Talksport Chat (Part 11)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,486
Administrator
clm2071 wrote: »
Gough doesn't think before he speaks, just this afternoon he was banging on about Spurs doing well despite only having 2 strikers (JD and EA), Adrian mentioned Bale but Gough insisted he didn't count as he is a midfielder, Adrian asked him about Chelsea only having Torres and Ba to which he replied that they have Mata and Hazard as well!
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1663405

Comments

• jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
      Forum Member
        Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1663405

Am I first again.:rolleyes:
      • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,428
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        jackyork wrote: »
        Am I first again.:rolleyes:

Only by the skin of your teeth bhoyo ! :p
      • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Stan collymore talking rubbish people should support who they want Barnsley for example who the hell wants to support them they are in a relugation battle thanks but no thanks.
      • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Heard Brough Scott on the breaky show this morning talking to Big Al about the nags, my how time's a great healer can anyone remember Brough at the very start of Talk Radio when he worked alongside Adrian Durham on the breakfast show?. You might not because he was only there a couple of days before he was given the chop, :p .... I'll let Gingernuts take up the story, .........

http://youtu.be/HE4KFMed4f0
      • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,273
        Forum Member
        Redunited wrote: »
        Stan collymore talking rubbish people should support who they want Barnsley for example who the hell wants to support them they are in a relugation battle thanks but no thanks.

Bit harsh to pick out Barnsley...but a fair general point.

Does Collymore himself pop off to championship relegation battles each week or watch Man U v....
      • Mallory99Mallory99 Posts: 1,270
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Mark F wrote: »
        Bit harsh to pick out Barnsley...but a fair general point.

Does Collymore himself pop off to championship relegation battles each week or watch Man U v....

To be fair, Collymore is paid to watch PL matches most weekends.
      • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
        Forum Member
        :rolleyes: So if one day Man Utd find themselves in Barnsley's position, would you still support them ?
      • Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
        Forum Member
        ✭✭

You're not exactly blowing away any stereotypes about United fans with that post. Specifically the last bit.
      • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,421
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        I'm going off topic but it is being widely reported that James Whale and LBC have parted company. There's no way back for him at Talksport in view of the swap to 24 hours sports coverage, leaving to the side the fact he got fired the last time around:D

For me, it would be radio heaven if he came back and joined up with his old partner in crime Ash, but it's not gonna happen. Wot a station we USED to have:(
      • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,273
        Forum Member
        Mallory99 wrote: »
        To be fair, Collymore is paid to watch PL matches most weekends.

No that is true.

I do think its harsh to have a pop at fans who support the big clubs even if they can be arrogrant at times...so long as they've been a fan of said team for a life time rather than swapping teams etc.
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        I'll always support man utd whatever league we in.Unlike some jhonny come latelys.Like these city fans coming out.Will stan collymore support Aston villa in the championship?
        James whale left or sacked out of order.Lbc should be renamed Lpc (London politically correct station).Now Kay burley taking over another Murdoch supporter they lost it global out of touch radio station.
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Venetian wrote: »
        I'm going off topic but it is being widely reported that James Whale and LBC have parted company. There's no way back for him at Talksport in view of the swap to 24 hours sports coverage, leaving to the side the fact he got fired the last time around:D

For me, it would be radio heaven if he came back and joined up with his old partner in crime Ash, but it's not gonna happen. Wot a station we USED to have:(

Having had a look in the lbc thread Ven, (something I never do these days since they stopped their northern transmitter from pumping out signals to us up 'ere in't norf) it would seem it's now official and Whale has been given his marching orders after 5 years. Not a chance in hell of him returning to 1089 of course as it's now 24 hour football, when you think of some of the really good presenters out there now not working on national radio it only makes me think should a brand new talk station ever start up they wouldn't have much trouble filling their new schedule with very talented presenters.

