Options

Heart Stations

Comments

• Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I drive a taxi and flit between Radio 2 and C.D's. On maybe 3 occasions during the past 9 years young women have asked if I could switch over to Heart/MFM ( wwhatever it was at the time ) I just laugh and say I've got 12 FM presets and not ONE is set to 103.4.

Just imagine you were picking up after a big showbiz music bash,and Bruno Mars,John Legend and Ellie Goulding all got in your cab.

You'd have half the Heart playlist in the back of your taxi.
  • Options
    digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Heart Bingo was when you got all of the following:

- School run
    - Sam Smith
    - Who's On Heart
    - (Better chance than ever of winning Who's On Heart
    - Club classic
    - (Message from delivery driver)
    - Heart app mention
    - (Message from someone listening on holiday via the Heart app)
    - Jason Donervan and his 80's show
    - More music variety reference
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    digiwigi wrote: »

- School run
    - Sam Smith
    - Who's On Heart
    - Club classic
    - Heart app mention

Bugger just needed five seconds of dead air for a full house !!!😢😢😢
    Oh well maybe tomorrow 😁😁
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digiwigi wrote: »

- School run
    - Sam Smith
    - Who's On Heart
    - Club classic
    - Heart app mention

I like this,but as I only ever listen to Heart during the night,I'm unlikely to ever hear the school run reference. As for Who's on Heart, I think it's Francis Drake,Napoleon,or George Formby,or maybe George the pink hippo from Rainbow. But I've not got through on the phone yet.

As for the holiday one,don't get me started. As another poster mentioned when they want you to "text in and tell us what you're doing", during the night there's always at least one smug text that goes, "We're driving to the airport for the start of our holiday in Portugal/Spain/ the US",wherever it is,and I think,fine,but why do you feel the need to tell everybody? Do you think we care? Because we don't.

And anybody who goes on holiday to a foreign country and STILL wants to listen to Heart when they're there,well,I'd say,surely you can do without Ellie Goulding,Bruno Mars and Debarge for a week or so. Don't worry,they'll all still be here when you get back.
  • Options
    Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Clarke will be on the Heart network on Sunday morning from 8am to 12

Lucy Ellis will be on a double shift next Sunday shes on 01:00 to 06:00 then she is in for Jenny Francis 22:00 to 01:00 on Sunday night
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do love Lucy Ellis. She has a great personality and voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bank holiday Monday changes

Matt Wilkinson will be on heart London breakfast on Monday 6am to 10am

Rich Clarke is on the heart network 10am to 13:00

Margherita Taylor is on the heart network 13:00 to 16:00

Roberto is on heart London 16:00 to 19:00

Dan Mills is on the heart network 19:00 to 22:00 followed by Lucy Ellis 22:00 to 01:00
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Wright has signed for Strictly Come Dancing. I wonder if he'll have time to pre record his Heart shows?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Mark Wright has signed for Strictly Come Dancing. I wonder if he'll have time to pre record his Heart shows?

Would have thought so he could even do it on a Sunday if needs be given the Sunday vote off it thing they do is recorded on the Saturday night and aired on Sundays
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time heart got the page below updated Nick Snaith left ages ago

http://www.heart.co.uk/on-air/schedule/
  • Options
    Sky_TechSky_Tech Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    About time heart got the page below updated Nick Snaith left ages ago

http://www.heart.co.uk/on-air/schedule/

Good spot. I've sent them an e-mail. We'll see if anything happens!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some late changes to heart London and the network

Roberto has just tweeted he's on drive from 4pm to 7pm in for JK and Lucy don't know who's covering for Roberto yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Tech wrote: »
    Good spot. I've sent them an e-mail. We'll see if anything happens!!!

They've updated it now with Jason Donovan replacing Nick Snaith

We have great shows on Heart from presenters including Toby Anstis, Emma Bunton and Jason Donovan. For a full schedule for your Heart station please enter your postcode below.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Ellis covering for Roberto from 7pm to 10pm whilst he covers for JK and Lucy
  • Options
    andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And anybody who goes on holiday to a foreign country and STILL wants to listen to Heart when they're there,well,I'd say,surely you can do without Ellie Goulding,Bruno Mars and Debarge for a week or so. Don't worry,they'll all still be here when you get back.

I chuckle to myself imagining their look of horror at a data bill in figures

''but i was only listening to the heart app'

for 2 weeks solid.

last time i went abroad my data roaming refused to work, what if i wanted to listen to the heart app? :o:D
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I drive a taxi and flit between Radio 2 and C.D's. On maybe 3 occasions during the past 9 years young women have asked if I could switch over to Heart/MFM ( wwhatever it was at the time ) I just laugh and say I've got 12 FM presets and not ONE is set to 103.4.

I'd never ask the taxi driver to change the frequency.

It's his cab!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on holiday for two weeks and I went back to work on nightshift this week hoping perhaps that Heart might have freshened up the playlist. Needless to say they hadn't,it was just the usual diet of John Legend,Paloma Faith,Happy,Passenger,Ellie Goulding,Rather Be,Stay With Me,etc.

