Options

On twitter they are saying Adele has throat cancer!! (Merged)

Delicious11Delicious11 Posts: 1,406
Forum Member
✭✭✭
:eek::eek::eek:

Can't seem to find a credible link yet though.

I hope it isn't true.

[news]Adele denies throat cancer speculation[/news]

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Some are saying throat cancer some are saying vocal chord hemorrahage (can't spell that word).

Either way they're saying she has to have surgery. Isn't that the reason she's cancelled her US tour?
  • Options
    MehitabelMehitabel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something is very wrong. She's been having trouble for months and she's not old enough to have issues as a result of ongoing abuse of her vocal folds. Plus, she doesn't sound like she sings in a way that would excessively aggravate her larynx. Good luck to her - she's a lovely and talented young woman.
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    The way this rumour has come about so suddenly and mysteriously tied in with her constant and varying throat issues gives me a horrifying gut feeling that this could be true. I really, REALLY pray that it isn't.
  • Options
    TamaraTeaBagTamaraTeaBag Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    :(

please god its not true
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read this and thought it was a sick joke. It can't be true can it?:confused: She wouldn't be the first singer to have nodules on her vocal chords, but throat cancer, at her age?! When I think of that I think of old men who've smoked and drank heavily all their lives.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I hope to God this isn't true.
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I just read this and thought it was a sick joke. It can't be true can it?:confused: She wouldn't be the first singer to have nodules on her vocal chords, but throat cancer, at her age?! When I think of that I think of old men who've smoked and drank heavily all their lives.

She is a very heavy smoker and has done an incredible amount of gigs - her throat has had a right beating in the last few years. It's not inconcievable.
  • Options
    ogg monsterogg monster Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    She does seem a bit young for throat cancer, but I'm sure it isn't unheard of at her age.
  • Options
    CubiteCubite Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Me thinks someone is jumping the gun a tad...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Throat cancer at her age would be highly unlikely... it is more common in smokers from 45 onwards. Even benign tumours would be surprising... there are of course exceptions... but a professional singer would be more aware of changes I would think.
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just before the endless rumours begin, she is having surgery on her vocal chords.

Adele will undergo throat surgery to try to alleviate the problem that has plagued her health all year.

The poorly star has postponed or cancelled a string of American and British shows in previous months after suffering a hemorrhage in her vocal chord, but the operation is expected to sort things out once and for all.
  • Options
    ArcticJayHArcticJayH Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why start a new thread ?
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArcticJayH wrote: »
    Why start a new thread ?

Just to stop rumours spreading - someone has started a thread saying it is all over twitter....
  • Options
    ArcticJayHArcticJayH Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news thread or not, the rumors will spread im afraid.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Just before the endless rumours begin, she is having surgery on her vocal chords.

Adele will undergo throat surgery to try to alleviate the problem that has plagued her health all year.

The poorly star has postponed or cancelled a string of American and British shows in previous months after suffering a hemorrhage in her vocal chord, but the operation is expected to sort things out once and for all.

Yeah, this was in the paper yesterday. I thought cancer until I read the reason why.
  • Options
    Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #PrayForAdele is a worldwide TT right now :( hope it isnt true!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Load of old rubbish. Twitter is full of idiots.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely false. She has a haemorrhage of her vocal cords, not cancer. Apparently she'll make a full recovery and should be alright for touring next year.
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont know whether thats some bizarre joker who started that, or a sick twisted individual.
    if she had throat cancer i think the doctors would of noticed straight away
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit of an insensitive thread title and as you say it's a twitter rumour and nothing officially confirmed, why continue to spread that rumour. Maybe just a title that simply said 'Adele' rather than spreading a rumour and possibly causing hysteria around social networking sites and forums.

This is the first I've heard the rumour and hope it's not true, I wouldn't wish cancer upon anyone. If, and that's a big if, the rumours aer true, I wish her well, awful disease.
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    It's trending on twitter what a awful rumour to start :(
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    ArcticJayH wrote: »
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news thread or not, the rumors will spread im afraid.

Pretty much.

Without wishing to perpetuate a rumour though, it's not impossible that they are saying the surgery is for one thing to cover up something more serious (IIRC Steve Jobs denied he had cancer at first).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    What annoys me is the amount of brain dead people on twitter who are in shock and '#prayingforadele' that help spread the rumour, are they to thick to notice the fact it's nowhere in the news apart from a twitter trend..
  • Options
    GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I really hope not:(
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Its unlikely someone her age would get throat cancer.