off wait about 30 seconds and power it back on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tried all that but no luck. Cheers, next stop Apple shop.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try resetting network settings. It's in the settings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL, ya gotta laugh.....I have been on the phone to a BT guy for 45 minutes, he had me almost out of my mind with his suggestions. I had a needle stuck in the reset button till my fingers hurt, he had me putting in the pin number till I knew it by heart and in the end suggested I contact Apple.

I feel like chucking the thing in the bin to be honest.
  • Options
    testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    Reset button? Needle? Have you tried backing up your iPad and then restoring from the backup?