Come on some bugger please start one up and let's have a real broadside fight with talkSPORT for most listeners, by the way you'll win hands down.
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        I'm worried, I'm very worried, .... for Sam Matterface, should Manchester United score tonight I just know he'll EXPLODE like a bomb going off like he always does but this time with so much at stake it'll be extra over-the-top and I fear he might have a fatal heart attack or stroke. :( I hope he's on medication, if not he should see his doctor and get some, I remember well the Manchester City final match of the season last year I thought he might come a cropper then but he got through it thankfully maybe tonight is the night when talkSPORT " Exclusively" have the first ever fatal live commentary. :(:cry:

It's only a football match Smatter, calm down a bit. ;)
      • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Billy244 wrote: »
        Having had a look in the lbc thread Ven, (something I never do these days since they stopped their northern transmitter from pumping out signals to us up 'ere in't norf) it would seem it's now official and Whale has been given his marching orders after 5 years. Not a chance in hell of him returning to 1089 of course as it's now 24 hour football, when you think of some of the really good presenters out there now not working on national radio it only makes me think should a brand new talk station ever start up they wouldn't have much trouble filling their new schedule with very talented presenters.

Come on some bugger please start one up and let's have a real broadside fight with talkSPORT for most listeners, by the way you'll win hands down.

I still get LBC and I live near Manchester. Has the signal gone from alot of northern places ?
        Talksport before it became 24 hour Sport had big listening figures. I bet its gone down alot.
      • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,342
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        I still get LBC and I live near Manchester. Has the signal gone from alot of northern places ?
        Talksport before it became 24 hour Sport had big listening figures. I bet its gone down alot.

1- it's gone from Yorkshire and will probably disappear in Manchester when MXR closes on 24 September. MXR is also closing in South Wales/Bristol, the Midlands and the North-East at various points this summer.

2 - the listening figures are still over 3 million and they are only slightly down from the peak of 2010. Keys & Gray have record audiences for the 10am-1pm slot, so more than Parry or Gaunt when they were doing that slot.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/rajar/
      • saint paulsaint paul Posts: 206
        Forum Member
        Wasn't there some talk about if talksport went 24sport a sister station would be set up 24talk ?
        Is that still on the horizon?
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Dump Real Madrid out please.Not having another Spanish successful year.
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        saint paul wrote: »
        Wasn't there some talk about if talksport went 24sport a sister station would be set up 24talk ?
        Is that still on the horizon?

Yes there were plans to start a new all talk sister station but it never happened, it wasn't recent or anything to do with the station going 24 hour football though it was way back long ago. Would you like a new non-sporting talk station saint paul? would you listen to it instead of talkSPORT or listen to it more than talkSPORT?, I would for certain, I'd still pick and choose certain talkSPORT programs that I like but the majority of my listening would be on the new station if it came into being.
        All this will happen one day soon, a new nationally broadcast current affairs talk station WILL start up because Britain hasn't got one and badly needs one for the tens of millions of radio listeners out there most of whom are sick to the back teeth of blanket football coverage on talkSPORT, sick of humourless BBC Radio 5 and don't want to hear about everything that is going on in London and the surrounding areas on LBC especially the millions that don't live down there.
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        SouthCity wrote: »
        1- it's gone from Yorkshire and will probably disappear in Manchester when MXR closes on 24 September. MXR is also closing in South Wales/Bristol, the Midlands and the North-East at various points this summer.

2 - the listening figures are still over 3 million and they are only slightly down from the peak of 2010. Keys & Gray have record audiences for the 10am-1pm slot, so more than Parry or Gaunt when they were doing that slot.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/rajar/

Losing current affairs on talkSPORT and then all of LBC when they turned of the transmitter has been a massive blow for radio fans in the north, I'm still getting by listening to my 14gb Sony NWZ-S765 (mp3 player) which I load up full from the podcasts available over the internet.
      • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        All this will happen one day soon, a new nationally broadcast current affairs talk station WILL start up because Britain hasn't got one and badly needs one for the tens of millions of radio listeners out there most of whom are sick to the back teeth of blanket football coverage on talkSPORT, sick of humourless BBC Radio 5 and don't want to hear about everything that is going on in London and the surrounding areas on LBC especially the millions that don't live down there.

