Options

Luckiest team ever Manchester United !

ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apart from the Champions League final when they had been battered for 90 minutes but then score a couple of lucky goals at the end AND all the deflected goals they sem to score ..... I have also noticed that when they play important matches , the team they are playing , find that their best / most important players gets injured or banned or something and can't play .

Sunday's match is a perfect example - Man City have 6 top class strikers on the books but only ONE - Bellamy _ is fit or able to play against United .

Just thought I'd share my thoughts :)

Comments

• Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank Lampard must be the luckiest person alive then, or like Man United he makes his own luck.

How by the way is it luck for Man United that City have 6 strikers out for todays game??

Surley that is nothing to do with them.
  • Options
    mel1213mel1213 Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member
    Anyone would think that Fergie had injured/suspended the players himself, the way some people go on.

We've not exactly been without our own injuries, you just have to deal with it and work with what you have got, and Utd have a good, strong squad ... not our fault if other teams don't
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man City do not have six top class strikers on their books so the chances of having six fit for their next game seems very unlikely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The argument falls down somewhat when you class Bellamy as top class.......
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they bare playing 3 strikers/foward players (whatever name you want to call them by) today.

So that arguement falls flat on it's face! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a daft thread! :confused:

Every team along the way has had some luck & good fortune.

It's not Manchester United's fault that Adebayor decided to behave like a t*t last week and get himself banned.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    What a daft thread! :confused:

Every team along the way has had some luck & good fortune.

It's not Manchester United's fault that Adebayor decided to behave like a t*t last week and get himself banned.

It didn't benefit Arsenal though did it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »

You see. I told you he wasn't world class.

:rolleyes:

:D

:o

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It didn't benefit Arsenal though did it?

How was it ever going to benefit Arsenal? In fact how does any ban directly benefit any team who's favour it went in seeing as it can only be applied after the match in question? :confused:

Unless of course the FA had planned to build a time machine, take both teams back in time and make them play without Ade ... but then that relies on whether you believe time is linear or circular because that would then affect the outcome of whether the time travel would irreversebly change the pattern of time and space ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »

Oh dear.....
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed.
    Another winner deep into Fergie Time:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    96th minute. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    A.B.U.A.B.U. Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Sickening!!!!!!

:yawn:
    /|\
  • Options
    The RatThe Rat Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    Indeed.
    Another winner deep into Fergie Time:rolleyes:

No need to roll your eyes, that is the rules, if United aren't winning play till they are.

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey, if Bellamy didn't spend nearly 2 minutes celebrating hs goal, the game would have been over long before 96mins
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Fergie having a good laugh with the fourth official i see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No point in watching Chelsea v Spurs, the title has already been promised to ManUre, as usual. :mad:
  • Options
    Triple-PTriple-P Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 mins = 6 mins?

wtf?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Triple-P wrote: »
    4 mins = 6 mins?

wtf?

Disgusting but unsurprising!!!!!!:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    4 mins = 6 mins?

wtf?

4 mins became 6 mins when Bellamy spent nearly 2 minutes celebrating City's 3rd goal ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fergie having a good laugh with the fourth official i see.

Yeah they were just deciding how big the bonus Fergie was going to give him is gonna be :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I admit Fergie is a great manager it has to be said he's a damn lucky manager too.

This week ManuU avoided the Premier league' in form striker as Adebayour stupidly managed to get himself suspended.

When they played Tottenham the week before our star player Modric had just gotten injured with no time to re-jig team due to international break.

The game before that they play Arsenal whose star player Fabregas is out injured.
  • Options
    The RatThe Rat Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    4 mins = 6 mins?

wtf?

Makes sense to me: game at Old Trafford, United not winning by the time the number of added on minutes has elapsed, means the teams play on till United win. The ref does have the discretion to stop the game at any point after that if he feels United may end up conceding a goal themselves.

I hope City fans are not surprised by this turn of events.

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a team takes up 90 seconds of injury time celebrating a goal, why is it a big issue that the goal is scored 90 seconds over the original alloted injury time?
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ridculus. Man U deserved to win, it was only because of their sloppy mistakes that they almost didnt win.
This discussion has been closed.