Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    I have a dire need for some counterfeit money and I find it incredibly annoying that I have absolutely no way of knowing who to contact for such a thing.

Don't we all, don't we all... ;)
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Centaurion wrote: »
    If I buy summat from Lidls on the 11th why does it show up on my Credit Card statement opposite the date 15th ?

Many's the time I've thought I've been going mad , casting my mind back to the previous month, racking my brains what I was doing on the 15th ? I was at work on the 15th , nowhere near a fecking Lidls, someone is using my card then putting it back in my wallet.

Why the two dates ?
    Transaction date isn't the same as the posting date, when the merchant requests funds from your card issuer. Sometimes it's the same, usually there's a day or more's delay.

Tonight's annoyance. Drivers who can't comprehend lanes on a roundabout, esp ones that've just had the lines repainted in big shiny white lines. You wanna drive into someone's car door? Do it on someone else's car. Both of you. Oiks.
  • Options
    Daniel_GleeballDaniel_Gleeball Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it's the way children are so over indulged and protected. You are sitting in the library and you have kids running around screaming whilst you are trying to study no one seems to do anything about it. Than you go the machines pressing the relevant buttons the kid will come over and press another button. You glare daggers at the parent and they just laugh and act as if everything their kid does is so enchanting, without so much as an apology.

I remember watching a very good programme on the principle of freakenomics
    This guy was talking how he used the process of freakenomics in potty training his child.
    Now every time his kid pooped in the toilet he would give her a packet of m and ms
    At first the kid would go the toilet about three times a day. But after a while she managed with great sphincter control to minimise the quantity of her toiletry deposits at each sitting In order for her to go about 10 times a day instead of three. Thus getting 10 packets of m and ms Instead of three.

Now it's an interesting story of the theory of motivation. But on the other hand when a respected figure starts to talk about his own kids bowel movements in a professional capacity you really do realise just how obsessed people are with their kids.
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's the way children are so over indulged and protected. You are sitting in the library and you have kids running around screaming whilst you are trying to study no one seems to do anything about it. Than you go the machines pressing the relevant buttons the kid will come over and press another button. You glare daggers at the parent and they just laugh and act as if everything their kid does is so enchanting, without so much as an apology.

I was walking through the supermarket earlier today with a block of Stilton in one hand and a bottle of rum under my arm (or 'lunch' as I call it). All of a sudden some Little Darling comes sprinting up behind me and runs straight into my arm sending my rum hurtling towards the deck. Luckily my instincts from back in the day when I used to field at backward point kicked in and I caught it inches from the floor...and all without dropping my Stilton.

I turn around and look at Mumsie hoping for a) an acknowledgement of my fine fielding skills and b) a sound thrash...telling off for Little Darling. Instead, I get a look that could turn a runaway bull to stone and Little Darling gets a protective arm around the shoulders and is steered away from the nasty man.

Fair play, it's always nice to know when you're in the wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was walking through the supermarket earlier today with a block of Stilton in one hand and a bottle of rum under my arm (or 'lunch' as I call it). All of a sudden some Little Darling comes sprinting up behind me and runs straight into my arm sending my rum hurtling towards the deck. Luckily my instincts from back in the day when I used to field at backward point kicked in and I caught it inches from the floor...and all without dropping my Stilton.

I turn around and look at Mumsie hoping for a) an acknowledgement of my fine fielding skills and b) a sound thrash...telling off for Little Darling. Instead, I get a look that could turn a runaway bull to stone and Little Darling gets a protective arm around the shoulders and is steered away from the nasty man.

Fair play, it's always nice to know when you're in the wrong.

A very moving and amusing story. It seems to be that if you could score double figures with the Bat Alistair Cook job as an opener are numbered.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you go for a dump and it feels like you're trying to shit out both kidneys in one go, yet when it finally does drop into the bog it's something akin to a chocolate raisin.

That is annoying.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    When you go for a dump and it feels like you're trying to shit out both kidneys in one go, yet when it finally does drop into the bog it's something akin to a chocolate raisin.

That is annoying.

I hate it when your sh*t is bloody and painful :(:o
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    People who don't email back when they say they will - especially when its about important business.
    Those auto responder emails (soandso is out of the office today etc), which say the day the person is back and that they'll reply which they never do.

Idiots.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Postman leaving a parcel with a neigbour. This is :( because either:
    (1) I keep weird hours and am likely out when they're home and asleep or gone when they return, it doesn't feel right them having responsibility for my parcel, much prefer to pick things up from Delivery Office when I decide to rather than feeling obligated to go knock next door ASAP.
    or (2) I really don't want to have anything to do with any of my neighbours.
    I'll go with (1) cos (2) makes me out to be a right unsocial person,
    And yes I should've put up one of those "return to depo if not in" stickers, darn it - I've ordered one so fingers crossed this won't happen again.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That person that leaves dried bogies on every single library book you ever take out, anywhere, cementing the pages together before the inevitable pièce de résistance - the crusty and suspicious brown/curry-coloured stain somewhere near the back end of the book.

