Jessie J feat. Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj - Bang Bang

Comments

• Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting very bored of this urban band pop trend. This is okay, probably a grower but it feels like it's missing something, some edge or brashness. Jessie's solo isn't anything to write home about and Ariana can sing well but her voice isn't very exciting to listen to - there's a tinny quality to it. I usually love Nicki features (they're almost always better than her own songs) but this wasn't spectacular.

How I wish we could give this song to 2000s Christina Aguilera, P!nk and Lil Kim.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. The song feels like it was put together by a committee rather than a producer. The chorus is irritating too.

And I don't buy Ariana being a 'bad girl' for one second.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the snippets, but hate the finished product. It feels a little overcrowded. If you're going to pile artists into one song, it has to be the right song. You can't just get 3+ singers and expect to replicate Lady Marmalade.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No23 here on iTunes, date needs a closer date, three weeks tops
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »

Apparently the song is released on iTunes on 29th September which is too far IMO.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Apparently the song is released on iTunes on 29th September which is too far IMO.

I know, the song will get the no1 spot even if they release it this week, wait till then the hype will be over, I don't get this new preorder thing with two month waits, I hope the chart company can stop this with new rules regarding chart placements
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Seeing as the song is released on 28 September and it appears on Ariana Grande's album which is out 25 August, everyone will buy her album instead just for the song as it also includes her next single "Break Free" featuring Zedd.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chorus really, really drags it down. Sounds like elevator music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just listened to it & my ears hurt. It's all too shrill.
    And I'm baffled as to why Ariana Grande is so popular.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with pretty much everything you've said. The song feels like it was put together by a committee rather than a producer. The chorus is irritating too.

And I don't buy Ariana being a 'bad girl' for one second.

That's the impression I get about a lot of Jessie J stuff. Like she's trying to cover all the bases. She does a song that's a bit Katy Perry or Pink sounding, then she'll do something a bit Rihanna, now she's doing more urban etc. and then she'll do a screechy ballad about how much she loves herself.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's being partnered with well known artists. None of her solo songs were hit. But now she has done songs with Iggy Azaela, Zedd and now Jessie J and Nicki Minaj, she has all of the sudden become the new current pop darling. Says a lot that she can't bag a hit by her name alone. Half of her upcoming album is all full of collabs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Absolute crock of shit, is this seriously what people want to listen to? >:( Three nympho casting couch princesses squealing over a false impression of yesteryear does not good music make. Genuinely angry I spent 90 seconds listening to this crock of shit.
    Forum Member
    Absolute crock of shit, is this seriously what people want to listen to? >:( Three nympho casting couch princesses squealing over a false impression of yesteryear does not good music make. Genuinely angry I spent 90 seconds listening to this crock of shit.

Well nobody forced you to listen to it. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    The uk can get it on the 22nd bit of a joke tbh
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I read a comment on youtube that was talking about them singing like chipmunks which I found funny & somewhat accurate.
    It's quite unpleasant to listen to because of their voices. I couldn't listen to it till the end.

I keep wondering if the song I found on youtube isn't a sped up version of the actual song cause the rap sounds so rushed & their voices are so shrill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpj83UAdjNc
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very messy I thought though not the worst song ever.

I really don't think Ariana needed to feature on this. This could've easily been Jessie J ft. Nicki Minaj but whatever!
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    That's the impression I get about a lot of Jessie J stuff. Like she's trying to cover all the bases. She does a song that's a bit Katy Perry or Pink sounding, then she'll do something a bit Rihanna, now she's doing more urban etc. and then she'll do a screechy ballad about how much she loves herself.

LOL I've been saying that about Jessie J since her first single. I absolutely hated Do It Like A Dude. It wasn't just shite, it was also fake as. To go from DILAD, to Price Tag (which I'll admit I liked at the time), to the screech fest that was Nobody's Perfect with vocals that would make dogs chase their tails in a frenzy. It was like three songs by completely different artists, not all from Jessie J. Just...no!!!

Her last album was even worse. I still don't get the fuzz over such non songs as Wild and It's My Party. Two songs I thought would bomb and somehow managed top 5 in the UK. Baffling.

Oh, and Bang Bang isn't much cop either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    such an awful song
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats! You just got me a new worst song!
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously an unpopular opinion but i still love it!
    Forum Member
    She needs to hurry up and release the music video.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Obviously an unpopular opinion but i still love it!
    Maybe on here but overall I wouldn't say it was an unpopular opinion I love it as well :).
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »

Why do they do this ?? . The song is on the radio , it's in the US top 10 , and they wait a month before releasing it in the UK . Stupid tactics . It can even back fire .
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    She needs to hurry up and release the music video.

She has been filming it for a week or more , must be done now , and out soon .
    Strange to release the song in USA with out a video . But this has happened a few times now, one example being Rihanna .
    Forum Member
    Strange to release the song in USA with out a video . But this has happened a few times now, one example being Rihanna .

The music video now premieres on the day her, Ariana and Nicki perform together at the VMAs which I believe is this week or next.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The did two days of filming and the video is already edited and everything is finalized. They are being smart and are releasing the video around the VMAs which are this Sunday because they are performing it so it will have a lot of hype so that will bring extra views to the video which will help boost the chart position due to all the streaming plus the guaranteed boost in iTunes sales from the performance.