Confusion - Spud Task

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
Forum Member
Am I understanding it wrong, as i've read and scanned a few threads, but wondering if it's me:

The Hell people can nominate once the spuds are peeled, there's no time limit on it? As this is how it reads to me, thus they will get to nominate, it's just a question of when!!

Comments

• FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I understanding it wrong, as i've read and scanned a few threads, but wondering if it's me:

The Hell people can nominate once the spuds are peeled, there's no time limit on it? As this is how it reads to me, thus they will get to nominate, it's just a question of when!!

I can hear Davina on Friday:

"The Hell side have just finished peeling the potatos and are now nominating. Once completed, we'll add up the votes then you, the public, will have 5 minutes to have your say before we close the phone lines." :D
  • gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member

yeah that's about it.
  • nairneynairney Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Sounds rubbish then!
  • LatiosLatios Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many potatoes are there? And if there's no time limit that's just dumb......
  • Slave2lifeSlave2life Posts: 3,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have just actually finished, which means noms will be going on for a long time, well into the evening. That is of course if they have managed to pass this task.
    Forum Member
    Don't BB need to check all the taters as well to make sure they are up to scratch?
  • Square PegSquare Peg Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I can hear Davina on Friday:

"The Hell side have just finished peeling the potatos and are now nominating. Once completed, we'll add up the votes then you, the public, will have 5 minutes to have your say before we close the phone lines." :D

Don't be silly, it would be "...Once completed, we'll add up the votes then no matter what the count is, Luke and Bex still won't be up." :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Just a thought (and I don't mean to sound holier than thou etc) but what will happen to all these potatoes they have peeled? Surely if they just chuck them all in the bin it will be a huge waste of resources / food.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nairney wrote: »
    Just a thought (and I don't mean to sound holier than thou etc) but what will happen to all these potatoes they have peeled? Surely if they just chuck them all in the bin it will be a huge waste of resources / food.

They are value price potatoes so, when all totalled up, they will be able to say they only wasted £5 worth of food.
  • caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nairney wrote: »
    Don't BB need to check all the taters as well to make sure they are up to scratch?

That's mostly irrelevant. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Isnt there spuds in the vegtable patch? The laminate said ALL potatoes in the garden so surely this will include them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They have to be peeled to BB's satisfaction. Do you think Bex can manage that?
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The potatoes will probably be used either for the local chip shop or the BB canteen if they are used at all. I think they wanted a task that would allow the Heavenly lot to nominate first so that they couldn't be swayed by the hellites public nominations ( if it comes to that)
    If it had been in alphabetical order, the heavenlies would have been able to get their own back onthe ones who nominatred them openly( if darnell has to do this or goes with this)

So it's a double edged sword, the hellites would have to reveal their noms but the heavenlies don't geta chance at revenge. Plus the hellites are unlikely to nom their own side as they still have a few days to live with them on the hell side, and its pyschologically easier to nom rivals across the divide.