I hope a national talk station will appear. The stuff Talksport covers overnight can easily be found with an internet search and is covered enough in daytime and evening shows. Padding in the extreme.
        I switched to LBC and Radio 5 because I don't want to listen to sport talk after 10 pm.
      • saint paulsaint paul Posts: 206
        Forum Member
        Yes there were plans to start a new all talk sister station but it never happened, it wasn't recent or anything to do with the station going 24 hour football though it was way back long ago. Would you like a new non-sporting talk station saint paul? would you listen to it instead of talkSPORT or listen to it more than talkSPORT?, I would for certain, I'd still pick and choose certain talkSPORT programs that I like but the majority of my listening would be on the new station if it came into being.

I would listern to a talkradio station, the overnight 'extra time' slot is terrible, but in fairness so was what was before hand with the same callers calling up all the time.

I've listern to talk/radiosport since the beginning and I think they got close to an ideal format for me around 10/12 years ago.

In the end i brought a ipod dock so I could listern to internet radio from around the world, I like space and science things so i now listern to Astronomy FM overnight just to get away from the same column inches and sound bite discussions all the papers and radio feed from.

I'm sure there is the market for a intelligent talk radio format which could have a high level of listerner interation.
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        saint paul wrote: »
        I would listern to a talkradio station, the overnight 'extra time' slot is terrible, but in fairness so was what was before hand with the same callers calling up all the time.

I've listern to talk/radiosport since the beginning and I think they got close to an ideal format for me around 10/12 years ago.

In the end i brought a ipod dock so I could listern to internet radio from around the world, I like space and science things so i now listern to Astronomy FM overnight just to get away from the same column inches and sound bite discussions all the papers and radio feed from.

I'm sure there is the market for a intelligent talk radio format which could have a high level of listerner interation.

I'm sure there's a market out there too for good intelligent talk radio but I have been told on here many many times by regular members there isn't and this has often confused me because the members saying it were extremely sensible people who are often right on many matters so who knows really. Do you like shows like "Let's Talk About Tech" "Dr Karl and the Naked Scientist" and "Outriders" all on BBC Radio 5 and on podcast, I listen to all these shows via podcast. I also really love "In Our Time With Melvyn Bragg" on Radio 4, Melvyn Bragg and a select panel discuss in some detail a different subject every week and it's great listening. {two favourites were the shows when they discussed 'Custer's Last Stand' and the Battle Of The Little Bighorn, and The Battle of Bannockburn where our jock friends spanked our asses and sent us packing, these two shows are still available on podcast and are well worth hearing}
        I used to be a regular overnight listener to talkSPORT, I didn't listen all through the night but I often would listen into the early hours before dropping off to sleep, since it went sport I never ever bother tuning in to them now they have lost me as a listener like so many thousands more. :(
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        I hope a national talk station will appear. The stuff Talksport covers overnight can easily be found with an internet search and is covered enough in daytime and evening shows. Padding in the extreme.
        I switched to LBC and Radio 5 because I don't want to listen to sport talk after 10 pm.

One day soon it will happen Pink, keep the faith. :)
      • Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        Goldstein was a hilarious embarrassment tonight.
        In a major sulk. Wouldn't listen to any contrary opinions at at one stage shouted at a caller to shut up.
        When Cundy is the voice of reason then you know something's gone haywire.
      • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
        Forum Member
        Flashy Vic wrote: »
        Goldstein was a hilarious embarrassment tonight.
        In a major sulk. Wouldn't listen to any contrary opinions at at one stage shouted at a caller to shut up.
        When Cundy is the voice of reason then you know something's gone haywire.

I listened to the first few minutes and thought so too.

This is the trouble with employing juvenile "fans" to chair what is supposed to be a phone-in discussion programme. If the guy in the chair won't allow any other opinion, there is little point in anyone calling.
      This discussion has been closed.