Cups left upside down in the cupboard so the rim comes into contact with a potentially dirty surface area. WHY, ffs. :o

Clothes and bedding caught in drawers. Things stuck out of drawers.

Robin Thicke.

Trying to carry two cups of tea upstairs mega carefully and watching in almost slow motion as you inevitably still spill one, then the other. And a little tea always seems to go a long way with spills.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Trying to carry two cups of tea upstairs mega carefully and watching in almost slow motion as you inevitably still spill one, then the other. And a little tea always seems to go a long way with spills.
    http://www.livescience.com/20246-coffee-spill-walking.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    QT 3.14 wrote: »

That is annoying.

That is funny, but true Lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniffing. Just blow your effing nose already!
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    That person that leaves dried bogies on every single library book you ever take out, anywhere, cementing the pages together before the inevitable pièce de résistance - the crusty and suspicious brown/curry-coloured stain somewhere near the back end of the book.

Cups left upside down in the cupboard so the rim comes into contact with a potentially dirty surface area. WHY, ffs. :o

Clothes and bedding caught in drawers. Things stuck out of drawers.

Robin Thicke.

So that dust doesn't go into the cups.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    People who don't email back when they say they will - especially when its about important business.
    Those auto responder emails (soandso is out of the office today etc), which say the day the person is back and that they'll reply which they never do.

Idiots.

This annoys me too :( I think why should I have to chase people up when they said they would contact me? >:(
  • Options
    JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    Forward slash. The word stroke served us well for many many years.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    And people who can't maintain a steady speed in the car. My fault but I was running a bit late today but with enough time to get here. Part of the journey in is 6 miles on a rural A road that for years was a NSL, now reduced to 50 for its length due to a couple of accidents some years ago on one specific section in the first mile that twists its way through a wooded bit, hence all 6 miles have to be 50 now (and definitely not because of Oxfordshire County Council's policy of making as many roads as possible 50 limits so that their dream of going metric and 50mph=80kmh is the same speed, deffo not that).

I'm happy to 'make good progress' by doing an indicated low 50s (50 +10%) but when faced with people whose speed varies from the high 30s all the way to 60 on the same stretch of road, you start to wonder just how engrossing the phone call they're clearly engaged on is. Pay attention, and get a move on. Yet another example of drivers who love every journey as they pootle along always with a clear road ahead, oblivious to the miles of traffic queuing behind trying to get to their destination.

And another thing. Lower speed limits don't mean it's dangerous to accelerate smoothly up to that speed. Glacier-like acceleration where you take an eon to eventually hit 47mph before backing off for some bend in the road that's less than the earth's curvature isn't 'safer'. It's just crap driving. Get a move on.
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member

Nooo, the cups aren't there long enough to get dusty. Wouldn't lick the shelf (not mine anyway :blush::blush:) Cups up :):)
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    EvieJ wrote: »
    Nooo, the cups aren't there long enough to get dusty. Wouldn't lick the shelf (not mine anyway :blush::blush:) Cups up :):)

Jeez now I'm thinking about the dust. I'll be washing after AND immediately before use now ;-):D;-):D
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parents who sit there at a restaurant/cafe and watch whilst their children cause chaos all over the place, utterly vile the lot of them.
    A prime example the other day was in the sainsburys cafe grabbing a sandwich, one little girl was crying her eyes out and screaming/throwing a tantrum etc, so instead of telling her off, her mother rewards her with a cake, well done mum, you've just given your little sh!t a one way ticket to spoiled city.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Parents who sit there at a restaurant/cafe and watch whilst their children cause chaos all over the place, utterly vile the lot of them.
    A prime example the other day was in the sainsburys cafe grabbing a sandwich, one little girl was crying her eyes out and screaming/throwing a tantrum etc, so instead of telling her off, her mother rewards her with a cake, well done mum, you've just given your little sh!t a one way ticket to spoiled city.

Could not agree with you more. It's nauseating to see how much modern parents indulge their kids
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »

My child certainly wouldn't be given a cake if she was behaving like that!
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone knows it's my day off today and tomorrow, so why some are calling to see if I could babysit their babies and toddlers?

I'm more annoyed with myself for feeling guilty after I refused.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Everyone knows it's my day off today and tomorrow, so why some are calling to see if I could babysit their babies and toddlers?

I'm more annoyed with myself for feeling guilty after I refused.

Basically it's because they think their kids are the most important thing to ever happen to the universe. It does not even enter their mind that in some peoples eyes they are not.

Probably feel guilty because you may feel it could affect your friendship/ relationship with them. It's not a nice position to have been put in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Men or women telling every one either in flesh or on the internet just how members of the opposite sex just fall over themselves in their presence. I just find it really conceited and charmless. It's not their place to tell you how attractive they are. It's up to others to comment. These people really do give the impression that the only thing needed for them to fall in love is a mirror.
This discussion has been closed.