According to the website Compare My Radio, Heart plays these songs up to 130 or 140 times a month - in other words four or five times a day,every day. How any radio station can do that and have the strapline "More Music Variety" and maintain any credibility is beyond me.

As always we had the usual complement of Bruno Mars and Olly Murs as well.

The oldies were just the usual ones - Debarge,Natalie Imbruglia,Coolio,Don't You Want Me,Starship,Take On Me,and so on.

I will however say one thing in their favour: last night on the Time Tunnel at 2am it was 1993 and they played Sting's Fields Of Gold and SWV's Right Here,both brilliant records,and it was a refreshing change to hear them,I'd never heard them on the radio for ages.

Why can't they play records like that more often,instead of John Legend or Ellie Goulding yet again?
  • Options
    Mikes MikeMikes Mike Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will however say one thing in their favour: last night on the Time Tunnel at 2am it was 1993 and they played Sting's Fields Of Gold and SWV's Right Here,both brilliant records,and it was a refreshing change to hear them,I'd never heard them on the radio for ages.

Why can't they play records like that more often,instead of John Legend or Ellie Goulding yet again?

Both Fields of Gold and Right Here play on the Late Show/Wind Down as I'm sure Smartprogrammer can confirm.
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was on holiday for two weeks and I went back to work on nightshift this week hoping perhaps that Heart might have freshened up the playlist. Needless to say they hadn't,it was just the usual diet of John Legend,Paloma Faith,Happy,Passenger,Ellie Goulding,Rather Be,Stay With Me,etc.

According to the website Compare My Radio, Heart plays these songs up to 130 or 140 times a month - in other words four or five times a day,every day. How any radio station can do that and have the strapline "More Music Variety" and maintain any credibility is beyond me.

As always we had the usual complement of Bruno Mars and Olly Murs as well.

The oldies were just the usual ones - Debarge,Natalie Imbruglia,Coolio,Don't You Want Me,Starship,Take On Me,and so on.

It is also when an artist gets played over 200 times a month (and taking out say club classics, top 40) your close to hearing some artists every three hours or less.
  • Options
    phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new all 80's show on Heart presented by Jason Donovan has a great selection of music.

Do you think the new Global station will be a brand extension to Heart with a 80's and Club Classics theme?

In addition to broadcasting nationwide on Digital One it could take over the Gold AM frequencies in London, East Midlands and Manchester. It could be more profitable than Gold as the new station would get more listeners as it would be cross promoted on the main Heart service.

Gold could continue on DAB only via local multiplexs in London, East Midlands and Yorkshire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is also when an artist gets played over 200 times a month (and taking out say club classics, top 40) your close to hearing some artists every three hours or less.

Well,if you listen to Heart from about 11pm to 7am,as we do,when I'm at work on the nightshift,you will almost certainly hear at least two Bruno Mars records. Sometimes three. Olly Murs is much the same.

But remember, it's More Music Variety.
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    The new all 80's show on Heart presented by Jason Donovan has a great selection of music.

Do you think the new Global station will be a brand extension to Heart with a 80's and Club Classics theme?

In addition to broadcasting nationwide on Digital One it could take over the Gold AM frequencies in London, East Midlands and Manchester. It could be more profitable than Gold as the new station would get more listeners as it would be cross promoted on the main Heart service.

Gold could continue on DAB only via local multiplexs in London, East Midlands and Yorkshire.

I will be very surprised if they pull the remaining Golds off am
    If they were going to do it they would have flipped them at the same time as the others and put Smooth on
    Either that or they could have put gold on Manchester dab and dropped one of the two Smooths we have (north west and uk )
    My guess for us would be Smooth nw and the new station on the uk carrier
    I'd imagine that they will continue with Gold until licence renewal and then possibly switch off the remaining am transmitters
    I think that would be reasonable given that Gold has only just gone on the new East Midlands mux and if the station hadn't got a future they would have put Smooth on it which they haven't
    And of course as it's 90% automated now it's cheap to run ..something that Global being the cost effective company they are is sure to appeal to them 😄
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie and Emma are back on Holiday again from tomorrow with JK and Lucy covering, Margherita Taylor will be on drive from 4pm to 7pm

The schedule out to Monday has JK and Lucy on breakfast every morning from tomorrow bar Sunday with Saturday networked across the country as normal
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well,if you listen to Heart from about 11pm to 7am,as we do,when I'm at work on the nightshift,you will almost certainly hear at least two Bruno Mars records. Sometimes three. Olly Murs is much the same.

But remember, it's More Music Variety.

I class myself as a captive listener, Management won;t change it, as it keeps the ladies in the offices happy (none of that noisy Radio 1).
    For the mainly male warehouse who are around long after the ladies have gone, its club classics.
    No wonder radios are hidden in the warehouse, and come out for the football on late shift!
  • Options
    simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant help laughing when Toby gets calls or tweets claiming to be from new listeners saying how they've switched from another station as they were fed up, they say how amazing heart is, wait till they have heard it for a few weeks and hear how repetitive it is !!!